Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Temporary Item Redemption: Official Discussion Thread

Could someone explain to me the difference between for instance a 2015 small keep and a small 2016 keep? 

All the keeps appear to have the same prices as their last year counterpart but what is the difference between them?

Could someone explain to me the difference between for instance a 2015 small keep and a small 2016 keep? 

All the keeps appear to have the same prices as their last year counterpart but what is the difference between them?

Art style; same with Kickstarter versions.

Question:  Will we be able to "lend" our pieces to guildmates to build with?  For example, we have several people who have bought small castles, will we be able to pool our resources and build a larger castle?

>Purchase $1000 package (back in 2015)
>Redeem most of the redeemable stuff for $1800 (!)
>Purchase mountain citadel
>Become Archduke

I'm pretty happy with this development.

..I probably wasn't going to make it to Texas for the launch party, anyway :P

am i the only one that cares only about VIP credit because i'm a terrible alt-a-holic? (DAOC...too many classes....)

i'm only a bronze after all!

i'd personally rather build my fortresses on the blood and bones of my enemies than buying from the store.

Which reminds me, have you guys come up with anything to replace the character slots? I don't want to redeem those in case whatever replaces them is awesome

Do note that VIP prices will not be going up, but fortress prices will on 9/1/2016. If you have any interest in any of the forts, it'll save you in the long run to redeem VIP now, buy fort, then buy VIP as needed at launch.

That being said, campaign forts built over the corpses of enemies are better than Eternal Kingdom ones, so I completely get why you might not care.

Edited by Avloren

Do we know how much the prices are going up after september 1st?

Most of the forts tell you give you an estimate if you go to their details page on the store. e.g.:

The unbundled price of the individual items in a 2015 Medium Castle Bundle totals over $1,700. This will have a significant price increase on 9/1/16, so the current $500 price during August is an outrageously good deal!

A few - mountain citadel, imperial palace - don't specify a price.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by Avloren

Most of the forts tell you give you an estimate if you go to their details page on the store. e.g.:

A few - mountain citadel, imperial palace - don't specify a price.

(edited for clarity)

Thanks for the help, friend.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

This may have been answered already but, if we layaway the package now, it will retain the current price until purchased correct? I just want to make sure I'm not doing layaway on a huge item just to have the prices inflated later.

Yes, you keep the current price for your layaway.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

This, all of it, is really good news. Up to now all the redemption stuff worked really well (except of the circumstance that one have to redeem every single VIP ticket step by step). Combined with the new EK/Campaign informations it might hit a nerve. Well done.

Question:  Will we be able to "lend" our pieces to guildmates to build with?  For example, we have several people who have bought small castles, will we be able to pool our resources and build a larger castle?

This was a specific question during the 12h live stream. Melissa said that this meets their plans. So people should be able to put their pieces together to build a larger stronghold.

Anyway, there might be restrictions how many Stronghold parts can be used on a specific shire/city/capitol parcel. We don't know yet.

I take it that extra character slots are not extra accounts?  

You are right. But you can redeem your extra character slots for 25$ each. You were able to do this before the actual redemption event, so you should be able to do it afterwards. You may also wait until they convert character slots into something. Life is a gable, isn't it? ;)

Do we know how much the prices are going up after september 1st?

See summary here.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that the "extra accounts" no longer exist......

Its obsolete now due to the vessel system.

So question now is, is it safe to redeem it, or will it be replaced by something else and if we redeem the slots we lose the new thing as well?

Edited by pang

Its obsolete now due to the vessel system.

So question now is, is it safe to redeem it, or will it be replaced by something else and if we redeem the slots we lose the new thing as well?

I would hope they'd offer us the option to buy them back at the price we redeemed them at if they were to become a thing again. I thought of this today while contemplating whether or not I should do just that. I ended up redeeming them with the confidence ACE would offer us fair compensation were they to suddenly flip the character system on us again, which I don't expect them to. 

Hg0LXwa.png