Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraahk

Gamescom Backer Party Impressions/Stories

I thought it could be nice to share some impressions of yesterdays backer party at the gamescom in cologne, germany. For all of those who couldn't participate in this event. And those who ... well, let's say those who did, but don't remember too much of it.

I'll give some kind of general review. Feel free to join with your own stories, photos, recordings and hurriedly scribbled notes.

The whole thing began at 6 p.m. on the grounds of the gamescom camp. Not too easy to find for those who haven't been trained in the search for traces on the barbarian side of the german rhine. But Travian did a great job in providing a motorized scout, leading them directely to this unbelievable exclusive parking space, literally some feet in front of the the gamescom camp entrance. That guy was unbelievable. And who did you bribe to get those parking slots? I need to get their phone numbers!

Travian didn't miss the opportunity to present every single participant with a crowfall cotton bag, t-shirt, keychain and a merchant pig code. Special thanks to the iron guards who sat there for hours, waiting for the last few crows. But i tell you, one more packpig and i will quit crowfall and start my own pig farm. For the sake of variety, this really could have been something different this time. But hey, anyway, really nice. And well planned. Even the XXL shirts didn't run out after people started their third invasion of the buffet.  

If i have counted correctly (and i didn't) there must have been roundabout 70 backers, most of them the girls and guys from [iN] (coming directly from britain), [CAL] (coming directly from siege perilous) and [CFC] (coming indirectly from the more or less more civilized side of the german rhine - at least we like to believe so). Correct me if i am wrong. ;)

During the 4 hours of this relaxed gathering J. Todd Coleman and the Travian staff took their time to visit every table for a while and to talk with us backers in a very relaxed way. Well, maybe except of Todd. I remember him coming to our table and the first dialogue was "So, what are your questions?" - "Uhm, we don't have questions, we thought we just give you the opportunity to relax a bit." - "I don't fall for this!"
So, well, we asked some questions. Self-evidently only because he was insisting. I swear.  B)  And we got some pretty grave answers from first hand. Like "October". Unfortunately i forgot the related question. My bad. <_<

However, it was fun to meet parts of ACE and Travian and the crowfall community. Especially if you think about the fact that this is a very small and low-budget company, that there is no released game yet and that the european publisher has been announced only some weeks ago, they did a great job. Thanks for that and well done.

Hope you all had fun and see you next time. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

YL9lYTR.jpg

Great summary Kraahk. It was an amazing evening and I can't do a better job to explain all this, but I'll try to give some more info from my point of view. Too bad I have missed you at the party (or maybe I didn't?). So many new faces, so I might have forgotten a few.

Todd visited our POI (read: table) we conquered and occupied the entire evening the last when the party was almost over and we sat there for over an hour and after midnight talking to Todd. Unlike Kraakh and his table, we bombarded him with questions straight away and he answered them all as best as he could. He was honest and straightforward and we even got some exclusive info (tokens!) out of him.

The month October was heard at our table as well, but I leave you to guess what will come in that month!  ;)

We also talked with the guys from Travian and they told us several times how devoted they are to help make Crowfall great! They are all in and it's a big step forward for their company to publish a mmo like Crowfall. Almost everybody at Travian is play testing Crowfall also and they all love it. They took all my worries away and I'm convinced they will make our Crowfall experience great.

Thank you Lars, Jess, Todd and all those people I talked too (which names I already forgot, I'm so sorry) for this amazing opportunity and evening! I had a blast!  :D

Edit: Todd curses a lot when he is drunk. Mpres would be proud! ;)

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It was a great evening and I was glad to be there and it was quite a drive to get there too.

I got in about an hour late due to traffic jam caused by a culmunation of about 3 car accidents and a closing of one Lane. Though I even saw a fellow crow in a small car accident on the way to the Camp. I hope he managed in the end in time to appear. He had a very slight drive up with another car, as I recall.

The Camp itself was cramped to the brink and... well Caenth knowing bout my Phobia was so kind to guide me along, many thanks once more Canth! Couldn't have done without you, literally. If you wouldn't been there I would have turned around before I collapsed.

It was great to meet all the fellow guild members of Caldera and some other people around there. Especially Travian Games and Todd, its very reassuring to hear how pationate they are about everything and listening to the Techno MumboJumbo had my heart fly out my Chest.

They really got some genious plans ahead and how they pull everything off and I'm certain that what they can manage to achieve will be great!

I really hope we will may find some more Tech Information on the weekly posts, it would be awesome to read/see.

In the Evening there was like Caenth mentioned quite a vivid discussion with Todd going on, only slightly disrupted by a flashlight in my eyes from peeps that sneaked up from a nearby campside.

Overall it was a awesome time and I'm looking very forward for further events whenever Travian has them planned. I think with this little Party they tightend the community well and won even some more fans over.

Won't say anything about the October thingie....except that he said 'September/October'. But well, no big difference I guess.

It was a great evening guys, thank you all! Yeah, it might have looked as if I slept half of the time, but let me say - it's an illusion. I was awake. Promise ò.ó

Caenth, we were the ones who pointed those pesty little interviewers your way (the desk right at the 'entrance') - you may thank us later! And I feel kind of sad that we didn't really meet, there was not so much mingling as I hoped. Would have loved to speak with all of the others but....did I mention? I was so f*cking tired xD

And yeah - Todd cursing is something to hear. he did trie to apologize for this (and his Texas-English) but really, he spoke so loud (;p) and clear, 'was no problem to understand him.

Let's do this again, it was a great experience :)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Hmmm... Tight lips eh?  You guys already said too much... Might as well spill the beans.  No one is watching, and there are no records of anything posted on forums.... So might as well go for it :D

Pretty sure anyone with half a brain might be able to figure it out.  I just want to know if i have half a brain or not :D

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

well I have to agree with all of you that the event was a great time. From talking to fellow German Crows to some international Crows as well I really enjoyed the event. Was also great to meet Todd and the staff of Travian (@ Travian - I hope your e-mail systems work now, haha ^^) and actually be there in person. I mean even with the livestreams, etc. everything is still so far away but there you could actually feel the passion, especially Todd talking like a waterfall :D and sharing some of his ideas and so forth. 

I'm also looking forward to the Launch Party (if I have the chance to be there though I think I'm good as long as the party is near the end of the week or so). 

Well I should register myself at CFC now ^^

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

You absolutly should :D

All those other german crows I didn't meet - or did, and pestered about this at lenght ;) - come visit us. Looking forward to meeting you :)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Aside from the October-thing which I guess you won't tell, anything interesting you guys gathered from your questions to the team :) ?

We asked a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo questions. We gave Todd ideas for future updates and stuff we like to see. He appreciated that a lot, because it is not easy to come up with stuff for 2.5 updates a week.

Gameplay and -design wise we ofc asked some questions as well, but I'm not sure how much I'm 'allowed' to tell. Not everything he told us was peachy, so expect some less fun news at one point. To be clear, A LOT was great news and I walked away more excited than I walked in.

I personally asked some questions how sub-guilds works and when we'll see the guild system. It will work like in Shadowbane was his answer, and since I didn't play that game he explained it to us. Interestingly they don't develop the guild system themselves, but contracted some other company/person to do code this. But maybe I misunderstood this part. It is not done yet, because the first version Todd wasn't happy with.

Besides that, we talked a lot about the community, his view on it and such. We had a really nice conversation about it.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I wonder if you guys got any information on soft launch.  Maybe I am being silly here but I've seen certain things that make me think soft launch might come this year.  Maybe that's the october thing.  Maybe not, maybe they are still too far away, who knows! 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I wonder if you guys got any information on soft launch.  Maybe I am being silly here but I've seen certain things that make me think soft launch might come this year.  Maybe that's the october thing.  Maybe not, maybe they are still too far away, who knows! 

soft launching an alpha with a quarter of it's planned archetypes and almost none of any of the systems promised? this isn't No Man's Sky.