Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Myrmidon in Action: Official Discussion Thread

You can really see that ACE gets better and better with bringing archetypes to life with each new one.  We've come a long way since the initial ones. 

I think personally the only thing I didn't like was that the myrmidon was running around like a charr, but that's just personal preference at play.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

How hard is it to line up a ~2s cast window with a giant countdown timer on your screen? I guess it may be more difficult with the lag currently. Most of the difficulty is gonna be from making sure pulverize isn't actually on cooldown when crash ends, which I think people will get used to fairly quickly. Basically I get more skeptical every time you claim how skillful avoiding crash actually is, will have to see when he's available.

It seems to me the real burden of skill is on his opponents to stun the myrmidon out of pulverize at the perfect time so that he takes the crash damage, which is really cool.

On behalf of the knights, let me just say "I'll be over here in the corner crying."   

Myrm has more utility and more dps in the video.  Mitigation may be more challenging, but there are two and half ways of accomplishing that, so players will get the hang of it.

Each archetype you release does seem to overpower the previous archetypes.  Part of that is access to more tools, I'm sure.  But at some point before release you're going to have to do a balance pass on the outdated archetypes.

On behalf of the knights, let me just say "I'll be over here in the corner crying."   

Myrm has more utility and more dps in the video.  Mitigation may be more challenging, but there are two and half ways of accomplishing that, so players will get the hang of it.

Each archetype you release does seem to overpower the previous archetypes.  Part of that is access to more tools, I'm sure.  But at some point before release you're going to have to do a balance pass on the outdated archetypes.

Or a complete revamp.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I don't know how much of the current kits for each base archetype they intend to keep, but I am curious how much they might change them when they make new passes at the old archetypes. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm not around much anymore, but they initially said that they were going to introduce a number of different types of attacks that they could apply to a number of different classes, but limited to a single class at a time.  This would allow them to evaluate the attacks and balance them easier later on down the road.

I feel bad for being so pessimistic but to me the Myrmidon seems like the Champion ...

I don't see it. The Myrm is clearly faster and more agile to me then the slower lumbering Champion. Maybe like above its the animations and the speed as the Myrm was made from the ground up with root motions in mind but yeah to me the only thing similar is the relative large physical size compared to other archetypes.

Hrmm, so kind of an important question here... how do we know when the beserker crash is coming if you are fighting against a myrmidon? Yea I can count 15 seconds from when I see the animation goes off but thats not likely to happen -_-. its got a 20 second CD with a 15 second uptime. Is the only way to kill him for a a couple of lucky stray stuns or suppression to hit him right when it's about to end? When I look at an opponents debuffs and buffs, it's usually really cluttered together and I don't remember a timer being on them.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President