Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question on name reservation

Amen

Hi all,

Me becoming a backer is contingent on if my account name is going to be my character name.

Support told me that my vessel name will match my account name. Not sure what a vessel is... If I only want to run one character on the account, it'd be great if it could match the account name... make sense?

I'm sure the answer is super obvious and I apologize if this has been asked 1k times already. Didn't see a thread on it.

Thanks!

Your "vessel" is the equivalent of a "character" in game. So yes. :D

Also if you have any other questions, feel free to join the Crowfall Discord. There's always someone that can answer your questions and have a conversation about Crowfall more fluidly if you have a bunch of questions. :D

https://discord.gg/0wjluGLmPPK9K6Lw

Edited by NocturnalDemise

OS_Sig3.png

They haven't specified yet. Your forum name does not necessarily equal the name that will show up in game. To be honest, they just haven't gotten that far yet.

The webstuff necessary to reserve names got delayed. They've given no solid ETA on its arrival yet.

In this game you won't have "character names", you'll have a Crow name that follows you wherever you go.... regardless of campaign you are on. Hopefully it can't be changed either. Again details aren't finalized yet.

Hi all,

Me becoming a backer is contingent on if my account name is going to be my character name.

Support told me that my vessel name will match my account name. Not sure what a vessel is... If I only want to run one character on the account, it'd be great if it could match the account name... make sense?

I'm sure the answer is super obvious and I apologize if this has been asked 1k times already. Didn't see a thread on it.

Thanks!

Your vessel is your char's body. When you use a vessel it becomes an avatar. Your avatar shares your Crow name. Your Crow is your char's soul, in a sense, and all character progression happens on the Crow. Not sure if your Crow name will be your account name, or if you can name your Crow whatever you want once you log in for the first time. As Scree said, some of the details haven't been fully finalized.

Here's the faq on it: http://crowfall.com/en/faq/crowsandvessels/

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.