Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ember - A Spiritual Successor to Firefall

Urahara

There is a petition available right now, where you can express your interest for an MMO game like Firefall how it was supposed to be, before things went down the wrong way.

Please sign the petition if you have interest to see Firefall how it was supposed to be, and even better with today's technology possibilities.

It doesnt cost anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saXgB1AzMjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkijP6Ckvo

Sign here

https://www.change.org/p/crixa-labs-make-ember-a-spiritual-successor-to-firefall

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I was a big fan of Firefall and actually played it competitively for the 1 season it had competition. We came in second behind Talespin (who is actually a top 10 Overwatch player now). The game would have been fine if the leadership didn't abandon it. The mineral gathering was like SWG meets tower defense meets Starcraft meets Tribes. I even liked the 1 Raid (I think they called it an Operation? Can't remember) they had in the game before they quit making stuff. I spent $100 on it and got an Akira bike and a Hat and a poster of the game. It could have been amazing...

All that being said, I don't think it should be remade. I think the game had a weak community even during its best days. I think the dev team had too many ideas and not enough money. The part that hurt the most was that like Crowfall the devs spent so much time interfacing with the community and they played the game with us and it got our hopes up...and then the company dissolved and all those friends we made were gone. People started playing Shootmania which is one of the dumbest pro games ever...almost as bad as Guitar Hero.

The time has just passed. Firefall should survive as a warning to future game companies not to be greedy.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

I think you have been burned and you are really really upset because you liked so much what you were seeing, but when it all went down the wrong way suddenly, it all was going under and shattered your great experience you had so far.

Now you are still so upset about what happened that you dont wanna give it another try, but if you fall down from your bicycle and get hurt, you can either never ride a bicycle again or give it another try again after your wounds have healed. Maybe your wounds didnt heal already and it still needs time, but I think to decide to never try to ride your bicycle again would be the wrong decision, because it can be so much joy and life quality. So dont give up and try to be a bit optimistic maybe.

Never riding your bicycle again would be very sad.

I still didnt give up my hope..., for Everquest Next and Firefall, or for Star Citizen and Crowfall, or this society of humans.

For me its that when I experienced Firefall I was thinking that this game has so much potential, but it just didnt use it right. It was really having potential to be unique and different, but in the end it was also just content to play through and then useless and senseless grind for nothing in the end of the game.

If there is a possibility that there will be a Firefall using its potential, I definitely wanna see this.