Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anvh

Guilds, what are they good for?

Absolutely nothing?  ;)

Hello, have been looking around on the forums and website to see what role and functions player guilds will full fill or what objectives/goals they will have. So far I have not been very successful at finding information.

I know there was a Q/A talk that touched the subjects of guilds explaining that gathering guilds won't be effective and that there are alliances. This is all very interesting to know but I'm also more curious about the details within those guilds.

Your internal kingdom can be turned into a guild village but what about the guild during a campaign? If you take control over a keep or town do you then govern that town for example? Can you ask taxes ;)

Community, resource sharing, a rounded variety of archetypes and crafters. Reputations and Rivalry. 

Co-ordination to get things done. Defined hierarchy for decision making.

Playing with pick up groups is as effective and enjoyable as herding cats (while the cats are on fire).

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Not to mention one of the campaign rings is set for Guild vs Guild. 

But for those that have no interest in guilds, there's also the dregs, which to my understanding is a free for all of sorts.

And everything Tinnis said. :P

OS_Sig3.png

But for those that have no interest in guilds, there's also the dregs, which to my understanding is a free for all of sorts.

There will be guilds in the Dregs. The "free for all" part just means you are allowed to kill your own guild members.

IhhQKY6.gif

Not to mention one of the campaign rings is set for Guild vs Guild. 

And everything Tinnis said. :P

If you have no interest in guilds and play in the dregs you are going to have a very rough time IMO.  The outer bands will be better for people that don't want to join a guild, or play solo.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

If you have no interest in guilds and play in the dregs you are going to have a very rough time IMO.  The outer bands will be better for people that don't want to join a guild, or play solo.

Expecting a lot of cooperation between players here?

OS_Sig3.png

Players will always team up given the chance.  It only helps to increase your chances of winning. 

Only hardcore pvpers enjoy never using the numbers advantage to win.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

If you have no interest in guilds and you play Crowfall you're going to have a very rough time IMO.

My guild mates drive me nuts, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. Don't fight it on this one. Trust me.

Some of it is already said by tinnis.

The chance of getting resources like material, weapon, gear will be easier. Solo player have severe lack in what can be done when facing a group of players, though being together can also consume more resources.

Also, it's extremely vital when venturing to unknown territory I say. Like when this game started, there would be not much guide yet in the web.

Having a guild of let's say 30 active skilled people is the same as having 30 source of information directly, helping each other.

Others advantage would be like steady supply of gear, higher material that can be farm, way higher survival chance, chance to win campaign and bring home the special win reward.

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

Expecting a lot of cooperation between players here?

By "here" I'm not entirely sure which end of the spectrum you are referring to, or do you mean Crowfall in general?  I am expecting to see lots of cooperation on both ends though.  Whether it be out of necessity to protect your assets or because you are thrown in to a team and working towards the same goal as other people who were also thrown on to the same team.

Cooperation and Guilds are pretty much what the game is being built around.  If you are not interested in one or the other there will be world bands that better suit the person's play style IMO. I see the outer bands as being the place for those people that either don't have the time or can not commit to a guild.  The inner bands being for those that want to play in an organized fashion and have people to play with.  I still see only having 5 or 10 people playing in the inner bands as having issues holding any sort of assets and the potential for winning a campaign will pretty much be nonexistent. 

I could be dead wrong, i just calls it like i sees it.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Thank you all for your feed back.

Playing together is always better then alone, fully agreed there.

What I meant more was guild "features" for the lack of a better word.

Parts in the game only accessible with a big group of people.

From what I understand you can for example take control of a keep, is there any benefit to that?

Maybe some can think of more examples?

There doesn't seem to be much details out for the game economics and politics, which are things to be worked out in the future but it would be interesting to know a little more to see where to are going with it.

Edited by Anvh

Thank you all for your feed back.

Playing together is always better then alone, fully agreed there.

What I meant more was guild "features" for the lack of a better word.

Parts in the game only accessible with a big group of people.

From what I understand you can for example take control of a keep, is there any benefit to that?

Maybe some can think of more examples?

There doesn't seem to be much details out for the game economics and politics, which are things to be worked out in the future but it would be interesting to know a little more to see where to are going with it.

What can a guild do that a player alone can't do? The best way to answer this is with an absurdity: nothing and everything.

I doubt any mechanic will keep you from - singularly - doing anything 100 dudes could do in CF.

I just don't think you're good enough to pull that off. In fact, I'm positive you're not. The mechanics will ensure that out of necessity and the devs will call it "balance." And they'll mostly be right.

But the truth is that you'd hate this game if you could do what it is designed to require a guild to do. You'd be bored immediately because you'd essentially have /GodMode activated. The disparity is what drives games like this. The NFL is similar. Why is it basically it's own nation now? Because of the disparity between the teams. Dynasties are damn near a thing of the past and even when one springs up the rules (mechanics) the league has put in place allow for an upstart to come along and knock the king from their throne any given Sunday. They truly got it right. Crowfall will too merely because the servers reset.

If this (really crappy, to be frank) testing population were the CF world at live, assume -W- and Sugoi grouped up and walked over the first testing CW they are planning soon(ish)?  FYI, that would probably be the result if that happened tomorrow. What do you think CAL and Destrin/Dreadin/Hyriol/Soulein (what the hell do we call you guys?) and the pugs would do for the next CW? They'd form either an alliance or a MEGAZERGMEGAZERGMEGAZERG and push back - very likely pushing our collective poorly made socks in.

That's the beauty of this design in my mind. Constantly changing alliances, dynamic politics, real asset destruction, salty tears and the ability to be a far better spider than Varys ever could be. That and the reality that hope springs eternal. Most players will come back - even if they lose.

Edited by coolwaters

I would like devs to answer us this question. We don't know whether guild bungle is worth of getting. I prefer to know more before I establish / or join one.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

If guild and man mean everything then that would mean the biggest guild will always or mostly win. I assume that there are mechanics in the game to somewhat balance things out give different goals which can be harder or easier to archive relative to your guild size?

Like if your guild is smallish could you make good progress by trading and crafting rather then warfare?

Edited by Anvh

If guild and man mean everything then that would mean the biggest guild will always or mostly win. I assume that there are mechanics in the game to somewhat balance things out give different goals which can be harder or easier to archive relative to your guild size?

Like if your guild is smallish could you make good progress by trading and crafting rather then warfare?

There's eternal kingdom for guild, while eternal kingdom will cost some tax for the lands and building.

Now the thing here is that there's a 'core building' that determine the player amount that can be inside the kingdom, at the same time... the tax amount should be larger and it will means that [having larger amount of member will require better economy].

I think that only this would matter. Else, if there's a really big guild... other guild would need to ally up and form a alliance?

There's matter of dividing task and stuff also, so bigger might also mean higher responsibilities for the higher one.

Else, it's just (Quality vs Quantity) matter

[Note : Please correct me if what I said is wrong or 'undetermined' yet by ACE.]

Answer to the question = That would be a crafting guild then, it's possible. Crafting is intended to be a role to keep economy running, since the weapon can broke overtime or stolen. Spare equipment would be needed.

My prediction is that in campaign that won't allow you to bring any equipment, crafter would be a large existence to get a decent gear and went ahead of everyone else in term of strength. [There's limit of skill alone without any gear]

Edited by CytheS

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

It would be very interesting to see how it will all work and fall together.

Since we haven't seen much gameplay outside of the combat for now.

They did say in one of the videos that the winners of the campaign can setup rules for the next campaign. Who and what determent who will be the winner is still open though. But i hope they have mechanics in mind to equilize things and reward quality so to say ^^