Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

Shadowbane... please explain it to me like I'm 5.

They should change the name for "suppression" into "power block"

i don't want to rail this thread anywhere educational or relevant....but today my brain actually clicked and i realized you can actually use a C power while suppressed (also will cancel the suppression)

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

The CF mods have a different rule.

Troll all you want. That's A-OK.

Just don't ever recognize when you're being trolled. And for god sake, if you recognize you're being trolled don't mention it or yer gonna get a warning / ban.

Unless you're a guild. Then Pannzer will protect you as if you're a real person. Despite the kickstarter reward not being implemented protecting guilds.

Edited by headlight

Holy smokes. By the next time I check this forum, VIKINGNAIL will surely have written over 4,000 posts of double-digit I.Q. fail about Shadowbane.

It should be obvious that if VIKINGNAIL did in fact play Shadowbane, he didn't leave the game on good terms. My guess is that he came with some supposedly "l33t" guild at release that ended up quitting after getting dumpstered. It's the only logical inference to be drawn from his level of butt-hurt. And that would also explain why he won't give any specific information about his server or guild history from when he supposedly played the game.

Edit: I wrote that before I saw him claim that he never died while playing Shadowbane. LOL.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I'm guessing the SB vets feel similarly about the 20 pages of uninformed nonsense vikingnail just spewed about their favourite game after quitting early on as I do when the shadowbane vets on this forum spew their uninformed nonsense about darkfall after quitting early on. So, condolences, but maybe try to gain some perspective from that.

1/3rd of the forums hates VN. I also think 1/3rd is being generous.

Well it's surefire way to start Sstorm here on forums :

"I hate Shadowbane/Darkfall because it was  low-skill-celling / bunnyhoppingstiupid"

And flamewar starts instantly.

Anybody who played any game be it Shadowbane or Mario or Call of Duty, is entitled to say whatever he wants and be bashed for it by fanstill end of times.

Rule of internet #1. Nobody cares what you think.

Edited by Naur

The fact is that I won Shadowbane 1996 and quit before development was even thought of as their was no high skill competition left.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm guessing the SB vets feel similarly about the 20 pages of uninformed nonsense vikingnail just spewed about their favourite game after quitting early on as I do when the shadowbane vets on this forum spew their uninformed nonsense about darkfall after quitting early on. So, condolences, but maybe try to gain some perspective from that.

A ton of "SB Vets" loved Darkfall (including a lot of -W-).

I thought it was pure poorly made socks as a siege / large scale conflict game, personally. I thought the very small scale combat was good.

Short answer is I don't think the connection you think exists really exists with regard to the "SB Vets" hating on DF. 

Well page 18, I guess I'll bite..  OP what I loved about SB was the fact that you could PK someone almost anywhere.  You could train the wrong skill and have to reroll your character because it sucks now.  Guild vs guild was fun, it was awesome to coordinate a bunch of players and wage a war.  To crush your enemy.  Running around and destroying other guilds leveling groups.  The game was dark, it wasn't candy coated BS.  Granted yes it was tab target and the optimization was crap.  But the game had some very great ideas.  The vast map was also nice, granted it was mostly vast emptyness, but that was part of the strategy you needed to implement when planting your guild seed.  I started SB at the very beginning of 04 so apparently I don't know what the prime of the game looked like..  But regardless my friends and I built characters, learned what everything does and honed our builds within a couple of months. At that point, being a tab target game there wasn't much else to do other than coordinate and play your role, and you better do it well.  I have fond memories of me and 3 of my RL friends fending off entire groups and coming out on top because us four could coordinate so well.  My buddy could dual box a healer like a boss and coordinate at the same time.  There was so much politics, passion, coordination, infiltration, spying, backstabbing, poorly made socks talking, character customizing, etc...  That's what made it so great for me.

The reason why I am so active with Crowfall is that it has the spirit of SB.  While the combat is different as well as many other aspects.  Its using the same blueprint for an MMO with current tech and design.  Its touching on a genre of MMO that only SB executed well, even though it didn't.  I've tried other MMO's, but nothing compares.  This game, its concept and design, while much of it is way different from SB, still feels like SB was one of the main ingredients in making this game what it is.  Many of us SB folk aren't as crappy players as a certain person might think.  I for one played many other games along side SB.  So it will be awesome to see so many concepts come together.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

There's a subforums for Darkfall?

Holy smokes. By the next time I check this forum, VIKINGNAIL will surely have written over 4,000 posts of double-digit I.Q. fail about Shadowbane.

It should be obvious that if VIKINGNAIL did in fact play Shadowbane, he didn't leave the game on good terms. My guess is that he came with some supposedly "l33t" guild at release that ended up quitting after getting dumpstered. It's the only logical inference to be drawn from his level of butt-hurt. And that would also explain why he won't give any specific information about his server or guild history from when he supposedly played the game.

Edit: I wrote that before I saw him claim that he never died while playing Shadowbane. LOL.

Yeah Vikingnail was after my nuts since almost day 1 here - and he really love Shadowbane for sure since beta in 2002, lol.

There are some players who have been griefed most of their life in a multiplayer environment - and you see such players in World of Warcraft who enjoy single player fetch a quest type of none sense.. 

Fact is most cannot handle competition in a multiplayer environment with guilds, and if they are up against skilled players - they usually resign and moan about it before the game actually launch... And guess what it will be no difference in Conan exile or here in Crowfall - you will see your house/castle destroyed/raided, looted, and I really looking forward to it!  ;)

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

...cos I actually was 5 when Shadowbane was released. I have no relationship to it. No interest in reliving it (obviously) and really apart from what I read on Wikipedia I have no idea why so many people are keyed up about making Crowfall a "child of Shadowbane"  - but there's a lot of heat on the forums about comparing features and all that.

Can somebody explain why so many people want this game to be like an old game from 2003?  I ask only to learn.

For context I'm a bit nervous of old folks and their nostalgia rants. I panic-quit Shroud of the Avatar cos so many old crusty people were complaining in a forum that it wasn't the Ultima PvP experience they had been 'promised'.

<----- Looking for reassurance.

Ok back on topic... 

It will not be like Shadowbane in 2003 due to hardware & tech improvement related to combat (style), but the spirit of the game `Shadowbane` will be noticeable indeed - since it`s all about survivial in a sandbox environment with similar game developers from the relative new company `Artcraft Entertainment`. And you`ve most of the older communities here who were active since the early days of history of gaming - yes back to the Ultima Online days. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Although, when `we` achieve victory in-game and dance among the ruins of so many clueless guilds when I look at the guild section - including VN, I`m more than happy...  ^_^

Quit tooting your own horn. Its never cute.

The only reason VN discuss on these forum is to trigger a reaction - so u cant really discuss anything worthwhile..

Quit tooting your own horn. Its never cute.

Yeah true that `sigh, it was not too serious though.. :)  I didn`t even mentioned some of the relative `new` guilds from the Dregs.net so hopefully no one was offended, Mai. (..guild politics.)

And I really don`t know why I defended Crowfall earlier this year on the Dregs. net, because we`ve spent money for an early access game? (I really doubt that was my main reason.)

Well, I personally supported Crowfall, because the game had potential, because of Todd & Gordon and all the hours of fun with had with old community from the old Shadowbane days..  And tooting horns or not on a `political`forum which is suppose to be entertaining for other to read years ago.. At least for those who were involved in SB politically in-game which was exciting indeed for years in that particular game involving guilds since 2002 beta..

LoD
Sinister
KGB
-W-
SD
QFT
SotD

And both QFT & SotD is not even consider òld` guilds since the old UO days.. Although, they both toot theirs horns on regular basis years ago, and that`s fine with me as long it was entertaining to read.
I mention a few guilds from old days on the Ubisoft forums which were usually entertaining, but is this forum Crowfall any fun, a serious question?
I read through part of this forum earlier this morning and noticed, bairloch a well known forum nick here who is back from almost one year vacation as well, gr8. 
He was usually entertaining here and creative how he expressed his opinions on the game and other interesting views about Crowfall, and a good friend for my part.  :)

So I asked Gordon Walton on the forum last evening if we are going to see any beta testing in near future or in end of this year, because I admit I usually don`t have sparetime to these brief testing schedules ACE has been doing recently.
I understand why they are doing brief testing, so I`m not against that.  (A bit off topic..)
Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Hey Mal!

Hello  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

The only reason VN discuss on these forum is to trigger a reaction - so u cant really discuss anything worthwhile..

Yeah true that `sigh, it was not too serious though.. :)  I didn`t even mentioned some of the relative `new` guilds from the Dregs.net so hopefully no one was offended, Mai. (..guild politics.)

And I really don`t know why I defended Crowfall earlier this year on the Dregs. net, because we`ve spent money for an early access game? (I really doubt that was my main reason.)

Well, I personally supported Crowfall, because the game had potential, because of Todd & Gordon and all the hours of fun with had with old community from the old Shadowbane days..  And tooting horns or not on a `political`forum which is suppose to be entertaining for other to read years ago.. At least for those who were involved in SB politically in-game which was exciting indeed for years in that particular game involving guilds since 2002 beta..

LoD
Sinister
KGB
-W-
SD
QFT
SotD

And both QFT & SotD is not even consider òld` guilds since the old UO days.. Although, they both toot theirs horns on regular basis years ago, and that`s fine with me as long it was entertaining to read.
I mention a few guilds from old days on the Ubisoft forums which were usually entertaining, but is this forum Crowfall any fun, a serious question?
I read through part of this forum earlier this morning and noticed, bairloch a well known forum nick here who is back from almost one year vacation as well, gr8. 
He was usually entertaining here and creative how he expressed his opinions on the game and other interesting views about Crowfall, and a good friend for my part.  :)

So I asked Gordon Walton on the forum last evening if we are going to see any beta testing in near future or in end of this year, because I admit I usually don`t have sparetime to these brief testing schedules ACE has been doing recently.
I understand why they are doing brief testing, so I`m not against that.  (A bit off topic..)

I was just teasinngggg....