Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

3Rd Person (Over The Shoulder) Mouse And Keyboard Controls Confirmed

This has me happy and was one of my few possible concerns.

What is the camera and control interface?

3d person (over the shoulder) mouse and keyboard controls.  In this particular area, we are similar to traditional MMOs.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq

Edited by noobzilla_youtube

I too personally like 3rd person/WASD controls because I'm one of those who gets easily motion sick when in FPS games.  But if the devs were to add a first person camera I think that many would like that as well.  I just like looking at how awesome my character looks when doing stuff.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

I too personally like 3rd person/WASD controls because I'm one of those who gets easily motion sick when in FPS games.  But if the devs were to add a first person camera I think that many would like that as well.  I just like looking at how awesome my character looks when doing stuff.

While I am not a huge fps person either, I dislike Isometric in most games almost as much. There are a few exceptions, but I never really got into MOBAs because of the camera view. 3rd person has me super excited.

I have a question about over the shoulder view. Is it the view used in Resident Evil and Gears of war or it is the normal third person view used in other mmorpg?

I'm asking this because usually i have motion sickness when i try to play games in first person view and i'm not completely sure that this over the shoulder view will not give me problem. I really hope that they are speaking about the normal third person view used in many other MMORPG and not at something similar to that ots view used in shooting game

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

I have the same problem with first person view games but i'm not completely sure that they aren't speaking about the over the shoulder view used in game like Resident Evil and Gears of War, i fear that also that view can give motion sickness

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

I have the same problem with first persono view games but i'm not completely sure that they aren't speaking about the over the shoulder view used in agme like Resident Evil and Gears of War, i fear that also that view can give motion sickness

I think what you will see is the 3rd person view that is limited, by that I mean you probably won't be able to pan the camera view way out, like in WoW as an example.

I think thats what this will be anyway. Probably see the upper portion of your body maybe?

I like the WASD confirmation.

It would be nice if people were able to toggle between the view-mode though.

I prefer third person for melee but I prefer first person for ranged.

Edited by timetraveler

I think what you will see is the 3rd person view that is limited, by that I mean you probably won't be able to pan the camera view way out, like in WoW as an example.

I think thats what this will be anyway. Probably see the upper portion of your body maybe?

After reading the FAQ and checking the language they used I'm thinking it's going to be pretty standard for an MMO.  Maybe they'll limit how far the camera can zoom out but I still think you'll be able to see more than just your upper body.

What is the camera and control interface?

3d person (over the shoulder) mouse and keyboard controls.  In this particular area, we are similar to traditional MMOs.

The underlined emphasis is mine.  But I think it'll be more than something like Gears but less than a standard MMO.

Edited by talfryn

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

I have a question about over the shoulder view. Is it the view used in Resident Evil and Gears of war or it is the normal third person view used in other mmorpg?

I'm asking this because usually i have motion sickness when i try to play games in first person view and i'm not completely sure that this over the shoulder view will not give me problem. I really hope that they are speaking about the normal third person view used in many other MMORPG and not at something similare to thatt ots view used in shooting game

This is  an example of "Third Person Over the Shoulder". It's not SB third person, and it's not First Person. If it is like this I, I will be more than happy. I just don't want traditional third. This style would lend itself to active aiming as well.maxresdefault.jpg

I really hope it's similar to Neverwinter (the mmo) in terms of camera/controls.

IMO they nailed the controls for an "action-mmorpg." Far better then games like ESO or others where the camera is soooooooo close to your character and obstructs your view.

I hope it's not really close over-the-shoulder where you lose like the entire bottom left/right of your screen staring iat your characters backsaide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBggaoQyxnI

Heck they could just let us have hte ability to zoom in/out some, so if you want super-close "Resident evil" style OTS you can do it or a more zoomed out version where you can see better you can choose that too.

This is  an example of "Third Person Over the Shoulder". It's not SB third person, and it's not First Person. If it is like this I, I will be more than happy. I just don't want traditional third. This style would lend itself to active aiming as well.maxresdefault.jpg

^ ^This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't see how you could do this type of view and NOT have action combat/aiming. :blink:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

3rd over the shoulder severely limits your view, which could be bad in pvp or good depending on perspective. Someone can approach from behind and you'd have no clue.

I am hoping that we would be able to scroll out some

Edited by noobzilla_youtube

I am hoping that we would be able to scroll out some

Likewise, to this degree at most. A mildly restricted FOV to cause players to focus on situational awareness in PvP.

APB-Reloaded-7.jpg

Not the "CIA surveillance real-time-from-orbit-satellite-view" so common in MMOs these days. No thx. While FOV this massive is useful, it changes the feel and dynamic of combat too much, limiting the value of cover, concealment, and flanking in group combat.

gw061a.jpg

Edited by flex

b7xcsz.jpg

Honestly, at this point given it's obviously impossible for the combat to be my ideal preference (chivalry medieval warfare) I really hope it's my second best option, make it like SMITE. 

I also do hope that you can't zoom out far with the camera. It removes certain gameplay elements that are natural when your field of view is restricted. Hiding becomes much harder and sneaking up behind someone becomes impossible. 

Edited by unknownxv

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

This is  an example of "Third Person Over the Shoulder". It's not SB third person, and it's not First Person. If it is like this I, I will be more than happy. I just don't want traditional third. This style would lend itself to active aiming as well.

God I hope.

r8LB3.jpg

Edited by flex

b7xcsz.jpg

for a combat/PvP point of view great. But what about when it comes down to sieging? You can't survey a battlefield from that point of view.

Exactly, and I see that as a positive. Restriction of FOV makes it incumbent for a commander to need multiple scouts, communication, use of terrain etc instead just scrolling out 70 ft above your character to see behind castle walls and manage a battle from a bird's eye angle and negating the use of the previously mentioned assets to a large degree.

Edited by flex

b7xcsz.jpg