Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gender Advantage / Customizations

It is common that some games  makes girl-characters even stronger than men. In 'Dračák' which may be probably translated as Dragon Quest (I am unsure) they have for example that ability to amuse men. This will allow them to pass better around guard and still have equal stats to their men characters.

All falls to question whether they do have some advantage in the Crowfall? And if there is customizations, what bonuses / relative minuses would you like to see?

I expect that girl-characters will have f. e. smaller hitbox. You can't make girl as big as man, thus girls will be surely harder to hit (champion especially). Easily, adding vitality or constitution to men would balance this thing.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I agree with IAmMe, maybe if you are heavily into immersion I guess I understand why you would want it, but you'd also have to give men a benefit as well. I think it'd be better left alone personally.

Edited by Zimm

Of course game must stay balanced but woman are naturaly thinner. It is why India hires only women to be their flight attendants. They save millions and ACE can't make woman champion to be as thick as man.

Edited by ChosenOfCastle

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Of course game must stay balanced but woman are naturaly thinner. It is why India hires only women to be their flight attendants. They save millions and ACE can't make woman champion to be as thick as man.

You sir, are a sexist idiot; and have also not looked at concept art.

Female champions are just as big as male.  They also swing equally hard.

Women at the Olympic level generally perform to 90% of what men do. Hence, there is an overall physical advantage to men in almost every category (it's 3am, I am not getting specific, do your own research - it's there). So, really... There is no advantage to being smaller and weaker in up close combat... Realistically.

Maybe from a survival stand point you will live longer, burn less... Maybe? Idk. Please no. We don't need to get that specific with gender. Let's just keep the male/female stats the same.

It's not worth it for ACE to spend resources making genders not equal.  Nor is it worth it to deal with the backlash if they did make such a design choice.  Within each archetype it is best that they leave male and female characters with the same hitbox sizes and everything else and just let the gender of the character be a purely cosmetic preference. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Most games allow us to SWIM in full plate, chain, and cloth/leather armor.  My guess is any "gender" based issues don't even register on the scale of "immersion breaking".

Equalizing stat attributes across gender models simply makes sense.  Particularly if you aren't a Turnip growing in someone's basement nowadays and see the news where someone incited a Riot because someone else called them "girlie".

News at 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Obb1oBIQFU

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Yeah they are trying to make Crowfall as open to players as possible so they wouldn't make one gender more powerful than another. Even hitboxes I'm sure will remain the same for the most part. Plus a lot of archetypes are "gender neutral" anyways. Put simply I think the only difference between male and female characters will be the facial options you can choose from and a body type variation.