Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parcels versus strongholds

jcr592

Hi, I've looked for an answer to this but time is a wasting until Sept 1st.  With my trade ins I can get about 250$, a small castle if I'd like.  As awesome as they look, for that price I can also get a Medium Keep, Large Fort, and 4 Small Forts which combine to 19 parcels (or 24 you'd get with 8 small forts) versus the six you get with a castle of any size.  My thought is that parcels will be more useful than the one larger building.  Am I missing something in the huge parcel difference that the smaller strongholds offer over the large ones?  Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Both the small castle and your many-parcel-collection should support about the same number of players (should be roundabout 40). With the small castle you can have everything in the same place. With your construction you will have to run from parcel to parcel. So it's mostly a question of how much time you (don't) want to spend for just running around to get somewhere.

Besides, it would make sense if some building types would be restricted to stronghold parcels that are big enough. So may be you won't be able to build a "large super forge" on a shire parcel. And last not least you get a better title if you have a better stronghold. A castle for example makes you a Baron/Baroness.

The major disadvantage of larger stronghold parcels is that they increase the maintenance cost of existing buildings.

So, if you just want to fill your kingdom, more smaller parcels can be usefull. If you want to build a hub or something like that one bigger stronghold might be better.

Hi, I've looked for an answer to this but time is a wasting until Sept 1st.  With my trade ins I can get about 250$, a small castle if I'd like.  As awesome as they look, for that price I can also get a Medium Keep, Large Fort, and 4 Small Forts which combine to 19 parcels (or 24 you'd get with 8 small forts) versus the six you get with a castle of any size.  My thought is that parcels will be more useful than the one larger building.  Am I missing something in the huge parcel difference that the smaller strongholds offer over the large ones?  Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed.

I think you are right. Parcels allow you to place more building plus you will be able to use the land for other activities. Like a large PvP area.

Looking for a casual guild ...

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Both the small castle and your many-parcel-collection should support about the same number of players (should be roundabout 40). With the small castle you can have everything in the same place. With your construction you will have to run from parcel to parcel. So it's mostly a question of how much time you (don't) want to spend for just running around to get somewhere.

Besides, it would make sense if some building types would be restricted to stronghold parcels that are big enough. So may be you won't be able to build a "large super forge" on a shire parcel. And last not least you get a better title if you have a better stronghold. A castle for example makes you a Baron/Baroness.

The major disadvantage of larger stronghold parcels is that they increase the maintenance cost of existing buildings.

So, if you just want to fill your kingdom, more smaller parcels can be usefull. If you want to build a hub or something like that one bigger stronghold might be better.

I'm not convinced yet that we won't be able to place any build on any parcel.  Limiting us to just a "castle" parcel when placing a large hall goes against the modular idea.  From a technical standpoint I would like to know if we will be able to build across parcel lines, i.e. straddle a building on 2 different parcels at the same time.  If the parcels act as an on/off switch that allows for building then I firmly believe we will be able to build anywhere.

They have said that our new EKs are 20 x 20 cells large (total of 400 cells), so do we start out with an EK that is 400 cells large where we are able to run across the empty land, or do we only start with 1 cell and have to build out from that cell?  Everything they have shown us to date makes me think we will have 400 cells of available space when we enter our EK, but we won't be able to build on any cell unless it is "activated" by placing a parcel.

More to the OP's question, here is my advice; if you are part of a guild, and your guild has enough parcels to cover a single EK then I would get the best building possible.  If you are a single player, with no guild, and you want to build a sprawling EK, then I would balance between the small items (small fort/keep/castle) to maximize the parcels you are getting with each building.

lUvvzPy.png

From what I understand, each parcel will have so many building points it can support.  A Throneroom might be 10 points, while a Great Hall might be 4 points, and a Blacksmith might be 2 points.

Capital parcels will fit more expensive buildings than Farmland parcels.

From a technical standpoint I would like to know if we will be able to build across parcel lines, i.e. straddle a building on 2 different parcels at the same time.

They have said that our new EKs are 20 x 20 cells large (total of 400 cells), so do we start out with an EK that is 400 cells large where we are able to run across the empty land, or do we only start with 1 cell and have to build out from that cell?

After yesterday's news announcement I am updating my answers.  I now can see that we won't be able to build across 2 parcels, however from the article we should be able to place a building on any parcel, not just the parcel package it came with.

Also after looking at some of the older information it does look like we start with 1 cell in the middle of our EK and then build out from there.  However that is based on older pictures of the EK module, so that could still change, or it could be a result of not showing the full terrain, but just showing the parcels that have been placed.

lUvvzPy.png

From what I understand, each parcel will have so many building points it can support.  A Throneroom might be 10 points, while a Great Hall might be 4 points, and a Blacksmith might be 2 points.

Capital parcels will fit more expensive buildings than Farmland parcels.

interesting where did you see this?