Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plants and Herbs and Farming

Eggbert

One of the things that I remember from UO was my wife's character up on the roof of our house there working with potted plants to get beneficial items. We also played Archeage and their farming was something she really took to. She had also tried to do the farming in WOW but that was a mess and she did not like it at all. I think that one of the things that make a great gaming system is to be able to interest "non-combatants" as well as all us bloodthirsty brutes that want to go out and pound each other. This made for a very enjoyable time for my wife and I to be able to game together. I don't know that I have read anything that mentions farming in Crowfall. I would love to see some thought go into a farming system that would benefit the economy (i.e. clothing, cooking, alchemy, and other things that can be thought of for farm goods).  

As a side note, we would still be playing Archeage had they not merged servers causing the loss of months of playing to acquire land. Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen done to a server population.

Farming is already in the works as far as the skill list is concerned but, we have no information on it. I would assume it will be the main source of consistent food during the campaigns, especially during winter. They've stated that crops will also be burnable or possibly harvestable by enemies so it will be a contested resource.

It's probably the least talked about feature but, I'm excited about it too. I hope they can get a good cooking system in place for consumable buffs. If Ark can do it, Crowfall can do it.

thumps up for that!
I'm probably the same as your wife, I'm not so much for bloodthirstyness, more for farming and crafting and such. Got my fingers crossed.

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Really excited to find out more information about this potential resource! Although I did not play AA, the videos I saw on it and the little farm patches I saw looked really interesting and engaging. 

Here's to hoping we find out some more information soon!

Of the Hawk People

Farming should be an essential part of every campaign. It would be great if we could harvest special plants in the campaign worlds, then bring them back to the EK for the reproduction of seeds. I think I remember cooking being a skill as well so special ingredients + cooking 'blueprints' = special foods for the campaigns.

Bring on the farmers of things other than gold.

Farming should be an essential part of every campaign. It would be great if we could harvest special plants in the campaign worlds, then bring them back to the EK for the reproduction of seeds. I think I remember cooking being a skill as well so special ingredients + cooking 'blueprints' = special foods for the campaigns.

Bring on the farmers of things other than gold.

It will be especially important during the winter. I assume harvesting food will become very difficult so planning a food supply will be important.

Looking for a casual guild ...