Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Temporary Item Redemption: Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

Question for ACE:

I noticed the tax free farmland parcel recently changed to farmland parcel.  Any information on this or upkeep in general?  IE - how much it will cost to upkeep these different kingdoms?

No new information on this yet. It will be coming as that is part of individual Eternal Kingdom design.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Help! Should I buy a small castle, and large keep if I have a KS medium fort? Or are the resource costs for all of them going to be so undeity much that I'll never be able to build it? Or does it serve no purpose to have more than 1 of the largest fortification. I'd love to tinker with as much of the EK building as possible but not 100% on the actually possibility or viability of doing that solo or as a small group is.

Though I am keeping my wonderful Collectors Edition box w/ figurines to snuggle with at night. 3 Char slots still seems worthwhile to hold on to.

This Mountain Citadel picture is coming to the store soon...

http://imgur.com/M42g7VG

Might be a silly question but will we see special parcels made for the Citadel/Palace? I mean something like the picture shows (cliff on a big lake, actual mountain) or will it be more like a general plateau like for keeps and castles. 

Or if you ask it differently - will Mountain Citadels/Imperial Palaces/maybe other building types too be able to fit on more 3d like terrain and not only on plateaus like with hills, actually mountains, etc. I mean it would be nice nice well... the name calls it - Mountain Citadel. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Hurm, the vessel stuff seems to be confusing people still, best to just go back to the character slot model me thinks  ;)

They cant it simply does not work with the design of the game. Once you see the vessel system in action you probably will love it. The crow/vessel system is one of the big things that makes crowfall special and different.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

A sense of scale illustrated.

Castle_Whole_Large.jpg

So guess this confirms or hints that wall and tower pieces don't always have to connect and snap together at square angles. Tons more options and possible configurations if true.

Edited by pang

Help! Should I buy a small castle, and large keep if I have a KS medium fort? Or are the resource costs for all of them going to be so undeity much that I'll never be able to build it? Or does it serve no purpose to have more than 1 of the largest fortification. I'd love to tinker with as much of the EK building as possible but not 100% on the actually possibility or viability of doing that solo or as a small group is.

Though I am keeping my wonderful Collectors Edition box w/ figurines to snuggle with at night. 3 Char slots still seems worthwhile to hold on to.

My understanding is that you won't need any resources to build them if you buy them on the store. Resources are only if you want to craft up a fortress ingame without spending real cash on it in the store. So go for it, you should be able to use your forts in your EK as a solo player.

The only thing that might be a problem is upkeep costs on your land (we don't have much detail on that yet, some KS land parcels may be exempt?)

Multiple forts should serve a purpose, at least as much of a purpose as any fort does. You can plant extra forts in your EK or in a friend's EK, or combine the lego pieces into some kind of megafort, etc.

Hmm I think i'm gunna buy another mountain citadel but i'm curious how cramped the EK could be anyone got a reference for size of the EK ? i've looked but have come up with outdated info? Anyone able to shed some light on that or point me in the right direction?

According to the store page, mountain citadels come with "a Capital parcel (8 cells in size)". I'm assuming the citadel will fit onto those 8 cells, it may not even take up all 8?

Combine that with this info from another thread:

- a "zone" has a cell grid that 20 cells by 20 cells (which equates to 5120m by 5120m). our architecture will allow us to seamlessly stitch these together like a patchwork quilt, such that you can run from one to the next to the next.

- EKs are currently planned to be 1 zone. thus the max grid size that you noted.

(you may want to read the full post, has a lot of interesting info, I just snipped out the part relevant here)

If your EK can fit up to 400 cells (20x20), and the citadel sits on 8 cells.. I do not think you will have trouble finding room for two citadels. You can fit fifty citadels.

Edited by Avloren

Posting this Question for ACE a third time, since it keeps getting skipped.

Is it still planned that if you buy, say, a small fort or keep that you can eventually upgrade it, in game, to a medium and eventually large version?

I'm wondering if "small, medium, large" are no longer things, but instead the number of pieces you can build with are the focus.

My understanding is that you won't need any resources to build them if you buy them on the store. Resources are only if you want to craft up a fortress ingame without spending real cash on it in the store.

Where have you gotten that understanding?  I'd like to read up on threads or announcements I may have missed. 

A system of that kind seems like a mistake to me.  With what guilds will be hauling in from KS, why would they ever need to export?  To build their 7th citadel?  

Edit: I believe buying things from the store should give you something, but if it's everything, even the handful of backers in my guild could fill out an entire kingdom (20x20).  The EK-CW embargo loop needs more enticement, not less.

Edit 2: Perhaps the citadels/keeps/castles quickly decay without new materials, or something like that.

Edited by mctan

That's why I'm still going to hold on to my Fort (well, I did upgrade it to Large). Since it won't be as resource expensive (build or upkeep).

Changed my mind, just getting a Large Castle. I should have plenty to build with since it basically a wall and Throne upgrade to the Keep among other things. With it all being modular I wouldn't HAVE to place everything.

Still wish I knew the visual difference between KS, 2015, and 2016 versions.

Edited by Mayhem

So can i use Wallet Money to do layaway?

I want to get the Citadel....but I am hesitant on cashing in everything to get to it, until i know more about the game.

Any help would be just peachy.....

Edited by snowmizer

dulpoa76627.png

Hi,

Could someone guide me?

1.)  Can these structures be attacked\damaged by opponents?

2.)  What is decay like?  How do I know if I can keep up a large castle?  Any guidelines to go by?   I'm an KS Amber but not sure how much I will be able to play  in the beginning.  

Thanks!!

The stronghold kit you buy is for the eternal kingdoms. In the EK's PvP and destruction can be turned on or off. So if you place your stronghold in your kingdom and turn on PvP and destruction, it can be damaged. We don't know yet if it has to be repaired with resources afterwards, but i would guess so.

Maintenance costs depend on the buildings you place and the parcel type. So the more buildings and the bigger the stronghold parcel, the more reaccuring costs. A large castle is meant to support 4 medium sized villages. One possible estimation is that this means 60 players. So i doubt that one single person could keep up a large castle on it's own. But maybe the main building won't be affected and the whole maintenance thing is for additional buildings only. Like let's say a large forge. In that case it would just depend on you and how many additional buildings you want to keep up. We don't know yet.

FAQ says

29.  IS THERE AN UPKEEP COST ON THE LAND OR BUILDINGS?

Buildings have a recurring maintenance cost. (We use the word “tax” because it’s easier to say than “recurring maintenance cost”.) The base cost is different for each type of building.

Stronghold parcels do not have a direct tax. Instead, they apply a multiplier to the building(s) placed on that land. Resource parcels that are adjacent to the stronghold have two effects. First, they increase the occupancy rate of the stronghold parcel: How many buildings can I place there? Second, they adjust the tax rate of the buildings placed in the stronghold parcel.

If your taxes fall into arrears, the buildings on the land will begin to degrade (but the parcel itself does not; for example, a Medium Keep parcel isn’t directly taxed, so it never downgrades.)

If a building fully degrades, it won’t disappear but instead goes to rank 0, the “Ruined” state. At that point, the building becomes unusable (and stops incurring additional taxes).

You only can repair and upgrade your buildings using in-game resources (i.e. the resources that come primarily from campaigns).

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

so if i get to $1800 in my "Wallet" i can purchase the Citadel?

Or is that just Real cash???

Yes, you can buy the Mountain Citadel.

Well, it's technically real cash albeit in store credit.

So can i use Wallet Money to do layaway?

I want to get the Citadel....but I am hesitant on cashing in everything to get to it, until i know more about the game.

Any help would be just peachy.....

Yes you can use your wallet money to do a layaway. Remember they only allow 1 layaway item at a time though so if you have something on layaway now you would need to finish paying it off before you could layaway another item.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Hi,

Could someone guide me?

1.)  Can these structures be attacked\damaged by opponents?

2.)  What is decay like?  How do I know if I can keep up a large castle?  Any guidelines to go by?   I'm an KS Amber but not sure how much I will be able to play  in the beginning.  

Thanks!!

Generally no as these are gonna be for your Eternal Kingdom but you will be able to customize the rule set in your EK and it may be possible to set it to full destruction available in your EK but IMO that kinda would be stupid as why would you want to allow people to destroy your EK stuff that generally people paid hundreds of dollars for. There is some kind of tax on the parcels that we don't know too much more on yet either, the tax will be paid via in game currency though so its not like something you have to be VIP or pay real money for it. Some of the packages come with tax free parcels.