Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirkoff

Imperial Palace?

Frankly I'm not gonna buy one cause it doesn't feel earned. Even the big guilds I'm not quite sure why they'd want to spend $4000 on something they could just build themselves. Especially when it's merely cosmetic. I feel it might be one of those things that once the games launches, whoever has one will get laughed at for being the idiot to spend several thousand dollars on a cosmetic item. Then a few months later once people have legit palaces they built those who bought it will feel stupid.

TL;DR If you want to buy something that will cripple you financially you could get from just playing the game, by all means. We will all judge.

That's great that you will not be purchasing one. Its also great if people do decide to purchase them.

Firstly, anything purchased from the store is going directly into development (consider it an investment). Secondly, not only is it a cosmetic item, it's an item that can stimulate large group gameplay (for entire guilds/alliances, trading hubs, etc) and some people are highly anticipating that aspect of the game. Also, you're assuming that people purchasing the $4000 IP are crippling themselves and some maybe are. But there are people and backers here who have disposable income to spend as they like- people typically spend extra money on their hobbies. $4000 to you may seem like a crippling expense but to some others its money well spent that will increase their enjoyment from a game they're investing in. 

Just because people game differently than you doesn't make them wrong. 

Edited by Nivhawk

Of the Hawk People

Wrong the IP can be built ingame with same look AFAIK, where the horse in pledge packages are unique skins you can apply to any future horses you go acquire ingame

The backer item also grants a figurine that allows you to summon the mount, this is in addition to being able to skin any future horses you go acquire in the game

And no. The various sets (KS, 2015, and 2016) have unique looks as part of the perk for helping get the game out the door. That's the value-add over just building it yourself.

(edit: I'm assuming the terse tone was just a translation issue :) )

Edited by raeshlavik

Frankly I'm not gonna buy one cause it doesn't feel earned. Even the big guilds I'm not quite sure why they'd want to spend $4000 on something they could just build themselves. Especially when it's merely cosmetic. I feel it might be one of those things that once the games launches, whoever has one will get laughed at for being the idiot to spend several thousand dollars on a cosmetic item. Then a few months later once people have legit palaces they built those who bought it will feel stupid.

TL;DR If you want to buy something that will cripple you financially you could get from just playing the game, by all means. We will all judge.

judge away. i bought my personal Imperial Palace for several reasons. the one you that would concern you most would be that CF will be a great game and i am happy to give them funding to ensure that lack of cash isn't a potential reason it might fail.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

That's great that you will not be purchasing one. Its also great if people do decide to purchase them.

Firstly, anything purchased from the store is going directly into development (consider it an investment). Secondly, not only is it a cosmetic item, it's an item that can stimulate large group gameplay (for entire guilds/alliances, trading hubs, etc) and some people are highly anticipating that aspect of the game. Also, you're assuming that people purchasing the $4000 IP are crippling themselves and some maybe are. But there are people and backers here who have disposable income to spend as they like- people typically spend extra money on their hobbies. $4000 to you may seem like a crippling expense but to some others its money well spent that will increase their enjoyment from a game they're investing in. 

Just because people game differently than you doesn't make them wrong. 

Nivhawk i must say this is the perfect response as its exactly how i feel. 

It says the new packages will be 3x as much.. 12k cash shop item? Wozers

When they convert to the modular system it won't be a single cash shop item. It will be a bunch of them that add up to ~12k in total.

IhhQKY6.gif

It says the new packages will be 3x as much.. 12k cash shop item? Wozers

I guess it is probably intended to be bought by a group of friends. You can't protect it alone anyway  :P

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I guess it is probably intended to be bought by a group of friends. You can't protect it alone anyway  :P

Since these strongholds are for the Eternal Kingdoms, and PvP and Asset Destruction can be disabled by the owner, they actually can be protected alone.

IhhQKY6.gif

Our guild has at least 2 imperial palaces, several mountain citadels (I have a citadel myself) and many many castles of various sizes. Cruising through our guild EK will be like driving through Beverly Hills. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

All the money I dumped at the actual "Imperial Palace-home of the $1 hotdog/beer combo" in Vegas back in the day...they should comp me one here in game.

RIP Imperial Palace  

imperial_palace_las_vegas.jpg

OS_Sig3.png