Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

3Rd Person (Over The Shoulder) Mouse And Keyboard Controls Confirmed

Please make sure  that you can zoom out to get a better perspective, that you'll have the option of mouse movement and inverted mouse.

ok-thats-just-gross.jpg

b7xcsz.jpg

I'm glad to hear about 3rd person, but I really hope this game has at least the OPTION for action combat controls. To me, that means mouse look and targeting reticle.

And ya, for goodness sakes, please have an inverted mouse option so the game will be playable for us weirdos. ;)

Thanks for pointing this out. The little interest I initially had in Crowfall is now completely gone.

With traditional MMO controls, I can't imagine the combat mechanics being anything interesting.

Still waiting for the game that builds on the combat mechanics laid out by Darkfall 1. Say what you will about Razorwax/Aventurine, but at least the original devs had the balls to actually try something different.

peace

Thanks for pointing this out. The little interest I initially had in Crowfall is now completely gone.

With traditional MMO controls, I can't imagine the combat mechanics being anything interesting.

Still waiting for the game that builds on the combat mechanics laid out by Darkfall 1. Say what you will about Razorwax/Aventurine, but at least the original devs had the balls to actually try something different.

peace

did I miss something?

peace

live long and prosper.

X6RBqg7.gif

peace

You do realize Darkfall made use of 3rd person camera and WASD to move as well, right?

This game probably will not be as twitchy as Darkfall because there won't be any 1st person option, but it could still be twitch combat. You don't need first person for twitch aiming.

I agree though that Darkfall's combat system was a breath of fresh air, and I'd like to see similar systems in future MMOs.

peace

Have I missed something?

Since when did 3rd person and w/s/a/d controls = tab-target/hotkey combat???

Plenty of action-rpgs have third person (INcluding Darkfall), NEverwinter,  Kingdoms of Amalur, heck just about ANY action game (Rune, Severance, etc).

How many dreams are going to be crushed when they drop that combat isn't going to be "twitchy" or action. :P

Its the next logical step.  MMO's wont change until combat plays like Quake without losing the other elements that make it an MMO like builds, gear, and character development in a fantasy setting.

How many dreams are going to be crushed when they drop that combat isn't going to be "twitchy" or action. :P

For all the mmorpgs out there and all the ones that have came and gone saying "They were going to be different" the main thing many people base that on is combat.

I know plenty of mmo players that are just tired of the same old tab-target, hotkey-rotation combat. It was ok when mmorpgs were new and the bandwidth was limited, but in this day and age many people want something tihat is simply more "fun" to play.

I hope they aren't going to just go with the tried and true mmo combat.

No one has really nailed action-combat in an mmorpg yet, Darkfall/Mortal online are a few that tried, most "action-mmorpgs" (IE Guild Wars, Tera, ESO) are not really full-action, they have one foot still holding them back with their sticky targetting and other non-action elements like cooldowns (that's what bloody mana/stamina should be for).

Its the next logical step.  MMO's wont change until combat plays like Quake without losing the other elements that make it an MMO like builds, gear, and character development in a fantasy setting.

Don't even tickle me with the idea of Quake-level skill in a MMORPG. *spooge* I'd live in that game world forever. But, unfortunately, that style just doesn't translate to vast open worlds. That skill, fast paced, insane twitch is bred for the ARENA! Open world would make it lose a lot of its luster. 

Edited by wormed

That sounds totally garbage. 

Dude we can agree on something!!

And yes, the control scheme has been announced; but I really don't know why anyone would think this would be an isometric style game. We're in 2015.

I think just about the entire community is waiting to see what the combat system is going to be like. Hoping for a free aim/twitch sytem.

Not to many from what i see. Most players around here seem like they are willing to at least try Crowfall despite it going against what they want/wish.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

I hope it's an action based combat system, those are so much more satisfying than tab-targeting. If my sword looks like it should hit multiple enemies but only hits the one I'm targeting? Lame.

Very happy with the 3rd Person camera (just hope I can rebind the WASD - being a leftie sucks for gaming) :P

I'm glad to hear about 3rd person, but I really hope this game has at least the OPTION for action combat controls. To me, that means mouse look and targeting reticle.

And ya, for goodness sakes, please have an inverted mouse option so the game will be playable for us weirdos. ;)

This wont work, if you give a switch between tab target and action people will use 99% of the time tab target so they wont never miss a shoot, this will make action combat useless.

Everyone should use the same combat from the start.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I hope it's an action based combat system, those are so much more satisfying than tab-targeting. If my sword looks like it should hit multiple enemies but only hits the one I'm targeting? Lame.

Very happy with the 3rd Person camera (just hope I can rebind the WASD - being a leftie sucks for gaming) :P

Yes, action combat with active blocking/parry is my preferred true skill combat system. Hate from the deep of my heart the old tab targeting with lock-on mechanic.

Having WASD is a good thing but it can't 100% exclude the tab targeting unfortunately. We can just hope and speculate. :|

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I like point to click

And a lot of people still do. This is why I kinda hope they can have the option of playing with both traditional mmo controls, and full action-mmo controls. Other games have done it, with varying success, so it can be done. Depending on how combat works in Crowfall, it may or may not be possible, but it's nice to think about.

But if they go with one only, I hope they go with action controls. I'm talking full on action - aiming reticle, active dodging/blocking, skill combos...the works. That's my preference, because I think it's more exciting. Traditional mmo controls are just boring to me. They are just not immersive enough...I don't feel like I'm actually fighting, but just watching someone else fighting and telling them what to do. Not good. :wacko:

I really hope they announce which it's going to be...and soon. This single piece of information will make or break the game for me.The sooner they tell us, the sooner I'll know whether I'll be playing or not.

Edited by supernautilus