Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keaggan

FLA Founders Program (Limited Space!)

When people ask you to give them money then start buying stuff to benefit themselves it becomes questionable.  I'd rather see someone do something like this without asking for money.  What purpose does collecting money from people serve besides being able to improve that person's own personal settings.  

When people ask you to give them money then start buying stuff to benefit themselves it becomes questionable.  I'd rather see someone do something like this without asking for money.  What purpose does collecting money from people serve besides being able to improve that person's own personal settings.  

In this case, it was to secure a spot within an Imperial Palace. 

I do not disagree with you, just mentioning what the purpose was as it is explained to me.

OS_Sig3.png

The major problem I see with this entire situation is that EK impact on the "real" game is going to be minor. Import/Export rules are limited even in the outer bands, there is a screenshot from the devs that shows the outermost band allowing you to import only the items you have equipped. Will this change? Maybe. I have a hard time justifying giving up $300 for a "prime" market place when that market can only be used to affect the EK and not to a greater degree the CW. 

Also, there is a giant risk in giving up your VIP to another individual when the mechanics of the EK are far from finalized. You also ignore the fact that if the perception of FLA becomes that it is in fact nothing but a cash grab, that another group could just as easily form a community hub. Now you are out $300 worth of virtual goods with nothing to show for it.

While I don't think that imperial palaces are going to be rampant comes launch, the recent redemption program has significantly reduced the exclusivity of that particular resource. I know of guilds which have access to multiple IPs and MCs. There are plenty of resources out there and I think it was in extremely poor taste for a group to "require" a VIP donation for a "prime" spot. Even bigger than the donation requirement is the fact that a community hub would be willing to sell a prime spot with not verification that the person who is taking that prime location will be able to adequately supply it. If all of the prime spots are filled with people who are incapable of supplying the market then what point does the market serve?

Edited by Verot

Its one thing if you volunteer to place your MC/IP in the FLA hub, because if the hub goes to poo then at least you can pick up your stronghold and take it elsewhere. If you give up your VIP you are left swinging in the wind.

In this case, it was to secure a spot within an Imperial Palace. 

I do not disagree with you, just mentioning what the purpose was as it is explained to me.

I'm sure it sounds great in theory, but as verot stated there is no guarantee the people buying in can supply the community with the resources it needs to flourish.  Another problem I have is asking people to buy into a system this early.  I doubt you are guaranteed your money back if the EK system changes or if FLA falls apart before launch.  What I see from my point of view is a group of people just bought someone an imperial palace.

I'm more than happy to take donations to upgrade my package if anyone wants to toss money around.  

Haters gonna hate.

If Keagan wants to snatch up Imperial Palaces through promises, Gordon doesn't care. PLAY TO CRUSH.

Just kidding, if he cares he'll disable gifting.

I am jealous I didn't think of a way to get people to toss VIP at me.  There's still time before launch for me to come up with something isn't there?

There are other players that want to do something like this without asking for RL $.  For instance, this is my goal.  From an RP slant, I want to run a backwaters trading hub.  The EK (or multiple EKs joined together) will not have a citadel or palace; the largest structure being a castle, already purchased.  I personally am looking for a community that any person from any guild can be a part of.

I don't see a whole lot of guilded players having an interest in my EK, because they will be focused on their guild EK, but for the lone wolf, or more social players my EK and other EKs will be social hot spots.  I am interested in specific RP events that happen 1 or 2 times a year and bring the community together.  So we do a Christmas event, or a spring event etc., and we have something unique for each month so there is always something fun going on.

*Going a tad off topic* - This is where we are already seeing emergent gameplay.  Two similar ideas being carried out in different ways, and the community is already choosing sides.

Edited by Mazon

Since no one else is going to say it, I'll say it. (I'm covering the Guild fare too since it's related to this community)

The guild Fare

Everyone seems to think it was some kind of success but for others it was actually a huge nuisance. I know that me and a few other guild groups had a large group of people jumping around from channel to channel and screaming as loud as they could into their mic while conversations were going on just to bother them. Sometimes they were even shouting obscenities. This happened multiple times throughout the afternoon even after I asked Keaggen to do something about it, it kept happening until later in the evening. At best a handful of people that were actually looking for a guild showed up, a majority of the people there were already guilded. I would not attend this type of event again unless actual Crowfall staff was handling it.

Hilarious. TBH, the only thing I noticed was flooding Discord with a bunch of new channel names. I'm sure this is just the first dry run. Closer to launch, they'll have another one. It'll probably be more successful.

I am jealous I didn't think of a way to get people to toss VIP at me.  There's still time before launch for me to come up with something isn't there?

Primal has over 100, ask him -- oh wait....

What really bothers me is that FLA stole/improved upon my idea. I was a little more upfront but they were more successful.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8298-castle-crafter-conglomerate/

You should have asked for more money.  People seem to throw money at things that are more expensive because of the illusion of quality.

You should have asked for more money.  People seem to throw money at things that are more expensive because of the illusion of quality.

I suppose you are right, I only asked for $25, they went straight for $300. I should have set my sights a little higher, then I could be rolling in all of that sweet sweet VIP. To be honest though I'm guessing there were not too many people who bit on the idea, as they dropped the number from 10 to 4, and the one person who did acknowledge biting (puts on tin foil hat) just so happens to be a serrated member.

Edited by Verot

I suppose you are right, I only asked for $25, they went straight for $300. I should have set my sights a little higher, then I could be rolling in all of that sweet sweet VIP. To be honest though I'm guessing there were not too many people who bit on the idea, as they dropped the number from 10 to 4, and the one person who did acknowledge biting (puts on tin foil hat) just so happens to be a serrated member.

Don't you think it's odd it had to be 10 spots filled for it to work then dropped it to only 4 right before the CF special was about to expire?

Regarding myself..I am technically an app not a member. (I do not in any way speak for them or the membership)

And yes, I tend to be a sucker and a softie..the difference to me was the things he (Keaggan) has done so far before asking for money.

Again, I realize it could all blow up and be a huge waste...but I took a shot.

OS_Sig3.png

Regarding myself..I am technically an app not a member. (I do not in any way speak for them or the membership)

And yes, I tend to be a sucker and a softie..the difference to me was the things he (Keaggan) has done so far before asking for money.

Again, I realize it could all blow up and be a huge waste...but I took a shot.

I suppose that is a fair justification, but let me follow up. What was done before asking for money?

I suppose that is a fair justification, but let me follow up. What was done before asking for money?

For me it was some of the things listed by FLA:

• From establishing the Crowfall Discord for which over 350 of you have supported so far (THANK YOU!)
  • Gaining a license and making amazing shirts. Noc you are a beast!
  • Ran a fundraiser to support a fellow community member.
  • Been featured in the ace News letter just like other active communities and guilds.
  • Have collaborated with other community sites and programs.

They have also given away packages in contests on Discord and on Forums.

I guess it was just the initiative that I liked, and hoped would spread. (This early on trying to create something from nothing)

Hope that makes sense?

OS_Sig3.png

Honestly, I don't think it really matters.

If people were comfortable enough paying money upfront to support the cause then that is up to them.  It's their money.

If people don't support the idea/tactic then they don't have to support the FLA EK by visiting and trading within.

There are definitely going to be other guilds who will be trying to establish their own EK as a central trade hub so there should be a good amount of alternative options available.

-fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats