Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conan Exile

mythx

Conan Exile is on early access January 2017 on steam. 

The graphic does not look gr8 since we are in 2016.. However open world PvP and if they somehow manage to get the Conan universe alive - it sounds like a challenge and fun to participate if they have nailed out important aspects like combat.

IGN: First: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLJZw0DGI4

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

• 3 months later...

I will most likely check it out, im a sucker for open world and pvp

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, @VN, a relative new Conan Exiles trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wr3C2wpSo

It`s out 31 st. of January 2017 for pc on Steam.  I`m done with Crowfall until I can participate in a campaign and play the game.

And I hope to see some old Shadowbane guilds in Conan Exile with open world PvP and survivial in focus and probably guild conflicts in that world as well! :)

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Yes, @VN, a relative new Conan Exiles trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wr3C2wpSo

It`s out 31 st. of January 2017 for pc on Steam.  I`m done with Crowfall until I can participate in a campaign and play the game.

And I hope to see some old Shadowbane guilds in Conan Exile with open world PvP and survivial in focus and probably guild conflicts in that world as well! :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is only going into early access 

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I was excited until I saw that it's model is going to be like Rust or ARK. If it was truly "Open World" that would be one thing. But with very limited pop on "individual"  servers...meh.

Steam & Game stats: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=norwegian

Ark & Rust have like 110.000 players daily who are playing it based on steam stats with peaks - so I`m not worried about lack of large scale world or combat events in Conan Exiles. 

It`s an unique game with small scale open world pvp events aiming for 70/70 player limit servers wtih Conan lore, but the game looks really exciting and fun. The game is not designed the world like Darkfall with issues related to internet limits - even CF will limit their campaign servers. 

If you played Darkfall in the beginning related to lag issues - you know what I am talking about, because I played the game early beta and start up, and with today tech related to internet - there are limits how large battles you can get even in Crowfall. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

I am gonna look at this and Dark and Light. Lets see which one is more fun.

Also maybe Escape from Tarkov, when its on Steam or Gog.com.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Trailer looks absolutely amazing. But the combat looks kinda meh, like vanilla Skyrim. Suicide Squad taught me to not believe in trailers.  :P

Also it bothers me a bit how Funcom has a small team, but splits their time between 4 titles, which means none of them get the appropriate support and updates. The Secret World was probably the most interesting PVE MMO I ever played, but it suffered a lot from this in the long run. 

Yeah, perhaps AoC is very old though so I doubt they`ve used any resources on that old game, but they have developed Conan Exiles for over 11 months now - and their team is about (30-40) employees. Well their thrall system remind me of old shadowbane when you placed archer npc on your castle walls to defend your village - which you found out in the world! You can capture an enemy blacksmith for instant - and then you get the blacksmith knowledge for your village to craft and get access to items from blacksmith race. And later in the game development it`s rumored that you can capture enemy players as well as city siege - so there are some interesting game features after the EA launch.

And you can create a guild/clan in-game, but it`s limited in size based on the world map which is not random generated. However the world map will expand before the main release. The desert look very nice with rivers and oases, but we will probably see other type of terrains in the future.

You can also find caves and underground tunnels in the world with secrets and mysteries related to Conan lore, and perhaps why you was exiled in the first place. Character creation was great with many different races to chose from with different religious paths with corruption in the world, and dark magic. But there are some AI and item durability bugs at the moment - so it`s EA for sure.

Conan Exiles - Soundtrack Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL2IHURfCbU

Edit reason: *updated content*

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Def gonna be getting this game, looks fun, unlocks on steam in 4 hours!

PLAY TO CRUSH

Dark and Light seems to be a similar kind of game. Also Escape From Tarkov maybe.

I gonna wait and see.

Maybe I just gonna give out more money into Star Citizen instead.

If they get things done, Star Citizen should outplay all 3 of them.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I advice no one to purchase this pos. It's another low effort survival game and a blatant cash grab / gimmick for funcum to keep the Conan license.

Not worthy of 39.99