Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maybach

Be Fair. Don't Make The Game Races 'male-Centric'.

Well if we were being fair to history and reality there wouldn't be any female combatants at all.

But who cares about that? This is a fantasy setting, anything goes.

Why gender lock any archetypes at all? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Scambug

I think it's a little early to be assuming that this is going to be completely male centered.  They released one race, that technically isn't male or female, that they aren't willing to change.  They already announced they would do female centaurs if they community wanted that. I just don't see what the big deal is, if the archetype that suits my play style the most happens to be female only, you won't see me complaining about it.  

You're undervaluing yourselves here ladies, female gamers are worshipped by their male counterparts, without you, most of these guys wouldn't get have any interactions with the opposite sex.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ensef

You're undervaluing yourselves here ladies, female gamers are worshipped by their male counterparts, without you, most of these guys wouldn't get have any interactions with the opposite sex.  :rolleyes:

I hope you're joking...

LOL

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Female characters, Male characters...ya'll PETTY. As long as im A GOD DAMN DWARF then im happy with it. If it was a female only dwarf then i'd be a god damn female dwarf and still smack people around.

[Personal Opinion]

This is why girl gamers get so much hate and "Kitchen" comments. As a whole female gamers are exactly the same as male gamers. Classes arent made male-centric or female-centric they are designed to fit a specific lore and nothing else. Everyone knows females PvP and play video games too. But comments like this shoving it in everyone's fce and complaining about a game with only two revealed classes is insane.

I hope that's a joke.

forgive me, sarcasm doesnt travel well through the internet. But reading through the topic kinda reminds me of the south park episode of transgenders.

Personally, I feel like it shouldnt make a difference, considering you're playing as a character and not actually being the character yourself. But I'm white and male so what do I know  -_-

But to be honest, I think we should lock genders to our IRL genders as well, cus i'm sick of hitting on chicks in game to figure out they are actually dudes. QQ

Plus then I dont have to walk on eggshells with what I say, I could figure out who is going to be offended at the things I say.

But to be honest, I think we should lock genders to our IRL genders as well, cus i'm sick of hitting on chicks in game to figure out they are actually dudes. QQ

Plus then I dont have to walk on eggshells with what I say, I could figure out who is going to be offended at the things I say.

Yeah, we should also be required to show a form of government ID. That will get rid of 90% of bots, plus we get genderlocked to our real gender.

This isn't sarcasm, I'm serious  :)

Yeah, we should also be required to show a form of government ID. That will get rid of 90% of bots, plus we get genderlocked to our real gender.

This isn't sarcasm, I'm serious  :)

Pft, anyone could forget government ID, just look at the young kids these days getting into them here clubs and what not. Hooligans I tells ya! Instead we should do it based on social security number, and make it public too because secrets don't make friends.

But people should be able to update their gender when it changes, with proof of course.

I'm glad that we are both being serious here, the internet has no time for games. :D  

Pft, anyone could forget government ID, just look at the young kids these days getting into them here clubs and what not. Hooligans I tells ya! Instead we should do it based on social security number, and make it public too because secrets don't make friends.

But people should be able to update their gender when it changes, with proof of course.

I'm glad that we are both being serious here, the internet has no time for games. :D  

Korea actually does requires SSN for a lot of their games, and since it started being required, they've cut down a lot on bots, since once they get banned it's extremely difficult to fake their SSN. On the other hand, I have no idea about requiring players to play their real gender.

Female characters, Male characters...ya'll PETTY. As long as im A GOD DAMN DWARF then im happy with it. If it was a female only dwarf then i'd be a god damn female dwarf and still smack people around.

And ya'll are close-minded. :rolleyes:

Edited by vVe

Why is it so hard to understand that someone wants something different than you?

I could make a thread, talking about how I dislike the shape of a models head and would like it to be changed, and I would be 100% valid in that statement. Because its what stated that I want. Not what you want.

The game is still being developed, thus everyone's input/guesses is/are equally as valid.

You people try acting like someone cant voice what they would like in a still developing game forum. >.>

Edited by vVe

Why is it so hard to understand that someone wants something different than you?

I could make a thread, talking about how I dislike the shape of a models head and would like it to be changed, and I would be 100% valid in that statement. Because its what stated that I want. Not what you want.

The game is still being developed, thus everyone's input/guesses is/are equally as valid.

You people try acting like someone cant voice what they would like in a still developing game forum. >.>

Point made.  This game is still under development.  Ideas are put forth so that issues can be debated.  By doing this, we're doing some of the devs work for them. 

Can you imagine trying to find a needle in a haystack and having the choice of one or two folks looking for it or a whole forum of folks?

That's why we're here.  Present your ideas and let the forum pick them apart. 

After a good debate, a general 'feel' for the idea emerges, the idea is refined, made better by the conversation.

Let the ideas come!  We'll have a better game for it.

Point made.  This game is still under development.  Ideas are put forth so that issues can be debated.  By doing this, we're doing some of the devs work for them. 

Can you imagine trying to find a needle in a haystack and having the choice of one or two folks looking for it or a whole forum of folks?

That's why we're here.  Present your ideas and let the forum pick them apart. 

After a good debate, a general 'feel' for the idea emerges, the idea is refined, made better by the conversation.

Let the ideas come!  We'll have a better game for it.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be debate.  <_<

However, there's a difference between debating an idea and trying to shut one completely down.  -_-