Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Temporary Item Redemption: Official Discussion Thread

Not sure if this is intentional, but I bought a Small Fort today for $40 but it can only be redeemed for $30. While other items seem to be at 100% value. Also if I wanted to upgrade to a Medium Fort it would cost me $20 when it should be $10.

Edited by Jagour

Why would one want to do this?

... because you may want to take advantage of the August prices of the "parcels and strongholds" before the prices go up but you don't have sufficient funds and therefore by redeeming some of your backer rewards the credit can go towards the cost.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Not sure if this is intentional, but I bought a Small Fort today for $40 but it can only be redeemed for $30. While other items seem to be at 100% value. Also if I wanted to upgrade to a Medium Fort it would cost me $20 when it should be $10.

The Small Fort is made from MDF therefore the redemption value is lower than normal wood  :D

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

If i redeem some stuff now, and get 95$ store credit, COULD i wait like a year and that credit will still be there and able to use it on the new stuff to come to the store

Yes, this is true.

I'm going to assume each month of VIP is worth $15 and not all of them?

Yes, you are redeeming one at a time now for each button press.  We hope to have that fixed next week where you can select the amount.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

It would have been a cool trick, but it was a bug, I've gotten it fixed.

Vip prices won't change right? so i can redeem the extremely large number of vip months i have secure in the knowledge that they will continue to cost 15 bucks each?

No plans to change VIP pricing at this point!

am i the only one that cares only about VIP credit because i'm a terrible alt-a-holic? (DAOC...too many classes....)

i'm only a bronze after all!

i'd personally rather build my fortresses on the blood and bones of my enemies than buying from the store.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

What's the, if any disadvantage to consuming my package? Dose it mean I cannot upgrade it?

Correct, if you redeem some part of it, you don't have an upgradable package.  Only 2016 packages can be upgraded at this point though.

Just redeemed some of my VIP for a Kickstarter Large Fort and a 2016 Nightmare :D

Which reminds me, have you guys come up with anything to replace the character slots? I don't want to redeem those in case whatever replaces them is awesome.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Which reminds me, have you guys come up with anything to replace the character slots? I don't want to redeem those in case whatever replaces them is awesome.

From what I recall, those were made obsolete with the Vessel system, and are being replaced with... STORE CREDIT!  :-)

Just redeemed some of my VIP for a Kickstarter Large Fort and a 2016 Nightmare :D

We have not.  We'll try to make it only so awesome, not too awesome though.   :)

*turns a pixel castle into pixel cash to buy a bigger pixel castle... What a time to be alive!

Question though, can store credit be applied to layaway items?

I believe so