Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirkoff

Imperial Palace?

The 2016 Imperial Palace will have a significant price increase on 9/1/16, so the current $4000 price during August is an very good deal!

Only king can buy it. It's why imperial  :)

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

The guild I run bought one, because Crowfall is actually a Tycoon game and we are playing to crush...

The real reason is we plan to offer some 'meta' PvP with it, based on the current EK assumptions of the owner being able to essentially build a semi-persistent quasi-MMO setting however they see fit. That and it helps fund the game...

We're this odd mix of a hardcore military-themed PvP guild and a long-term RP guild, and we want to have some structured GvG at a pretty big scale. So any guild wanting to play along can work out terms (numbers and levels, and a reward amount of materials that we will match), and then they can have a go at assassinating our "king" over an agreed period of time. There is a House Guard, a Palace Guard, and a general city militia to contend with though - so it's not exactly a cakewalk.

If they're successful, they get the material reward and I retire the 'king' character and replace him with someone else of the hereditary line - perhaps sparking some internal 'political conflicts' for us to deal with along the way.

For us this is groovy on two fronts; one it's GvG, so we can build some cool relations with the folks we share Crowfall with. And two; we have this RP 'empire' we've been running for a long time (think of it as a lore guild from Shadowbane) and this is a chance to really play with some of the history and stories, and to add depth and some persistence to inter-guild relations outside of the campaign worlds.

Might be fun, might suck eggs - either way we decided to spring for the palace. If all we do is have massive keggers in it and wreck the place every week, that's good enough too. :)

The guild I run bought one, because Crowfall is actually a Tycoon game and we are playing to crush...

The real reason is we plan to offer some 'meta' PvP with it, based on the current EK assumptions of the owner being able to essentially build a semi-persistent quasi-MMO setting however they see fit. That and it helps fund the game...

We're this odd mix of a hardcore military-themed PvP guild and a long-term RP guild, and we want to have some structured GvG at a pretty big scale. So any guild wanting to play along can work out terms (numbers and levels, and a reward amount of materials that we will match), and then they can have a go at assassinating our "king" over an agreed period of time. There is a House Guard, a Palace Guard, and a general city militia to contend with though - so it's not exactly a cakewalk.

If they're successful, they get the material reward and I retire the 'king' character and replace him with someone else of the hereditary line - perhaps sparking some internal 'political conflicts' for us to deal with along the way.

For us this is groovy on two fronts; one it's GvG, so we can build some cool relations with the folks we share Crowfall with. And two; we have this RP 'empire' we've been running for a long time (think of it as a lore guild from Shadowbane) and this is a chance to really play with some of the history and stories, and to add depth and some persistence to inter-guild relations outside of the campaign worlds.

Might be fun, might suck eggs - either way we decided to spring for the palace. If all we do is have massive keggers in it and wreck the place every week, that's good enough too. :)

That's awesome 

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

That's is pretty cool and I hope you guys succeed

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

You had enough to spring for it yourself :P

That's awesome 

Thanks!

That's is pretty cool and I hope you guys succeed

Thanks. I hope it pans out as well. The EK thing is still really up in the air as far as what we will ultimately be able to do with them, but I have faith in ACE. :)

You had enough to spring for it yourself :P

Yeah, I could have have (and was going to), but the general consensus is that I shouldn't have to pay for everything.

Even with numbers like the Imperial Palace, Crowfall still works out cheaper than Second Life over the long term - scarily enough... In SL you get one 256x256 meter island (parcel), that you are the ultimate supreme being of, for a mere $1000 setup cost and $295 a month.

That's currently about as close as you can get to the Eternal Kingdoms idea of letting players build their own quasi-MMO world. Granted you can do more in SL as you're not limited to a specific set of assets and you can raise mountains and carve rivers on a whim - but you really pay for that.

I estimate that with my current pledge package and the palace, and the average 'tetris piece' of Crowfall being (I think) four 256x256 areas, that I have roughly the same landmass to play with in Crowfall as the entire "mainland" area of SL.

I'm pretty okay with that. :)

If you redeem your current rewards you might be able to get the Imperial palace off of store credit.

well you depending which tier you have, you will save a lot. I mean with the VIP tickets alone you can redeem a solid $1000 (if you take the 72 kickstarter tickets) but I don't think you can get to $4000 without being Sapphire/Ruby Level on Kickstarter or Upgraded from at least Amber KS to one of the two.

I mean if you don't care about the custom guild things, your strongholds/keeps (I mean who would if you plan to buy a palace - why play with a keep when you can have a palace... can't argue with that ^^), launch party invite (if you got one), VIP tickets you can get a good sum. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Frankly I'm not gonna buy one cause it doesn't feel earned. Even the big guilds I'm not quite sure why they'd want to spend $4000 on something they could just build themselves. Especially when it's merely cosmetic. I feel it might be one of those things that once the games launches, whoever has one will get laughed at for being the idiot to spend several thousand dollars on a cosmetic item. Then a few months later once people have legit palaces they built those who bought it will feel stupid.

TL;DR If you want to buy something that will cripple you financially you could get from just playing the game, by all means. We will all judge.

Frankly I'm not gonna buy one cause it doesn't feel earned. Even the big guilds I'm not quite sure why they'd want to spend $4000 on something they could just build themselves. Especially when it's merely cosmetic. I feel it might be one of those things that once the games launches, whoever has one will get laughed at for being the idiot to spend several thousand dollars on a cosmetic item. Then a few months later once people have legit palaces they built those who bought it will feel stupid.

TL;DR If you want to buy something that will cripple you financially you could get from just playing the game, by all means. We will all judge.

It's all in how you look at it I guess. I suppose I could just give ACE money flat out to fund development with nothing in return, but they decided to give me a bigdamncastle as a way of appreciating my generosity.

For the KS gold you got a couple of horses out of the deal... You could also go tame those horses for free, and I'm sure someone will eventually give you grief for that too - it is the Internet after all.

First of all, I surely won't feel stupid nor will I jugde or laughe at anyone for investing into a game they like.

And I think you meaned: ... later once the big and sucessfull guild have a palace ...

The strongholds from the shop are as legit as the one build ingame and I'm not sure but I suspect after just a few month no single player or small guild will have a palace. And for everyone who wants to build the EK as a community hub or trade hub, a few month is way to long.

So yeah whoever gets a palace: great, have fun with it^^ I will, too

Banner-400x80.png

We're not quite at 4K levels of deep yet.  

But we'll totally come and find any IP in the campaign worlds and burn it down for nothing but the poorly made sockss n giggles! 

We're not quite at 4K levels of deep yet.  

But we'll totally come and find any IP in the campaign worlds and burn it down for nothing but the poorly made sockss n giggles!

Oookkaaaayyy not to sure if you want to get hit by the smell of my dirty burning socks *giggle*

Banner-400x80.png

It's all in how you look at it I guess. I suppose I could just give ACE money flat out to fund development with nothing in return, but they decided to give me a bigdamncastle as a way of appreciating my generosity.

For the KS gold you got a couple of horses out of the deal... You could also go tame those horses for free, and I'm sure someone will eventually give you grief for that too - it is the Internet after all.

Wrong the IP can be built ingame with same look AFAIK, where the horse in pledge packages are unique skins you can apply to any future horses you go acquire ingame

Wrong the IP can be built ingame with same look AFAIK, where the horse in pledge packages are unique skins you can apply to any future horses you go acquire ingame

Hmm but that also true for the strongholds. There are versions for KS, 2015 and 2016, so not realy sure about the wall-parts, but the central main building will be different for each bundle and also different from the one that can be build entirely ingame. 

Also not sure if there is a skin include for lets say stronghold you build inside the campaign-world. Would be great but I have no information in that direction.