Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Galaxy Orphans

For anyone who ventures in here who is an alumni like me from SWG, it turns out a pretty solid guild is forming here (no name yet but soon!).  We're crafting enthusiasts (and I'm a former city mayor/entertainer/droid crafter) and excited about other aspects of the game, and while PvP is a big part of that, it's simply not like the be-all, end-all for us.  We're more interesting in building than destroying ;).  All the same, it's the sandbox elements that drew us to Crowfall and if you're looking for someplace and it sounds like you're on the same page as us, feel free to stop by and say hi!

There are a lot of guilds who have pre-built infrastructures from prior games, too.  We're building that foundation from the ground up here, and all pretty much new friends because of the allure of Crowfall.

Jump to lightspeed.  Chewie, hit it!

Edit: Our guild shifted into a newer one, link below in my sig!

Edited by seventhbeacon

Smuggling and bounty hunting, I can't wait!!! Good luck on your recruitment, you're gonna need to name that unnamed group sometime soon lol

We're just about done with the process!  We went with a Thunderdome/Hunger Games sort of approach. 64 names entered, only 1 will leave!  Some of them were just joke names for the lolz,  but shockingly, Moon Moon Brigade has made it to round 3 >.<

• 1 month later...

SWG was by far my favorite MMO to date. I played a rodian smuggler. I wil never forget when I joined my first guild going into a player built town and having a sit down interview with the guild leader in his office. I had such a good time with the game.

God i miss SWG I was the first person to be able to make guild halls on my server at launch. I cant wate to do things like that again. making homes for people and furnings for them was my lifes calling that game. *when my cammando wasnt melting faces with his flamthrower of doom* I might be down for joining this little group of you'res. By the way who els hatted the combat rebuf and quit after thay changed the game to star wow? *hand raised*

Hi All, 

I m an old SWG Veteran and would definitely be interested in a Guild of SWG fans. Look forward to see how this game develops.

Would be nice to see. I found many who are hear are former SWG players just ask around you'll find some groups with many SWG members floating around.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is a great idea, you guys starting an SWG Veteran-centric guild, and I wish you all the best of luck!

Sindyr Ibn Tophius
Co Founder - Elder Moot

I think it is a great idea, you guys starting an SWG Veteran-centric guild, and I wish you all the best of luck!

We take all sorts! SWG, etc. I'd even welcome some Shadowbane vets, but most of those still seem to be in guilds huddled around player-made servers, keeping that fire lit! Not unlike die-hard SWG fandom, actually!

I think the true testament of a game's impact and special nature is not the number of players, but the dedication of fans that keep it alive long since the company has shuttered the game's doors.

• 4 weeks later...

I played SWG for 8 years officially, and unofficially in the emu off and on since then. I'm in seventhbeacon's guild, and there are definitely quite a few other SWG vets there.

I'm really hoping that Raph Koster's deep involvement from the get-go with Crowfall bodes well for SWG-ish systems making it into the game.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Don't get your hopes up. Crowfall doesn't have the footprint to support even half of what Galaxies offered. And that's before considering the meltdown by 'hardcore' pvp'ers if AC tried to bring in more virtual world / social elements. Crowfall will be a fun combat game with a cool crafting system. Maybe in a few years they could roll out an expansion that expands the game, but these things are *expensive* to do.

eEvERiW.jpg