Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yon

Autorun hotkey

terrible games don't have autorun.

so maybe there shouldn't be one here.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say. Terrible games DON'T have autorun, therefor Crowfall SHOULDN'T have one? ..  :mellow:

Disregarding the fact that a lot of (great) games have a hotkey for autorunning forward nowadays and almost all populair MMO's have a hotkey for it.

I for one don't want to stand still every time I press ''Alt'' to click on something in my interface. 

Edited by Grimulf

Also a +1 I brought this up a while ago during a test but I think Tyrant was against it. I'm still 100% for this idea and think it needs to be implemented.

Who in their right mind would be against this? Especially if campaign worlds are going to be as big as they say.

No reason (other than my sarcasm) to be against an autorun. Sure, someone can hop in a campaign and press caps lock and take off running. But this is open world pvp. They can run into mobs or other players on auto run all they want.

Surprised the run key isn't F12 since Blair apparently has long fingers.

Edited by headlight

If they implement it, just make sure that it does not count for the user not being AFK.  A couple of MMOs initially made that mistake where users would just autorun into a wall to avoid being kicked out for inactivity. 

if someone's able to autorun into a corner for 8 hours, then the player base is so inactive it shouldn't matter. that dude should be killed.

Maybe so, however, I remember in ArcheAge, it was against the rules to avoid the AFK kickout timer.  The game mechanics rewarded online players through increased labor generation.  People would find secluded areas to AFK run to avoid people seeing them.  For example, if the player AFK runs in their EK, how do you kill them?   

Maybe so, however, I remember in ArcheAge, it was against the rules to avoid the AFK kickout timer.  The game mechanics rewarded online players through increased labor generation.  People would find secluded areas to AFK run to avoid people seeing them.  For example, if the player AFK runs in their EK, how do you kill them?   

Where is he running to? I'm not aware of any game mechanics that you could macro while running that really makes a crap. I could care less if someone /dance'd the whole time in their EK. Doesn't affect me and if it doesn't affect server performance, no one should.

"This one time in ArcheAge"

There's no afk timer here. Don't need a band camp story to keep us from getting autorun.

headlight is right

we need to conserve the minimal amount of calories possible from fingers moving on the keyboard so autorun is a good thing imo

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Autorun shouldn't exist, let's put the thinking back into games and get rid of the automation. 

I think crowfall should be a game where people make active decisions and it shouldn't cater to convenience.  I mean it already has in so many ways, do it in too many ways and you have a really shallow experience. 

I think if people have a problem pressing forward in video games while they are playing, they shouldn't be logged in.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Also a +1 I brought this up a while ago during a test but I think Tyrant was against it. I'm still 100% for this idea and think it needs to be implemented.

Good lord, why?

I'll do one better. Not just autorun, but how about being able to open a window (inventory, training, name it) and still be able to move your character? I know this can be done because most games have it. So frustrating with the "alt" thing.