Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baerin

Reticle Aim

When drawing an arrow it's difficult to see past the reticle. So I see two possible solutions. Either move the camera more to one side, so it's further away from the player. Or reduce the reticle to more of a pin point, similar to GTA.

I also would like the option to turn the reticle off. I did this in Skyrim and except for the furthest shots, learning to shoot without the it greatly improved my accuracy. I could feel where my shot would go, rather consciously trying to line it up.

What do you guys think about the reticle/aiming as a ranger in its current state?

I was going to post a seperate topic for projectile speed, but it may as well go here. As it is I think arrows are way too slow and it feels more like Minecraft arrows than anything. I would prefer they were much faster.

Examples of good action based archery are Vindictus and Black Desert. Both have assisted aiming and unnatural acrobatics which I do not want! But also have really good implementations of projectile speed and aim camera handling. 

Vindictus doesn't have a reticle at all and your arrows leave a light white trail. Black Desert also uses the arrow trail, but the reticle turns red when you're aiming at something and that hides it pretty well. 

Vindictus Example Gif

VinKai_zpsof3ejley.gif

Black Desert Example Gif

BDORanger_zpskruwzx1h.gif

Edited by baerin

Not sure what Vindictus uses, but BDO has a soft lock of sorts making it easier to land attacks. The hitboxes on the arrows for the ranger are so narrow and the aim assistance non-existent, that I feel "reticleless" aiming isn't really a possibility.

Edited by helix

I prefer reticle aiming but I wish it would change colour depending whether it has a friend or foe in view.

I agree the arrows could do with speeding up slightly but the biggest improvement would be longer range.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Distance is my top concern, particularly with elevation and decay, it would be much better if they used a totally different targeting method that facilitates friendly fire though.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I like the way blizzard did it with hanzo. That would also help if projectiles are affected by gravity(not sure they are or will ever be)

Yeah but can you imagine if you had to deal 50k dmg to kill someone on Hanzo? That would be hell.

Agreed. I suggested this back a couple months ago. Not to mention it's hard to aim AOE ground targets at max distance. Just move the reticle up a bit and all problems are fixed.

Blackfire1's New Players Guide to Beta Testing
*This message was delivered by a lowly minion. Please return minion back to sender in original condition. Minion is expensive to replace. Minion is not a cup holder. Please do not stick minion into a blender or microwave. Minion inc. is not responsible for damages to said kitchen appliance(s). Do not Pass go with Minion. Do not give Minion $200.00. Thank You.*

Not sure what Vindictus uses, but BDO has a soft lock of sorts making it easier to land attacks. The hitboxes on the arrows for the ranger are so narrow and the aim assistance non-existent, that I feel "reticleless" aiming isn't really a possibility.

If I remember right (is very long since I played vindictus, so I might not be) it had some soft-locking as well, one that was actually more aggressive than BDO.

Edited by Gummiel