Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for August - Official discussion thread

Pann

I really liked this Q&A, lots of good technical answers for newer game play mechanics; specifically answers on the vessel and embargo.

Interesting info on the POI "capture" mechanic for resource spawners.  So they aren't really something you fight over and then capture, rather you can try and control the area so you get the goods each tick something spawns.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

Interesting info on the POI "capture" mechanic for resource spawners.  So they aren't really something you fight over and then capture, rather you can try and control the area so you get the goods each tick something spawns.

What I hope for is that you can't craft any important item "in the wild", so... I can just wander around the POI and try to rob all the guys who waited for the resource and trying to get it back home for crafting/trading ;)

So a big alliance/guild has to secure a way to get the resources from the POI back to "the town", making supply-logistic more interesting as strategy is needed.

I like the mine system.  Ninja looting :)!

Carrieng a huge block of stone on your donkey on the way back isn't exactly ninja ;)

Edited by RevanM

I really hope that they don't let people import multiple times during the duration of a dregs campaign.

I think it all depends on the length of the campaign, and also on when newer players can join a campaign.  If newer players can enter into a campaign that has been going for 6 months already, then I feel they should be allowed to enter with a minimal embargo (i.e. 1 extra vessel or 1 weapon etc.).  If the dregs takes 1 year then I think 3 to 4 embargo windows is fine.  If however the dregs are over after 4 months, then maybe 1 midpoint embargo window is fine, along with the win condition embargo.

The other aspect of embargo windows that can be used is having players embargo in vanity items only.  Vanity items would not alter the course of the campaign, but would still allow for high tiered goods to be moved into all campaigns; as long as those vanity items did use high tiered goods and also had a durability.

lUvvzPy.png

I think it all depends on the length of the campaign, and also on when newer players can join a campaign.  If newer players can enter into a campaign that has been going for 6 months already, then I feel they should be allowed to enter with a minimal embargo (i.e. 1 extra vessel or 1 weapon etc.).  If the dregs takes 1 year then I think 3 to 4 embargo windows is fine.  If however the dregs are over after 4 months, then maybe 1 midpoint embargo window is fine, along with the win condition embargo.

The other aspect of embargo windows that can be used is having players embargo in vanity items only.  Vanity items would not alter the course of the campaign, but would still allow for high tiered goods to be moved into all campaigns; as long as those vanity items did use high tiered goods and also had a durability.

Campaigns already give you a feeling of impermanence, why do we need to keep chopping them down further and further and making them less and less punishing?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I really hope that they don't let people import multiple times during the duration of a dregs campaign.

Let those carebears bring in more phat lewts every qtr, plox.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Random thoughts:

So upon death you spawn as a "crow" in the graveyard sans body.

What can you do as a crow? Just movement? Can anyone see you? (I.e. Try to follow your path and steal your gear/body).

If you choose to re-enter your vessle? How is your health? Your essence? Etc? (How easy of a target are you going to be?)

~Calamity

On the Graveyards and respawning: Are Graveyards able to be captured, like strongholds and cities, or are they vessel spawners like mines and mills? If they're not able to be captured, what would happen if my enemy and I died near the same Graveyard; would we both respawn at that graveyard?

If Graveyards are able to be captured and I don't have a graveyard captured, how/where would I respawn?  

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On the Graveyards and respawning: Are Graveyards able to be captured, like strongholds and cities, or are they vessel spawners like mines and mills? If they're not able to be captured, what would happen if my enemy and I died near the same Graveyard; would we both respawn at that graveyard?

If Graveyards are able to be captured and I don't have a graveyard captured, how would I respawn?  

good question.

also a question to add:

will players always have a selection of 'basic' vessels of each class to spawn into without having to have in inventory? or at the start of a world if you want to switch between archetypes on the fly.

or do we only get one at start of campaign (even without importing) and then having to find or buy alternative archetype vessels

Yeah love the POI setup. Though maybe I heard wrong before but I thought they said we could build structures around POIs, even in the absence of a capture mechanic.

Think these will be great at generating PvP at all times of the day especially in off peak times.

Also glad to get more vessel info, more info hopefully quells some of the concerns people have with them.

Blueprint feature, agree don't think its really needed. Likely within the first few Weeks and Months players will have posted screens of their keep and castle layouts so players can copy or improve what others have done and have sites dedicated to showing them off.

Edited by pang

Good job on the housing access.  I also think it is very positive they are considering a handicapping system (which some of us anticipated would be necessary and likely), "because we ant to keep the fights interesting and fun up until the end."  Finally, I also like the natural way that they are handling the POI.  Good stuff here! 

As far as the vessel retrieval question is concerned, all I can say is that I hope they don't make the system too fiddly. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Yup all solid answers here. I think the respawn mechanics are too early in development to really nitpick on it and the vessel implications. This system really needs to get flushed out soon so we can take it apart opinion wise.