Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big News about Strongholds - Official discussion thread

Pann

Any chance that we'll see anything other than rectilinear walls?

I'd love to be able to construct a star fort.  For example, something like the following would be cool.

Fortbourtange.jpg

If we're going for a modular system, it would be nice if crafters could make different pieces...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I'd love to be able to construct a star fort.  For example, something like the following would be cool.

If we're going for a modular system, it would be nice if crafters could make different pieces...

We'll see on the wall connectors for the first question. <== Edit, yes you can do 45 degree connections.

Secondly, we made the commitment at the very beginning that any inventory item purchasable in the store can be crafted in the game if you have the materials, skills and entitlements to do so.  The set that comes with one of these strong holds is made up of lots of individual items all of which can be crafted (look at the Keeps for the best illustrations of this, the other illustrations breaking down all the pieces you get are in progress).

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Great news! A few questions: 

1) Will you be able to terra form so you can add a moat or a raised bank as outer defenses to the castles? 

Edit: Just got to the video question about moats!

2) When you buy a castle, fort etc. do you get all the component pieces which you can then rearrange and then later buy additional pieces to enlarge the castle?

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

Looking for a casual guild ...

Is this type of modular castle building meant only for the Eternal Kingdoms or will this also be present in campaign worlds as well?

CW too.

ACE:  Which pieces are destructible?  In SP, only exterior wall segments are destructible (gates, towers, internal walls, stairs, and the building are immune) and that's already a pretty nasty hit on performance.  If everything is destructible, that would be very cool, but I really worry about the resultant performance issues.

Also, if interior walls are indestructible, can we build our outward facing walls out of internal walls?  That screams exploit to me.

Great news! A few questions: 

2) When you buy a castle, fort etc. do you get all the component pieces which you can then rearrange and then later buy additional pieces to enlarge the castle?

Yes, or get crafted additional pieces.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

So, can we build a stronghold anywhere now?

Will strongholds all get siege windows, or do they need a Tree of Life (or Bloodstone Tree) inside them to be immune to 24/7 vulnerability?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I love these parcel concepts!

MFm55eG.png

MtkZZvE.png

LRE1ZEw.png

But those new prices are outrageous! How much are the individual pieces selling for so that they equal $300+?

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Hey if you have some freedom to how you design your layout for strongholds in campaign worlds that could add a lot to the gameplay.  I assume they will still have to be built on predetermined spots because making the entire game world fully destructible would have a lot of drawbacks. 

Much like top RTS players design the layout of their bases a certain way dating all the way back to the warcraft days, I can only imagine the fun things you could do in a game like crowfall. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I love these parcel concepts!

MFm55eG.png

MtkZZvE.png

LRE1ZEw.png

But those new prices are outrageous! How much are the individual pieces selling for so that they equal $300+?

Love those pics where did you find those from?

I don't think they said exactly yet but I think they said something like double the value of what they were. Then the next tricky part is balancing how much in game items are required to actually make the castle. You cant have a $600 castle be farmed/earned in game in a few days or you have all the people that paid $600 rioting, on the other side you cant have that $600 castle cost like a years worth of materials to build for free players

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Fortbourtange.jpg

I thought we could rotate them in game? If so couldn't we rotate a straight piece and turn if like 15% for placement? I hope that is the case that we can simple rotate walls slightly

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Hey if you have some freedom to how you design your layout for strongholds in campaign worlds that could add a lot to the gameplay.  I assume they will still have to be built on predetermined spots because making the entire game world fully destructible would have a lot of drawbacks. 

Much like top RTS players design the layout of their bases a certain way dating all the way back to the warcraft days, I can only imagine the fun things you could do in a game like crowfall. 

I wanna say they said there will require a large flat ground area and to build a castle on so you cannot just build it anywhere per say but on areas that are somewhat designed for castles to be there. This is going off memory from the 12 hour live stream and castle building demo so please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

In the store on the 'Parcels and Strongholds' page you list for sale, Forts, Keeps, and Castles. Each type are available in small, medium, and large. Also they are designated as the kickstarter model, 2015 model, and 2016 model. Also I am assuming small, medium, large, corresponds to Melissa's terminology of rank 1,2,3

A reasonable assumption would be that modular Fort parts are not compatible with modular Castle parts.

But because I am uncertain exactly how this works, will the modular pieces of a Small Fort, a Medium Keep, and a Large Castle fit together?

Or is it...

Small medium and large Fort parts are compatible.

Small medium and large Keep parts are compatible.

Small medium and large Castle parts are compatible.

And while I'm at it, I'm not sure what the functional difference is between forts, keeps and castles except forts look like wooden structures, so my assumption is different harvested resources resulting in higher or lower hit point walls?

My apologies if this has been answered somewhere already,