Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dark and Light

jakeman

"Of course, these races will be available for players to choose. They include humans, elves, beastmen, dwarves, fairies, demons, dragons and more."

And, presumably, a little dragon game play in the trailer (with flight).  I refuse to be hopeful, but I will be looking into it. Thanks for posting. 

EDIT:  It appears it may be a re-build of a failed 2006 MMO with the same/similar title. 

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Hahahahahahahaha!   I remember actually being excited for Dark and Light.  For its time, it was the hugest MMO world ever made.  The fact they let you travel anywhere seamlessly was unparalleled at the time.  I got invited to beta, but the game was a mess.  Their only "hook" was the size of the world and the exploration marketing of being able to go "to the highest mountain!" etc.

theres so many alarm bells with this article

so many lmbo

why would u even want to shill this flamign dumpster

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

This is actually a very promising one. I think this could really become great.

And Beta is starting in 2016.

I will take a very interested look at it.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Hahahahahahahaha!   I remember actually being excited for Dark and Light.  For its time, it was the hugest MMO world ever made.  The fact they let you travel anywhere seamlessly was unparalleled at the time.  I got invited to beta, but the game was a mess.  Their only "hook" was the size of the world and the exploration marketing of being able to go "to the highest mountain!" etc.

Sounds like No Man's Sky.

theres so many alarm bells with this article

so many lmbo

why would u even want to shill this flamign dumpster

Not more than with EverQuest Next or Chronicles of Elyria really.

Or what is your point?

I still want EverQuest Next, it is so much needed!

• 3 weeks later...

some more info

Not sure I trust snail games, they've got some real stinkers under their banner. Especially after decision making like this.

Edited by helix

some more info

Not sure I trust snail games, they've got some real stinkers under their banner. Especially after decision making like this.

Well if their game development departement is better than their old marketing departement, it shouldnt be an issue.

But really, paying a third class star to advertise your game, who got nothing to do, nor interest in/with gaming, is just so cheap and waste of money and time.

Lets face it, with MMOs being a dying genre, because almost no one got the courage to make/take the next step in the evolution of gaming, taking the risks to create the next generation of gaming, we dont have much room for being picky anymore.

There arent any upcoming MMOs in development in the established markets USA, Europe, Japan or Korea by big publishers.

Outside of the Indie projects, the MMO genre is dead in the established markets by established game developers.

Its like in general in society, or with politics, the established institutions are all solely for the money nowadays, and are full of wrong people with wrong mindsets.

So I very much welcome this game project from China.

Gaming is dead or at best dying, the only way to get ambitious games these days is through crowdfunding.

And Dark and Light looks pretty good and promising I have to say.

The worst that happened in gaming the last decade was that EverQuest Next got canceled. Because this would have been a 100% what was necessary to develop the genre or gaming in general further in its evolution to the next necessary stage.

A game of the scale like EverQuest Next or Star Cititzen is the only thing that can save gaming, or change its decline and still lingering image of being something for Nerds and such. But for all of this to change for the better the gaming industry would have to invest into innovative technology, but they arent, they are full of stupid fools who dont know the slightest bit about gaming, nor do they like games at all, and they think that the future of gaming is VR and mobile gaming. What they would ahve to do is investing in new technologies like in AI, but they arent. They dont care, because the people in the gaming industry are useless and know nothing about gaming. The developer company of the AI which Everquest Next was using tried to offer their technology to the gaming industry, so this important technology wont be lost for gaming, but do you think even one company showed any interest? And why didnt they show any interest? Because they are having an amazing AI all by theirselves? No, they dont got any bit of a worthy AI. The AI used in all games today is far behind the innovative, amazing AI used in other industries! So why is that so? Because the big game publishers simply dont care and dont want to invest money into gaming, they just want to make money, but not to invest into what makes them their money, this is a process od decline, which leads to exitus. And why is that happening or possible? Because the customers, so called gamers, simply dont care either and are happy with this decline, because they dont know any better. The gaming industry would have to be at the lead of innovative technologies like AI, because it is totally needed for their work/products, but they arent, they are years behind. And nobody cares, how is this even possible? You cant make a state of the art games with stuff you used the same already 10 years ago. Especially if you know that the people got enough of always the same stuff and want something new, because the market needs something new, because companys/people/humankind/civilization needs to be innovative. And if the gaming industry would be innovative and be consisting of interesting people and nice, caring companys, which are not having, but developing the most advanced technologies like AI, the whole image of the industry and people who play games would totally change. The gaming indsutry would be something worth to be engaged with, something interesting, not the cheap money grab the gaming industry is today.

Edited by Urahara

I am sure if they make things balanced and none advantaged "cash shop" -cough like some chinese games.. Dark and Light can be a good place to start looking towards future of mmorpg, 40x times bigger than "WoW" seems a lot of work, maybe this 40x times bigger will fill emptiness or filled with different mobs npcs or place holder of npcs till things get cash flow to it.

but if it will lead to another failure they might turn buy 2 play to free 2 play and that's where i am dropping my hands out from it.

I will be looking forward in Q4 2016 about the beta release of this game.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I am sure if they make things balanced and none advantaged "cash shop" -cough like some chinese games.. Dark and Light can be a good place to start looking towards future of mmorpg, 40x times bigger than "WoW" seems a lot of work, maybe this 40x times bigger will fill emptiness or filled with different mobs npcs or place holder of npcs till things get cash flow to it.

but if it will lead to another failure they might turn buy 2 play to free 2 play and that's where i am dropping my hands out from it.

I will be looking forward in Q4 2016 about the beta release of this game.

Unfortunately snail games isn't known for "balance" either in-game or when it comes to cash shop. Black gold online had one of the most aggressive cash shop / p2w models I've ever seen.

Unfortunately snail games isn't known for "balance" either in-game or when it comes to cash shop. Black gold online had one of the most aggressive cash shop / p2w models I've ever seen.

I will personally compare that during release to public, if it's something to p2w model, i won't support it obviously. 

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

The chinese will learn and change their mind and philosophy, as most of the western companys had to learn that recently first as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam Early Access is going to happen this fall.   :)

And the game will release actually this year, in 2016.    :D

Snail Games also confirmed today that not only is Dark and Light 2016 actually a thing that is still definitely happening, but an early access is going to be available sometime this fall. It’s being re-introduced as a sandbox MMO with survival mechanics.

Reality + Fantasy, a more immersive game world

As you know, Dark and Light has a grand game world with 40,000 square kilometers of land including volcanoes, snowy mountains, swamps, plains, forests and a large amount of unknown islands like floating island and Magical mountain, waiting for you to explore. And there are more than 50 types of creatures from air, land and sea. What's more, except from day and night cycle, a weather simulator is added into the game. Players now can experience all kinds of weather including frost, rain, snow and even solar eclipse.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/09/dark-and-light-early-access/

http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2016-09-08/dark_and_light_launched_official_site_and_unveiled_feature_detials.shtml

http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/dark-and-light-ndash-medieval-fantasy-sandbox-mmo-ndash-coming-soon-to-steam-early-access/0223913

http://www.playdnl.com/

Seems like now China is the leading market for creating AAA MMOs.    :)

Edited by Urahara

cinematic sucks for a reason, they show you good parts of environment but gameplay or some environment parts probably buggy or rushed out from the drill to have a <$60 game value selling the game to consumers who's liking game graphic over gameplay or some into improvement mechanics.

I would wait till early access gonna happen, i personally might buy it and be like i shot myself in the leg for trying the game, either way it's one way to see the experiences till "release / launch of a game".

We might go in same drill at some point of some game titles.

Edited by Mox

well all I can see (at this point) is just another "hey let's tease a few good shots" instead of showing any actual ingame footage. 

Again it looks incredible beautiful but right at this point - not really hooked. I looked into the old game concept and it has some promising things but still.... not hooked on it. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/11190/Professions-PvE-PvP-Servers-Tameable-Mounts-More.html

JS: We’re planning on hosting both PvP and PvE servers so players can choose whether or not they want to participate in open-world PvP. Players killed in the open world will drop all of their currently held items and equipment, and they’ll have to respawn in a preset spawn area if they aren’t revived by another player

Interesting....