Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Murder of Crows: Todd Coleman, Pt. 1 - Official discussion thread

Pann

That was very interesting. I work at a company my parents started 20+ years ago and have pretty much worked there since I was 8 years old in different capacities so I can somewhat relate to the story. I also have a business management degree and kind of wish I did something more technical in nature but like you said, I guess it sort of helps? 

What games did you play leading up to creating Shadowbane (other than the text based MUD's) that inspired you to create Shadowbane?

I still have lots of fond memories of Shadowbane. Except for sb.exe. 

Ubisoft bought Wolfpack, right? Did you make out okay with that deal?

I played Shadowbane off and on for years. The biggest thing that caused people to quit in that game was when their city got destroyed or captured or whatever and they gave up. I think the campaign / eternal kindgom idea that this game has is the single greatest revelation I've heard in gaming in a long time as it will solve the issue of people quitting when they start losing but still allow for the persistence of a MMORPG. 

Just gotta get all the other stuff right and I could see this being the game I can play for years and year to come. Haven't had a game I've stuck with like that since Darkfall. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Seems the founders get two parts instead of one!  ;)

Serious though, I already heard Todd tell this story once before, but I was still glued to my seat while he was telling his story. Love these Murder of Crow videos! 

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Great Story,

As an entrepreneur and Ex SB Beta tester- Player I can't wait for Part 2 :)

Indeed, also looking forward to the SB tale as it intersects many of our gaming histories. (I also played Wiz101 for a bit with my son but it left fewer impressions/scars than SB :blink: .)

rSHxVEY.gif

Really great video all around! I loved hearing all the back story and thoroughly enjoyed the editing that threw in the splashes of humor. Loved all the pics of widdle Todd too. :D

I can't brag enough on Gibson. He's an absolute artist when it comes to editing. 

I can't brag enough on Gibson. He's an absolute artist when it comes to editing.

Agreed every games company should have a resident video editing guy!

Looking for a casual guild ...

• 3 weeks later...

That hardware upgrade service is still probably a viable business niche.

pretty mutch any indipendent IT costumer service does that. But most of them are overpiced or down right scam people. At least here in germany.

On topic well done part 1 and im eager for part 2. I wanna hear about shadowbane from the man himself.

Edited by Xenotor

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...