Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IcePixel

Epic Vessels as Siege Point of Intrests

I know the idea of larger boss NPC's roaming around has been proposed before (as I was involved with the discussion). However, I wanted to propose the idea of boss NPC's roaming around that could be controlled by a player if defeated. I know they mentioned something about being able to take over legendary vessels when they announced the vessel system and I am proposing a way to acquire them. Basically large stalking NPC's that would take a large group 20+ players to defeat. This NPC would roam around and basically act as a form of a siege machine for the players that take it over. A player would sacrifice their vessel (just use the same rules for dying for that campaign whatever they may be) and they gain control of a giant walking siege monster who's health is slowly deteriorating. This could allow for a different approach to sieging as well as provide some players with a PvE style boss that I keep seeing recommendations for. The boss does not have to have complicated 'raid like' mechanics. It just needs to have a ton of health and do enough damage to ensure that only a large and serious group attacks it. We don't have to make these big scary monsters drop rare materials as then we are taking people away from the PvP aspect of the game. I feel that this is the best way to add a hard PvE concept to Crowfall, without taking away from the game Crowfall is attempting to be. This is likely post launch and maybe only in a few campaigns, but I thought it was an interesting idea to share.

Please post any ideas, thoughts, adjustments or concerns. After all, 100 heads are better than one. Even if it is mine.  :P

I like the idea. But i don't see it fit into the crowfall concept. We don't have firehose healers, because we don't need them, because we don't have classical PvE bosses. Bringing in such Bosses, especially if they can be played by players, would make it necessary to redo a lot of the combat mechanics and balancing they have been working on over the last month. It would need quite a different mechanic type. Somehow i don't see this happen. But generally it is a nice idea.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

with legendary vesels they mean vesels that have been crafted with legendary items and it will most likely have badass stats. But are still human, centaur etc

A good PVE Boss requires fluid animations , several attack patterns and attack types, a really good boss ai, at least 4 different boss phases that change the way he is doing stuff completly.

bosses like these dont fit in the game at all. This game is going for the Hardcore PVP crowd and while PVP player dont mind PVE Bosses if done right, in Crowfalls cast deverloping the mechanics for the bosses and making the animations etc would waste to mutch time and res they need to make PVP / GvG /Siege / crafting better.

Edited by Xenotor

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Cool idea but I agree with the others that it's not for Crowfall. I think it would be pretty sweet that if somewhere in some cave on some random campaign there's a dragon that you need 20 people to kill and it never respawns, and maybe or maybe not its guarding a rare ore deposit. I do not really like the idea of taking over it's corpse though.

Well you don't need to add High level PVE to make Epic-Vessels POI : 

Let's say there is a cemetery, that will spawn every X hours normal vessels (normal stats, for common use in campaigns). To provide vessels for your army, you will take this POI ... But every Y hours there is an Epic Vessel that will spawn, and the enemy-team will raid your positions to take it back with them. That way you have PvP choke point, without having to code in new Creatures :).

Cool idea but I agree with the others that it's not for Crowfall. I think it would be pretty sweet that if somewhere in some cave on some random campaign there's a dragon that you need 20 people to kill and it never respawns, and maybe or maybe not its guarding a rare ore deposit. I do not really like the idea of taking over it's corpse though.

That Wyvern would have rare resources as part of his body that can be crafted into things like leather, potions, arrowheads, etc. every time one is found and killed or captured. It might even have a viable egg that could hatch into a pet that could be crafted into an EK monster generator or summoning miniature. 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)