Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziz

Who likes the combat, why?

He has much more experience than you related to online gaming and large scale combat both from Darkfall & SB.

Terra combat was horrible I played like 2 hours and uninstalled the game, and Terra doesn`t define anything related to large scale combat.

And yes I play FPS games as well like BF4, or Dayz which is very limited with amount of players participating due to internet lag. 

Nope, he doesn't.  Sorry...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It`s not a fps game.

Well if they don't speed up the combat and make it more mobile it's going to be a failed game, so hopefully they take the necessary steps to make the game successful.

Nope, he doesn't.  Sorry...

You are just in denial like in high school - that`s how you debate and communicate with others..

I know Coolwaters in the old days since 2004, but I don`t know your background - so in my view he has more experience for sure.

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

You are just in denial like in high school - that`s how you debate and communicate with others..

I know Coolwaters in the old days since 2004, but I don`t know your background - so in my view he has more experience for sure.

Oh, to me 2004 aren't really the old days of mmorpgs.   That's like only a year before WoW came out!  Coolwaters has already shared his views on many things, I think it's pretty obvious what his "experience" is.

I`ve feeling, VN, that you use an alt. account when u posting, but feel free to send me a msg.

Lol

Internet was really bad back in the days of (2000-2004) even when WoW came out.. And I was busy playing with Warmonger in the LoD guild at the time in 2004. We took Holrom`s cities from KGB & EB, hehe. I remember the large battles like it was yesterday. :lol:  

Anyway, I didnt had time to test out Druid nor Ranger yet here, but it felt too clunky, slow, including lag before christmas - so for me it was obviously way too early pre. alpha test anything related to Crowfall and that`s a honest opinion. So here I am 18th of August 2016, I`m still positive about the game.

However *internet` issues in large scale combat is important to think about, ACE while developing the combat system.

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Internet was really bad back in the days of (2000-2004) even when WoW came out.. And I was busy playing with Warmonger in the LoD guild at the time in 2004. We took Holrom`s cities from KGB & EB, hehe. I remember the large battles like it was yesterday. :lol:  

Anyway, I didnt had time to test out Druid nor Ranger yet here, but it felt too clunky, slow, including lag before christmas - so for me it was obviously way too early pre. alpha test anything related to Crowfall and that`s a honest opinion. So here I am 18th of August 2016, I`m still positive about the game.

However *internet` issues in large scale combat is important to think about, ACE while developing the combat system.

Oh, my guild destroyed LoD in beta so I don't really know about all that jazz...

Internet for me wasn't really bad back then though, cable internet was great. 

Yes, I guess no one cares about your `guild` in SB beta with exceptions, and when someone asked you about that particular question some days ago - you refuse to answ. why is that?

Did you play WoW in 2004 is that your background?

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

I would like to inform some of the inexperienced people that there is no such thing as winning beta. Likewise there is no such thing as winning Alpha. There is nothing to win. Bragging about guild accomplishments in alpha or beta only exposes your own desperation. This is generally laughed at and ridiculed by any clan/guild/corporation of any consequence.

Yeah, no one cares about your `guild` in SB beta - when someone asked you about that particular question some days ago - you refuse to answ. why is that?

Did you play WoW in 2004 is that your background?

Well people can choose to care or not but they still got destroyed.

I would like to inform some of the inexperienced people that there is no such thing as winning beta. Likewise there is no such thing as winning Alpha. There is nothing to win. Bragging about guild accomplishments in alpha or beta only exposes your own desperation. This is generally laughed at and ridiculed by any clan/guild/corporation of any consequence.

This isn't quite accurate as far as how testing used to go... since beta was actually better than launch in regards to shadowbane.  Much more stable, much less lag.  Hell even JTC says people that played the beta caught a glimpse of what SB could have been.  Made no mention of people that played after launch.

Also in regards to this specific context, the only reason LoD didn't get destroyed post-launch, is because they ran and hid on another server.

I think it's just important to understand that crowfall should strive to be at least as good as the combat in modern games, it has a ways to go to get there.

It's also good to understand that people who don't have a lot of experience with combat in modern games, probably aren't going to make the best suggestions for combat.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

My other point it`s not hard to create a huge zerg. alliance, VN. I`ve feeling that several large zerg guilds did exactly that -

it`s like Goon Swarm in EvE online. We had *10 more players, or another continent like CN & China cooperated in Shadowbane when Ubisoft closed their server - so they won by the number game on the EU server when they arrived. 

That`s silly and it require 0 in-game skills, but you see such large unities in every online game.

Angry Joe`s Army who had 1k + players within the same unity and claimed victory.. :)

I really doubt Joe cares about it to be honest, but it`s a strategy some guilds have been using in the past. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

My other point it`s not hard to create a huge zerg. alliance, VN. I`ve feeling that several large zerg guilds did exactly that -

it`s like Goon Swarm in EvE online. We had *10 more players, or another continent like CN & China, so we won by default arguement.

That`s silly and it require 0 in-game skills, but you see such large unities in every online game.

Angry Joe`s Army who had 1k + players within the same unity and claimed victory.. :)

Oh, well my guild was winning 10vs150s in shadowbane. 

I`m certain that u are alt. account posting, VN. only a few people that I am aware of in the past would claim that 10 vs. the world scenario.

Although, I know it was a huge difference related to skill set in Shadowbane in PvP small or large scale battles even with or without healing bots. 

I played with some good quality guilds in the past who did the same thing (1-2) full groups - who took out easy (5-6) full groups of Dragonscale back in the days for instance.

And there were some guilds in Shadowbane who mass recruited for sure - so the quality at the time was really below average skill set. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Oh, well my guild was winning 10vs150s in shadowbane. 

I briefly played SB as DAoC was a lot more enjoyable at the time so never experienced much in the way of large battles, could you explain how this was possible?

Every once in a while I revisit old videos of games and each time I watch something for SB I laugh how people talk about it. The forumbane stuff makes a lot of sense considering what the game entailed.

The number of things that had to be wrong with the game and or the people playing for 10 vs 150 to be a thing speaks volumes. I assume some OP individual/group builds had something to do with it. How 150 people could click move themselves into a position for 10 to wipe them out baffles me.

Maybe that's where they are trying to go with this game? Mix of SB and DCUO combat?

I briefly played SB as DAoC was a lot more enjoyable at the time so never experienced much in the way of large battles, could you explain how this was possible?

Every once in a while I revisit old videos of games and each time I watch something for SB I laugh how people talk about it. The forumbane stuff makes a lot of sense considering what the game entailed.

The number of things that had to be wrong with the game and or the people playing for 10 vs 150 to be a thing speaks volumes. I assume some OP individual/group builds had something to do with it. How 150 people could click move themselves into a position for 10 to wipe them out baffles me.

Maybe that's where they are trying to go with this game? Mix of SB and DCUO combat?

Better coordination, better builds, papa john's.