Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nintendo NX - Big Leak

Urahara

I'm not surprised. Handhelds and mobile gaming are hugely popular in Japan, and the 3DS makes tons of money for them there. I was forced to buy a 3DS some time ago, just because 90% of all Megami Tensei games are exclusive to that console. I guess Nintendo will just continue to focus on niche markets not covered by Sony/Microsoft. 

If this is what the Nintendo NX will be, then its not looking too good for Nintendo.

I don't know. I don't think there is a market for a 3rd console that brings nothing interesting to the table and what are basically 6-8 year old PC's. The only chance Nintendo has is to do something different. 

I could see this work. Stick your mobile handheld into your dock to play on a bigger screen with some extra power and upgraded graphics. The controllers that are normally attached to the handheld will now also function as a controller for the dock+handheld.

Besides, their games are a breath of fresh air most of the times if you compare this with the same crap the other consoles and the PC's are getting. Indies not included. I would love to be able to play Mario Maker on my PC.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Well, for on the go playing it needs to be convenient to take it with you, and also the battery needs to be powerful. I dont know how long you will be able to use this on the go, speculations are 4 hours.

But its defintely needed to sync somehow the two different, seperated consoles/platforms they are running, Wii U/stationary console and New 3DS/handheld, into one, because they dont got the resources to produce enough games for both systems at the same time, to justify the purchase of both consoles.

The Wii U clearly doesnt get enough games to justify the purchase of it.

Developing all games on/for only one single Nintendo platform/system is definitely what is needed.

But well, this doesnt still justify for me why you have to buy a console with which you cant do really much, if you got a much stronger computer environment already at your disposal, with your Desktop PC and your smartphone. Why just not produce games for open systems? Like everyone does today. The times of consoles are really over by now. There isnt any point in having consoles anymore. There wont be a PS 5 or new Xbox.

Thats the major problem in the room here. Its obsolete to have consoles today, Nobody wants or needs them anymore, times have changed. What you want is the game, not the console to be able to play it. If you want to have milk, you dont go and buy a cow.

So when they announced something revolutionary, I definitely expected much more. But this is just, yeah...

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

So when they announced something revolutionary, I definitely expected much more. But this is just, yeah...

So, what did you expect? A Nintendo PC?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

So, what did you expect? A Nintendo PC?

Hell I know?!

Something revolutionary is what I expected.

This clearly isnt revolutionary.

Maybe a stronger focus on the games and less focus on unnecessary gimmicks like the Wii U contoller, because its the quality of the game that matters actually, not the gimmicks you put around it.

Revolutionary games with revolutionary game designs. Something totally out of the box.

Combining real life with gaming. Like mentioned in one of the Extra Credits videos.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/12454-the-future-of-mmos/

Pokemon Go was much more revolutionary than this new Nintendo NX console.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

niches are

a good thing

my controversial opinion

i like laying in bed killing monstesrs in monder hunter generations with my bow and stuff so it is uhh

good

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I get N not wanting to make just another console like the other big 2 but I mean handheld/mobile things aren't exactly new or revolutionary either. Bottom line make your product and stand behind it but trying to sell anything nowadays as new and unique is just a bit much, IMO.