Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

triple monitor display support

Kalus_Konkwest

hey folks,

i'm planning to eventually buy a new pc with the aim of it supporting three monitors. the three monitors in question would be a central 43" 4k UHD display with two 40" 1080p displays on either side of it. i am interested in sorting out what the best hardware configuration would be to support use of all 3 screens. the plan is to sometimes use them as a unified landscape display across all 3 and sometimes use them separately as individual monitors with different things up on each (the central main one probably mostly used for gaming). i had considered dual nvidia GTX 1070s with SLI but have been told that in actual use the differing resolutions would cause more problems than having one card for the 4k and one for the two 1080p. what would be the best setup to make this arrangement work well?

thanks for your time and consideration.

• 2 months later...

I never ended up going with a triple monitor setup. I imagine you are looking for the full 3 monitor look around view. But I feel CF won't really support that properly until 2 or so years after they release it. 

For me, I like to just use one screen for my game in window mode and the other(s) for web pages, chat, whatever.

I hope to move to a 1070 x1 from my 780 GTX Poseidon x 2.

21:9 and 24:10 setups are probably going to be taking over here in the near future. I'd rather see 2nd screen support for menus and chats.

I never ended up going with a triple monitor setup. I imagine you are looking for the full 3 monitor look around view. But I feel CF won't really support that properly until 2 or so years after they release it. 

For me, I like to just use one screen for my game in window mode and the other(s) for web pages, chat, whatever.

I hope to move to a 1070 x1 from my 780 GTX Poseidon x 2.

This is normally what I go for as well, 2 monitors, one for gaming and one for support.

I think three is overkill, just for Crowfall that is. If you have uses for the monitors in other contexts then go for it, I unfortunately cannot help with the specifications.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder