Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

Shadowbane... please explain it to me like I'm 5.

I'm pretty sure some of the most diehard SB fans have already thrown in the towel for the foreseeable future on this game. I'm also pretty sure the ones that are still here just spent 16 pages trying to argue against high skill-ceiling combat.

Man VN, you are one stubborn stump of a choad aren't you? Not one person has actually professed to disagree with you about high skill modern combat, wherever that actually means... I just wanted FF and collision. We actually spent 16 pages putting forth the valuable ideas shadowbane brought to the table beyond comnbat because it was not shadowbanes strong suit. And you spent 16 pages insulting everyones epeen for self agrandizement. leggo my epeen kid, I need to use that later on tonight, I have a date. Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Really?  I have yet to see these people capable of admitting that combat is the most important feature in the game and will remain so.  Anyway good luck in testing, hope you enjoy it!

Cool but for every large battle you saw there were hundreds of little gankfests going on at all times.  The majority of pvp that occurs in games is not large scale pvp.

And these hundred little gankfests has zero effect on the metagmae and who was getting stuff done... sure , you can find small scale PvP almost anywhere but if you are not in on the big events, just like in crowfall, you are not making a mark, getting the best and most resources, controlling territory and chasing off the riffraff...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

To answer the original poster, Shadowbane let you PK guys like Vikingnail, then burn their house down. Since playing it, my first question in a new game is, "Can I burn down someone's house?"

This isn't really true, cause I never died in shadowbane so the game didn't really LET people player kill me. 

Man VN, you are one stubborn stump of a choad aren't you? Not one person has actually professed to disagree with you about high skill modern combat, wherever that actually means... I just wanted FF and collision. We actually spent 16 pages putting forth the valuable ideas shadowbane brought to the table beyond comnbat because it was not shadowbanes strong suit. And you spent 16 pages insulting everyones epeen for self agrandizement. leggo my epeen kid, I need to use that later on tonight, I have a date.

Actually if you read the thread they clearly have disagreed.  They literally said they don't want the game to focus on skill-ceilings too much and they would rather it also focus on things like crafting (lol).  Anyway personal attacks are boring, sorry you had to resort to them. 

And these hundred little gankfests has zero effect on the metagmae and who was getting stuff done... sure , you can find small scale PvP almost anywhere but if you are not in on the big events, just like in crowfall, you are not making a mark, getting the best and most resources, controlling territory and chasing off the riffraff...

Uh gankfests constantly change player politics, some of the biggest wars have broken out because of some little gankfest.  Nice try though?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

To answer the original poster, Shadowbane let you PK guys like Vikingnail, then burn their house down. Since playing it, my first question in a new game is, "Can I burn down someone's house?"

I chuckled. That is exactly why he will NEVER admit who he is associated with. There would be quite a queue.

See, In Shadowbane, VN's nation would be held to account for his posts. They would more than likely be griefed off of the server on general principle alone at this point, not gonna lie. The only way the nation would not perish along with all their assets would be to banish VN and pay a hefty fee in gold/resources. This would force VN to:

- Permanently retire to the "Table of Champions" or...

- Find a new Guild/Nation/Gaming Community and...

- Re-roll his characters and create a new in-game/on-line personae....and of course he would have to alter his posting style or quit posting altogether (which is a virtual impossibility).

I assure you these will all be possibilities in Crowfall as well, for anyone, even given the campaign "reset". That is the beauty in it all. Ramifications for in-game/on-line behavior

I wouldn't tag him. Political liability. He has a very low "skill ceiling" when it comes to that sort of thing, politics. But if anyone is aware, or decides to tag him in the future, please feel free to inform the community in it's entirety.

Lolz... sorry VN, had to acknowledge my warning from Pann... a thread this long full of nonsense got to the point of testing her limits. Found it! Sorry Pann, I'll be good.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Crowfall didn't really lose ALL of its testers.  It could have done a better job retaining more testers, but it is still early stage testing and it still gets people logging in to test.

It's ok lil buddy, the sky has not fallen yet.

Shadowbane didn't lose ALL of its players either. That was the point of the quote.

Most of it's testers... it is pre-alpha and most players have not even been invited to test. You might be jumping the gun here a little considering that persistent world testing is coming soon and will allow us to start working further up through those skill ranks and see how it affects the relative power of the archetypes... then crafting... we are just getting started kid.

Wasn't talking to you. Me and VN have a love affair, not a triangle. kkthx

But, I always cheat on my lovers. What's most players? I'm assuming Gold and up from the kickstarter are in. So, that's at least 2500 players. Do you have 2500 players? No, that would be more like 500 per test and that's just giving the advantage to the testers. So the majority of testers aren't even playing. The math also doesn't include package upgrades, contest winners, 2015 packages, and 2016 packages. Math advantage: still me.

Just getting started? The people that paid the most money aren't even here.

Yeah but its not 1993 - There are 100 different places a new player can go to for the social kick of hanging out with other gamers - so when they stumble into a place which is just filled with hate'n'spite they probably just gonna move on. 

And of course - that hate'n'spite - is all just heat from the game: Its competitive rivalry and smack talk. These guys have probably been playing together for years and years and don't really need much in the way of a filter when dealing with each other.. Its kind of a locker room vibe.

But if you're not on the team to begin with - or you're wondering if you should be.. it will tip the scale for you if all you see is a bunch of hollering raging kiddies spitting at each other. And no offense but a lot of forums just look like that. Those SB Emu forums did.

Am I curious in SB? ye sure - but am I curious enough to go in there and put up with that? No feckin way :)

Life is too short.

And for a new game - that sort of thing would be game killing - cos most people wouldn't bother.

my 2 crows.

No, it's not 1993. Now we have trigglypuffs running around wanting Gordon Walton to Trammel the internet because of their feels.

A forums is never a game. I played Planetside 2 and Reign of Kings for months without bothering with the forums. Both heavy PvP games with trash talk. I didn't know anyone there and I didn't have a guild to roll with for the "locker room" filler. If a forums kills your love for a game, then you're too soft for the game. I hear Wizard 101 is great and you won't get graped there.

No, it's not 1993. Now we have trigglypuffs running around wanting Gordon Walton to Trammel the internet because of their feels.

A forums is never a game. I played Planetside 2 and Reign of Kings for months without bothering with the forums. Both heavy PvP games with trash talk. I didn't know anyone there and I didn't have a guild to roll with for the "locker room" filler. If a forums kills your love for a game, then you're too soft for the game. I hear Wizard 101 is great and you won't get graped there.

Put a fork in it, this lettuce is microwaved.

If you never died in SB, then you didn't take enough chances or play long enough to be relevant.

Or maybe I just played in the best guild and played at a standard of excellence vastly higher than most? 

I've never died in any MMO ever, though.

But, back on topic...

They should change the name for "suppression" into "power block".  It would increase the skill ceiling to have this CF game be identical to SB in every conceivable facet.  If I'm not .exe-ing every fifteen minutes--on the minute, son--then I'm selling my account.  

In fact, **** this ****.  CF already doesn't let me stack infinite number of soldiers on top of each other--which is clearly working with a higher skill ceiling than having collision (duh, bro); therefore, WTS 1 Sapphire account.

tumblr_msmmblvlso1so20ito4_400.gif

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Lol at people who have spent the last year engaging VN and are still engaging him

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I was thinking this thread was maybe more like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Ii4BLiR28

The CF mods have a different rule.

Troll all you want. That's A-OK.

Just don't ever recognize when you're being trolled. And for god sake, if you recognize you're being trolled don't mention it or yer gonna get a warning / ban.