Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FLA Founders Program (Limited Space!)

Keaggan

FLA Founders Program

Eternal Kingdoms are a great place to visit while not in a campaign, are a safe place to RP with others, to trade or sell your crafted good and resources along with participating in short term PvP events! The Free Lands of Azure or FLA, have been a prominent figure in the EK landscape and a very active member of the community in general. It's founders have strove to be very supportive of the Crowfall community by working with as many groups and individuals as we could.

There is a number of avenues our founders have explored and tried to grow.

• From establishing the Crowfall Discord for which over 350 of you have supported so far (THANK YOU!)
  • Gaining a license and making amazing shirts. Noc you are a beast!
  • Ran a fundraiser to support a fellow community member.
  • Been featured in the ace News letter just like other active communities and guilds.
  • Have collaborated with other community sites and programs.

With the exciting recent news from Ace that we can redeem a number of items from our pledges we felt it was a perfect time to open up our first wave land ownership. If you haven't read our mission statement yet we are not a guild, but a community first EK. By looking at our first draft map you can see we will support lots of play styles.

FLA_MAP.jpg

But where do you fit in? Well like we said earlier we are opening up a limited amount of real estate as part of our Founders Program. Having a center piece to an EK is always a great idea. To this end I am personally pledging my Mountain Citadel to this program. While that in of itself would be an amazing place for the Free City to handle commerce and being a social focal point, we can do better. This is where people can do more working together to accomplish something truly special. What will you get by becoming a Founder?

• Never pay taxes - You won't ever have to pay taxes on any land you own in the FLA. Never ever!
  • Primary Residence - Be given a Manor (a level 3 top tier estate) to call home.
  • Exclusive Neighborhood – Your home will be in the most prominent location in the capital reserved just for founders.
  • High Traffic Shops – You will also get first choice to place your shop in high traffic market place.
  • Name a Location – Making a lasting mark by naming a “borough” or “track” in either the capital city, the Savage Land out post or RP Zone central city.

You get ALL of this for becoming a FLA Founder. To make this happen there is a limited availability of only 10 reserved spots. Each person that contributes 20 VIPs (or the equivalent) will be guarantied all of the above. To make it a reality all 10 specially reserved slots must be filled.

For those that wish to contribute more for each reserved spot you fill you will receive each thing listed for each spot you contributed towards. This means you could potentially place multiple shops in several key cities, own multiple homes, and name large portions of the FLA!

Thank your for your consideration,

-FLA

PS Please PM me for the how many slots you would like and details on how to donate safely.

Do you need to own land to just visit and RP / Trade / PvP there? I wouldn't like to make a name for myself by "being the guy that said first" you know what I mean?

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Do you need to own land to just visit and RP / Trade / PvP there? I wouldn't like to make a name for myself by "being the guy that said first" you know what I mean?

No the FLA will be open to the public. However, the Founders Program gives you prime perks and benefits during the special limited time. 

To give a clue as to what we mean by an exclusive prominent "neighborhood" looking at the example below (which in only a large castle and not the Imperial Palace we are striving for) you can see special places sectioned off.

4ab9081a17.png

Imagine being part of something far grander than this!!

We still have room but this offer will only last till for 3 more days. Act fast!

*UPDATE*

Since we only have 24 hours left the Founder Program has shifted to only FOUR spots. Each special elite spot will require 1 Large Castle or the equivalent in VIPs/etc. two Spots are filled! That leaves only TWO more spots left. Hurry before they are all taken!

To give you some perspective THIS could be your new home:

aAYfeQh.jpg

Edited by Keaggan

So you plan on giving out a "prime" market spot for $300 to a player who may or may not even have the ability to supply said prime spot? So this is a position earned by money not merit? I assume one would have to wait until after the redemption period to be able to transfer said VIP?

So you plan on giving out a "prime" market spot for $300 to a player who may or may not even have the ability to supply said prime spot? So this is a position earned by money not merit? I assume one would have to wait until after the redemption period to be able to transfer said VIP?

I would hope that people donated because they believe in the project, not just for the perks. I am more interested in the fact that something like this exists than I am in whether or not someone got some sort of virtual advantage out of it. In a game where everything is so isolated and impermanent, a communal place to gather will be necessary. For me this is that place.

I would hope that people donated because they believe in the project, not just for the perks. I am more interested in the fact that something like this exists than I am in whether or not someone got some sort of virtual advantage out of it. In a game where everything is so isolated and impermanent, a communal place to gather will be necessary. For me this is that place.

Maybe I'm just cynical. I'm not so worried about people who want to donate, I'm a little more concerned with why the founder/organizer feels they need $300 from strangers for a place that is supposed to be about community.

Edited by Verot

I really LOVE the idea of the FLA and I'm really hoping it works out especially as a way to bring the roleplayers in to the wider community. I was kind of pinning my hopes on it being the rp hub.

Having said that - and I hope this isnt taken as too harsh a criticism - I really can't see the need for a 300 dollar donation to the cause. I cant even see that many guilds would ask that of their most fanatical members. I think it would help to be a bit transparent on that - Please persuade me its not a cashgrab cos you guys want a citadel or something. What is it for?  :huh:

Most of the people currently reading the forums are backers and we have already invested in land / castles etc so all we look for is a place to place them and friendly neighbours, right?

Wouldn't it be better to ask founders to commit their EKs to your effort as a way of ensuring healthy growth? I think its reasonable to ask for a commitment of intent to place our Eks with yours.. but Im a wee bit sceptical of the idea of giving my VIPs to other gamers. It has a bit of a eve-onliney metagaming whiff tbh.

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

The payment is for Exclusivity. Assuming that FLA is fully successful, anyone that has their stores/structures placed within this EK will be at the center of trade.

It's like paying a premium spot to put up your business stand in the middle of New York. (Lots of people to visit.)

Or you can put your business stand in your backyard for free. (Friends, family and maybe a stranger or two pass by.)

**UPDATE**

The founders program was a success! The FLA capital city just got a massive upgrade. The added space and function of the Imperial Palace will allow us to reach more of our goals.

Side to some of the posts, the FLA is a community based EK not guild run. So as we do other promotions to give more people or guilds an opportunity to collaborate with us keep in mind everything we are building follows that charter.

Thanks again for everyone support! EK testing can't come soon enough :D

-Keaggan

Was this for the person who had a fire destroy all of his equipment?

I hope FLA isn't trying to take claim for the fire fundraiser, that was run by someone else.  Seeing how they are scamming people for money maybe they are trying to take credit for it.

Since no one else is going to say it, I'll say it. (I'm covering the Guild fare too since it's related to this community)

The guild Fare

We all know of the guild fare that was hosted on the just recently on the 27th. The unofficial discord channel is moderated by pretty much the FLA group. Everyone seems to think it was some kind of success but for others it was actually a huge nuisance. I know that me and a few other guild groups had a large group of people jumping around from channel to channel and screaming as loud as they could into their mic while conversations were going on just to bother them. Sometimes they were even shouting obscenities. This happened multiple times throughout the afternoon even after I asked Keaggen to do something about it, it kept happening until later in the evening. At best a handful of people that were actually looking for a guild showed up, a majority of the people there were already guilded. I would not attend this type of event again unless actual Crowfall staff was handling it.

FLA Itself

What does this tell me? FLA has very poor moderation. One of the leading members in that group is someone called Nocturnal Demise,  @wormboy, I think that's who you were referring to for the fire fundraiser but this and that are two different things. It's pretty much Just Serrated that's in that group right now last I checked, and their guild leader is one of the admins that promote the FLA. Yea they'll probably tell you they won't abuse their power and whatnot but lets be real here, this is the internet, favorites are going to be played, and people are gonna take sides especially for people who tossed money at them.

IMO this isn't really a cashgrab or a scam, it's an idea that you have to buy into to get anything out of it. Just don't expect that anything to be any good.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

I would like to address this from my point of view if I may? (As someone who donated)

Initially when I heard this plan I thought "Good idea, but kind of steep price wise".

Then I remembered all the games in the past where the main complaint seemed to be "Game isn't very social" or "Guilds keep to themselves and don't interact."

The main issue I found with these complaints is that not many people seemed to make the effort, and it became a domino effect. 

I do not know Noc or Keaggan very well, only spoken briefly to them in chat, but it looks like they are making the effort for something bigger socially for this game.

After considering the price and possible outcomes, I decided to donate.

Now this could all fall apart. As I told Keaggan "You could run off to Jamacia" hence the leaving joke earlier.

But my donation will reserve me a spot that may pay off later, and this interests me as a crafter/trader type player.

With so many people that have castles and even palaces, it could be a bunch of wastelands with no interaction at all, but seeing what they have tried to do previously I felt it was worth the risk.

It's so early in this game development that I have no idea if this will work out....but I lived in Vegas for many years and tend to gamble on stranger things.    :)

tl;dr I took a chance on the people running the idea, and hope things work out.

Full disclosure: Recently I apped and was accepted into <Serrated> but this had no bearing on my mindset with this donation.

OS_Sig3.png