Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolster50

Forts and Castles Greybox Updated

Does anybody know if the Castle walls and towers are higher then the Fort walls and towers?

It's difficult to compare from the pictures.

The Castle towers look more substantial.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Cant wait to see what a castle and citadel look like

I too am curious if the citadel and palace kits both use the castle wall models (just more of them) with a custom center building.  For the price tag though I'm hoping to see something a bit more unique.

rSHxVEY.gif

So hypothetically we should just be able to buy the "castle building" (the main one with all the tall towers and throne room and stuff) separately for the rest of the set correct? So instead of paying the $800 or whatever for the full set we could pay say $100 for just that piece?

So hypothetically we should just be able to buy the "castle building" (the main one with all the tall towers and throne room and stuff) separately for the rest of the set correct? So instead of paying the $800 or whatever for the full set we could pay say $100 for just that piece?

I bet the "castle building" will be the most expensive part. That is the part people will want so they can have more functional buildings such as shops. I doubt people will pay much for walls once they are separated out. Of what use will walls be in safezone EKs?

IhhQKY6.gif

I bet the "castle building" will be the most expensive part. That is the part people will want so they can have more functional buildings such as shops. I doubt people will pay much for walls once they are separated out. Of what use will walls be in safezone EKs?

The parcel its self needs to cost a pretty penny because you'll need a parcel that has space to put all the buildings.

The parcel its self needs to cost a pretty penny because you'll need a parcel that has space to put all the buildings.

Yep. Whatever it is you need in order to qualify for the useful stuff (shops, forges, reliquaries). Anything that amounts to "just a decoration" will not sell as well.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Yeah I'm with you, I don't really care about parcel size or the other pieces. And since I already have a large keep, I'd ideally just replace the great hall (or whatever it's called) with the main castle piece instead.

My first thought was how tall those castle towers are, at least over 25m high.

The round towers are 30m. The castles main tower is roundabout 120m.

scX4EjE.jpg

Yeah I'm with you, I don't really care about parcel size or the other pieces. And since I already have a large keep, I'd ideally just replace the great hall (or whatever it's called) with the main castle piece instead.

I guess we won't be able to place castle main buildings (city parcel throne hall) on a keeps parcel (town parcel). At least not the whole thing.

I guess we won't be able to place castle main buildings (city parcel throne hall) on a keeps parcel (town parcel). At least not the whole thing.

Oh seriously? That's kinda lame. When they said all the pieces would be individual I thought that meant we could now just place any building piece in any parcel as long as we had space. So even something like the castle main piece could be placed on a small parcel if there was nothing else in the way.

Oh seriously? That's kinda lame. When they said all the pieces would be individual I thought that meant we could now just place any building piece in any parcel as long as we had space. So even something like the castle main piece could be placed on a small parcel if there was nothing else in the way.

Why should we have things like shire/town/capitol parcels if their main buildings can be placed everywhere? I think we can place the smaller ones on the higher parcels. But not necessarily vice versa. Big bad mountain citadel doesn't make too much sense on a little shire glade. And i remember something about weight restrictions. But who knows. I'm just guessing.

Weight restrictions?! Dang. I was planning to stack my walls and make a tall tower spire all on one parcel. :(

Ugh, still debating what if I should stick with a Small Castle or go crazy and get a Mountain Citadel. (Few days left~)

Weight restrictions?! Dang. I was planning to stack my walls and make a tall tower spire all on one parcel. :(

Ugh, still debating what if I should stick with a Small Castle or go crazy and get a Mountain Citadel. (Few days left~)

Have they said anything about being able to stack?  I don't see the stacking of walls as a viable option with the current system I've seen.  Where I see more creativity is in using lakes and hills to create elevation changes where we could have towers up on hills and villages down below; but I don't think we will be able to stack anything like you would with a Lego set.

Also with the direction they are taking on parcels, my take is that with a castle parcel we just get 6 free cells of area to build on.  If we had two 3 cell parcels, then that totals 6 and would hold the same amount as a castle.  The mountain citadel and Imperial palace are different because they require different terrain.  I just want to put all my parcels together, and then figure out how to layout my castle/village.  It would be poor game design if they limited our castles to only a "castle" parcel, and it would severely hinder friends being able to place items in another players EK.

Shire parcel to me, just means it's a 3 cell parcel shaped like an "L", where a town parcel is 4 cells shaped like a "T".  Based on this progression my guess is the capital parcel is a simple 2x4 celled parcel.

lUvvzPy.png

Have they said anything about being able to stack?  I don't see the stacking of walls as a viable option with the current system I've seen.  Where I see more creativity is in using lakes and hills to create elevation changes where we could have towers up on hills and villages down below; but I don't think we will be able to stack anything like you would with a Lego set.

I wasn't serious in stacking all my walls in one tiny parcel and having my Citadel on top! XD