Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pannderings: Talking Crows - Official discussion thread

Pann

Is it just me, or are all these interviews more or less the same. It looks like all these interviewers are just rehashing the same questions over and over again, or they ask questions you can find if you've been paying attention to the game. Might also be me being a little bit picky, but usually I'm hoping for "new" information  rather than questions than don't seem to have much substance.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

Is it just me, or are all these interviews more or less the same. It looks like all these interviewers are just rehashing the same questions over and over again, or they ask questions you can find if you've been paying attention to the game. Might also be me being a little bit picky, but usually I'm hoping for "new" information  rather than questions than don't seem to have much substance.

I think these interviews are for people who have paid much less attention to Crowfall than we have apparently.    ;)

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I think these interviews are for people who have paid much less attention to Crowfall than we have apparently. ;)

It also looks awkward if they ask something new and Todd says "We aren't prepared to reveal details yet" in a published interview.

Can't wait to see more of what Gaea can do tomorrow.

Edited by blackspar

"Eventually, as a company, I’m sure we’ll see a lot of benefit out of our technology. We don’t intend to be a ‘one game’ company, and I’ve been able to re-use MMO technology to gain significant time and cost reductions. Right now, though, we’re only concentrating on Crowfall. Talk to me again when we start game 2 (…or game 3… or game 12)."

Interesting...

"Talk to me again when we start game 2 (…or game 3… or game 12)."

Interesting...

Oh for the love of the Hunger please make Crowfall awesome (not a limp launch) before moving on...please! :D

Also...this Guild Fair thing sounds pretty cool. I hear they are giving away prizes too during the meet and greet.

Edited by Keaggan

Most of these interviews are just fluff pieces. Don't expect any in-depth, interesting or "hard-hitting" questions coming from the mouths of MMO Pizza Hut.

Kudos on a nice article, Tierless.  IMO, you gave it just the right balance of enthusiasm and critique.

It has been a while since I looked at the calendar and realized how fast the end of 2016 is coming.  Anyone can judge for themselves.  As much as there has been a lot of great stuff developed, that sandwich is clearly only half-eaten.  At this point, "Delay" seems inevitable.  I still want to reiterate that a good late launch is infinitely better than a bad soft launch.

Obviously, our opinions don't speak as loudly as budget constraints, but I can hope.  Keep up the good fight, ACE.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

"Eventually, as a company, I’m sure we’ll see a lot of benefit out of our technology. We don’t intend to be a ‘one game’ company, and I’ve been able to re-use MMO technology to gain significant time and cost reductions. Right now, though, we’re only concentrating on Crowfall. Talk to me again when we start game 2 (…or game 3… or game 12)."

Interesting...

I did a double take at that paragraph too hahaha... *sweats nervously >.>

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

Oh for the love of the Hunger please make Crowfall awesome (not a limp launch) before moving on...please! :D

Also...this Guild Fair thing sounds pretty cool. I hear they are giving away prizes too during the meet and greet.

I suppose if a studio doesn't go into Xpacks or paid patches they have to start another game or they risk having to cut staff. Also, more successful games under a company means that company is more secure-as long as other games don't flop and cripple that company! It's a dangerous blade IMO. In a perfect world, I'd prefer CF be great and they add on to start their second game with CF tech while keeping a big group making new CF content. 

I role play a wordsmith.

I suppose if a studio doesn't go into Xpacks or paid patches they have to start another game or they risk having to cut staff. Also, more successful games under a company means that company is more secure-as long as other games don't flop and cripple that company! It's a dangerous blade IMO. In a perfect world, I'd prefer CF be great and they add on to start their second game with CF tech while keeping a big group making new CF content. 

You don't need paid patches just a steady flow of new content. If the cash shop can keep generating money and subs keep generating money Crowfall will live for 10+ years and they will keep their staff as there is always gonna be something new coming to the game to keep it fresh. Of course creating the same thing for 10+ years can and probably will get boring and new ideas that might not fit in the crowfall universe will pop up and maybe they want to start a new game based on those ideas and a new games might just get born out of said ideas. Having multiple income sources is great cause say something happens to one game they have others that can still be generating revenue for the company and keeping all the employees paid and happy.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA