Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Temporary Item Redemption: Official Discussion Thread

I personally think this whole thing is great. I got rid of what I didn't want (Collector's edition items and guild items) and bought what I actually wanted but couldn't justify (A castle with  title that I wanted).  At the same time if you think about it from the point of view of ACE they probably have tons of people redeeming their collector's editions. Which means they will save a bundle of money because they don't have to produce a bunch of physical stuff most people really don't want.

THANK YOU ACE!

ok guys totaly lost im shapire suporter if i dont reedeem the items marked green i will lose the items ?

You will not lose the items... You just have the opportunity to redeem stuff right now and purchase strongholds before they go up in price after 9/1.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

ok i have alot credits now what i should buy ? 890 dollars in wallet niçe and only pay 430€ dam good deal at kickstar =D

i have Villa alreadym what i should buy a large castle ?

Edited by FLASHPT

ok i have alot credits now what i should buy ? 890 dollars in wallet niçe and only pay 430€ dam good deal at kickstar =D

i have Villa alreadym what i should buy a large castle ?

I'd just gather as much information as you can about the EK and the stuff in the shop and then figure out what you want most.  There is no right answer as different players have different goals.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Ok, so I have a few buildings and alot of cash sitting in the wallet.  Will we be able to use forts / keeps to upgrade a castle? I have a KS Large Castle,2015 Sm Fort, 2015 Med Fort, 2015 SM Keep, 2015 Med Keep and 2015 Lg Keep.  I obviously don't need all of these in my EK. 

Suggestions?

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

I highly doubt that turning destruction on for your EK would mean that you have to spend resources to fix it or nobody would ever do that. More likely to be like in Landmark where once the materials have been used/payed for any destruction can be reset without cost.

I'm thinking its still a good idea to save some in your wallet for other things when they come. Stuff like villas, manors, noble houses and such to fill your keeps and castles with.

Edited by Mayhem

Where have you gotten that understanding?  I'd like to read up on threads or announcements I may have missed. 

A system of that kind seems like a mistake to me.  With what guilds will be hauling in from KS, why would they ever need to export?  To build their 7th citadel?  

Edit: I believe buying things from the store should give you something, but if it's everything, even the handful of backers in my guild could fill out an entire kingdom (20x20).  The EK-CW embargo loop needs more enticement, not less.

Edit 2: Perhaps the citadels/keeps/castles quickly decay without new materials, or something like that.

In the case that the guild already has a kick ass eternal kingdom they export WEAPONS/ARMORS so they could take into the next CW or if they are dreg exclusive players they export what ever crafting materials their guild needed/is the most valuable to trade and sell with other players for VIP time and other things from the cash shop they may want/need.

They may also solve this problem by allow the ability to EXPORT a scroll or potions that will speed up your skill production slightly. I can see a pot that 2x increase skill production speed for 1 day or whatever time frame they want being a good alternative to Dreg only player not really wanting/needing anything.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

My question for an update on the upgrading-situation was addressed in the recent article:  

If I buy a small keep, will I eventually be able to upgrade to a large keep?
Yes, though upgrading isn't as simple as clicking a button that says "upgrade now".These strongholds bundles are made up of three components: parcels, walls and the central building or structure. Parcels can be crafted or purchased. Modular castle building pieces (walls, towers, ramparts, etc.) can be crafted or purchased and are like ‘Lego pieces’.  Upgrading these really means "collect or craft more pieces, so that you can build out your stronghold defenses however you like."The central structures (lodge, greathall, etc.) are buildings that you can craft, trade or purchase.  These are functionally interchangeable; however, they CAN vary cosmetically for some packages (i.e. Kickstarter, 2015, 2016). These cosmetic variations will eventually be retired from our store, at which point they will no longer be available for purchase (though other players may be willing to trade them).This means that if you have a 2015 lodge and want to upgrade to a 2015 bannerhall, you won’t be able to upgrade by purchasing the larger stronghold in the Crowfall Store. You could purchase a new banner hall (cosmetically different but functionally identical to the 2015 one) or you can try to find a player willing to trade or sell you one. Another option is that players with the appropriate crafting skills could also deconstruct the lodge for resources, and then use those resources to jump-start the construction of a bannerhall.

From:  http://crowfall.com/en/news/the-411-on-strongholds/

It's always been said we can trade in our strongholds for store credit. Will I be able to trade in my Small Castle at a later date and redeem it so I can get a large castle and pay the difference?

I don't think so. The Stronghold sets are going to turn into modular pieces. (Taking them out of the box) So I highly doubt you can redeem them the same way we can redeem them right now as a set.

Best thing you can do is just keep the Small Castle and put the Large Castle on Layaway. If ever you do want to ditch the Small Castle, try to sell it in parts maybe?

I assume the higher level 2016 pledge packages will once again be available for me to purchase on 9/1. If so, will they remain unchanged? Or will they be altered to refect the increased price/value of the strongholds?

Where have you gotten that understanding?  I'd like to read up on threads or announcements I may have missed. 

A system of that kind seems like a mistake to me.  With what guilds will be hauling in from KS, why would they ever need to export?  To build their 7th citadel?  

Edit: I believe buying things from the store should give you something, but if it's everything, even the handful of backers in my guild could fill out an entire kingdom (20x20).  The EK-CW embargo loop needs more enticement, not less.

Edit 2: Perhaps the citadels/keeps/castles quickly decay without new materials, or something like that.

So this is the best information I've seen on this:

We'll see on the wall connectors for the first question. <== Edit, yes you can do 45 degree connections.

Secondly, we made the commitment at the very beginning that any inventory item purchasable in the store can be crafted in the game if you have the materials, skills and entitlements to do so. The set that comes with one of these strong holds is made up of lots of individual items all of which can be crafted (look at the Keeps for the best illustrations of this, the other illustrations breaking down all the pieces you get are in progress).

This comes from the recent thread announcing the stronghold sale and upcoming price changes. It's open to interpretation: you could read that to mean we're buying complete buildings, which can be used as is, and can alternatively be crafted with ingame resources instead of buying them on the store (my view).

You could also interpret it to mean that all the items he's talking about are some kind of blueprints, and he's telling us that the blueprint item can be either crafted ingame for resources or bought on the store. And either either way it would then would require even more resources to get an actual building using the blueprint.

It's a valid interpretation, but I really can't see ArtCraft saying: "Those buildings you're buying in the store, that you can alternatively craft ingame for resources? It also takes more resources to actually build them, and we opted not to mention that to our backers spending possibly thousands of dollars on them." The store told me I was buying a castle, I have faith in ArtCraft not to give me a castle blueprint instead. But it hasn't been explicitly ruled out yet, hence why I said "my understanding" - I won't judge anyone for coming to a different conclusion.

We do know that there will be some kind of tax or maintenance, although we don't really know anything about it yet - see quote below. It could possibly turn out the opposite of your fears - all these easily acquired strongholds leading to a higher-than-normal demand for ingame resources at launch, as everyone struggles to maintain them.

The tax / maintenance system is a great example.  We've changed a LOT about how world construction works, which had a huge impact on EKs.  Some of that has settled; much of it has not. So, until we're ready, I don't want to talk about how and to what degree those system(s) may be affected.

Edited by Avloren

You could also interpret it to mean that all the items he's talking about are some kind of blueprints, and he's telling us that the blueprint item can be either crafted ingame for resources or bought on the store. And either either way it would then would require even more resources to get an actual building using the blueprint.

My interpretation as well.  Still seem to have an issue with this EK construction.  A troublesome combination to put RL Purchases of huge accomplishments into the most permanent worlds (EK).  I'm sure some people will throw a hissy fit if they have to, you know, actually play the game in order to use the things they bought to their fullest extent...I just don't see any way around it save heavy maintenance costs (i.e. if you don't win a CW in the first couple months, your citadel is crumbling).

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

My interpretation as well.  Still seem to have an issue with this EK construction.  A troublesome combination to put RL Purchases of huge accomplishments into the most permanent worlds (EK).  I'm sure some people will throw a hissy fit if they have to, you know, actually play the game in order to use the things they bought to their fullest extent...I just don't see any way around it save heavy maintenance costs (i.e. if you don't win a CW in the first couple months, your citadel is crumbling).

I agree that the embargo system is in potential danger but I am not sure upkeep costs in the EK can solve it.  It depends on what resources upkeep will take, since you can get basic resources from the EKs themselves. In order for the embargo system to have a purpose, upkeep on all EK buildings (even cash shop ones) would require materials found exclusively in the campaign worlds, or people will just afk farm them in complete safety. I always envisioned that the bulk of embargo resources would go to EK building costs, as I never expected there to be enough demand for other types of crafting in the EKs due to the severe import restrictions on the more competitive worlds. My expectations can change, of course.

Edited by Mytherceria

well I don't think anything above a certain building can be maintained and built without a proper and active guild behind it. The Large Keep itself is enormous in terms of being a building you actually have. A Palace can fit twice as much buildings into it as the Citadel and gordon knows how big the Citadel is compared to the large castle which actually already has a greybox and looks pretty big. 

So as the name implies I guess a Citadel and for sure the Palace will be at the size of Cities. So all in all I don't see the maintenance costs that much of a problem unless they are incredible tight. Also you have to keep in mind that not all people will get home with cash in their pockets (or rocks... or whatever) so I doubt your buildings will crumble the day it expires. Maybe it decays and get partly destroyed or so. 

Also some campaigns will actually last quite some time so I doubt that they will put the timer on the maintenance so tight that you actually have to require a project manager/time management course to achieve a successful and proud EK. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I agree that the embargo system is in potential danger but I am not sure upkeep costs in the EK can solve it.  It depends on what resources upkeep will take, since you can get basic resources from the EKs themselves. In order for the embargo system to have a purpose, upkeep on all EK buildings (even cash shop ones) would require materials found exclusively in the campaign worlds, or people will just afk farm them in complete safety. I always envisioned that the bulk of embargo resources would go to EK building costs, as I never expected there to be enough demand for other types of crafting in the EKs due to the severe import restrictions on the more competitive worlds. My expectations can change, of course.

I don't feel the embargo system is in jeopardy.  They are selling us the skeletons to a system, and they then want us to go into CWs to gather resources to bring back and make armor, weapons, and all the important decorations that go into those skeleton forts/keeps/castles, along with other buildings, like homes, halls, and tents.

The problem I foresee is having weekly or even monthly upkeep costs.  If campaigns are where we gather resources, and if campaigns average out at 2 months long, then we will need more of a quarter year upkeep system.  Also I hope that the "skeleton" buildings I spoke of earlier don't have major upkeep costs, because that would hurt the community and their faith in ACE.  Rather our upkeep costs should be based on what we build/acquire in game on things like forges, stores, houses, halls etc.  For every x amount of items we have, then we have y amount of upkeep.

A lot of decisions on purchases were made with information that existed when tax free parcels were the known; now the description on tax free parcels has changed, and it has become an unknown.  Imagine players that purchased imperial palaces under the tax free system not being able to pay for upkeep because the system changed after their purchase.

lUvvzPy.png

I don't feel the embargo system is in jeopardy.  They are selling us the skeletons to a system, and they then want us to go into CWs to gather resources to bring back and make armor, weapons, and all the important decorations that go into those skeleton forts/keeps/castles, along with other buildings, like homes, halls, and tents.

I am all for decorating and this would be a lovely idea. It only really works though is if the stuff you put in the buildings is not available on the cash shop. I would love to avoid building upkeep costs and this would be possible if there was enough interesting items that could only be created in game to keep the demand for embargoed resources high. A lot of people still have a lot of unspent credits, perhaps more than enough to decorate an entire EK without ever needing a single resource from the campaigns if they are purchasable in the cash shop. This is normally how a cash shop should work, selling "fluff" items and it is usually fine, even preferable. I am just uncertain whether or not relying on the non-fluff items like weapons and armor will be enough to supply a robust embargo economy.

Edited by Mytherceria

Welp. I'm a King now.

Stronghold-Imperial Palace/KingQueen-15' Exclusive stronghold (imperial palace) for your personal kingdom and the starting title of King or Queen