Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maybach

Be Fair. Don't Make The Game Races 'male-Centric'.

Some guys just want to have their sausage fest, lol.  But yeah, plenty of female gamers out there!  Three of my lady friends are more skilled hardcore gamers than me, and I'm no schlub... well compared to them I am I guess.

Also, I have no problem playing female characters.  My ratio in RPGs is pretty much 50/50, except in Mass Effect, because Femshep is way more badass than BroShep.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Some guys just want to have their sausage fest, lol.  But yeah, plenty of female gamers out there!  Three of my lady friends are more skilled hardcore gamers than me, and I'm no schlub... well compared to them I am I guess.

Also, I have no problem playing female characters.  My ratio in RPGs is pretty much 50/50, except in Mass Effect, because Femshep is way more badass than BroShep.

In Darkfall, active players on EU and NA were probably 98% or 99% male. It certainly would be nice to have a more even mix. Even 10% female would be a breath of fresh air.

In Darkfall, active players on EU and NA were probably 98% or 99% male. It certainly would be nice to have a more even mix. Even 10% female would be a breath of fresh air.

As long as players don't take smack talk to mean it's okay to attack the gender of the other player.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I tend to play male characters more than female and everyone has their preference.  Many of the gamers I usually run with play female because they would rather look at a female's bum than a male's.  

Plus think of how hard it would be to procreate for that species (unless they have figured out science babies) lol.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

Honestly this is a good point. Even if they're basing it on the dominant demographic it Should still be considered.

Actually, lady gamers are the most rapidly growing demographic of gamers. 

More lady archetypes, plz. Especially, I wanna be a centauress: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur_Aisle

Precedent: http://www.theoi.com/Georgikos/Kentaurides.html

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

So you're saying female gamers will choose their race and class based on the gender? That's dumb.

I feel that's really stretching what the OP was aiming for.

Everyone has their way of choosing their characters and some (/le gasp) like to identify with their own gender, a gender they wish they could, the opposite gender, etc.  Some will only want to go the pure stat route (male and female) because they will want to get the best min/maxing possible.  I personally will choose depending on what I like both mechanically and aesthetically.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

MMORPG - many men online role playing girls.

I agree with the OP.  I roll female characters so please give me some choice.  If you want to restrict a race to one gender than make sure the role that race has advantages for has another race that gets to play that role too.

For example, if the only heavy armor/power melee race is a male centaur then I am forced to play a male character if I want to a heavy armor power melee character. Rather than force that choice please have a heavy armor/power melee female of some kind.

Because truthfully, as much as I love all you manly men - I don't want to play a male toon.  It would be - well - just no. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

So you're saying female gamers will choose their race and class based on the gender? That's dumb.

This female gamer would prefer to roll without sausage. Yeah, I'll choose a character first based in gender and then go from there. Manly isn't in my repertoire. 

I disagree that it's dumb to prefer to play in one's comfort zone on the gender spectrum. I'm sure there are many lady gamers who play along more masculine lines, as well as male gamers who prefer feminine personas in-game. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

If you decide that dwarves are male only, then consider making centaurs female only.  

Women play pvp too.

So much this, it is pretty obvious that the devs are teaming up with fox news and republicans to join in on the war on women.  Disgusting.

JK

This cracks me up...

As a male, i often make a female avatar because WTF do i want to stare at a male for all night?

I guess it doesnt go both ways.

Also in SB females were smaller and appeared to move faster (those little elf legs ran fast)

I have no prob with gender restricted races and they probably have a good reason for them(lore ya know?)  

X6RBqg7.gif

This female gamer would prefer to roll without sausage. Yeah, I'll choose a character first based in gender and then go from there. Manly isn't in my repertoire. 

I disagree that it's dumb to prefer to play in one's comfort zone on the gender spectrum. I'm sure there are many lady gamers who play along more masculine lines, as well as male gamers who prefer feminine personas in-game. 

^This, I found his comment very close-minded. People have all sorts of reasons for picking what they pick, to call someones reasoning dumb is immature.

A lot of people in the world think gaming is dumb and a waste of time.

Does that mean we all should live by their standards? Hell no.

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...