Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraahk

Stronghold Comparison and Overview

New: Comparison of redeemable wall parts of all strongholds in BigWorld 4.6. Link

To anyone who is wondering about how big strongholds will be in the campaign worlds or eternal kingdoms or how big they are compared to each other, this comparison might be a little help.

If you think that some measures won't be right, then, then ... well, then you are probably right. xD But they should be good enough to get a general idea. Anyhow, feel free to share your calculations, questions and filthy vituperations if you want to. ;)

zhPXCV4.jpg

Possible measures on a basic map, based on above numbers.

zDyWtij.jpg

See some other details in my Worlds Parcel Comparison Thread.

edit 16-09-05: adjusted to new informations about big castles/capitol parces/supported players

edit 16-09-08: new citadel parcel. added number of parcel cells and adjacent cells.

edit 16-09-15: new palace parcel, indicating the scale of the palace and palace walls.

edit 16-11-16: number of supported players/shops adjusted to new shop informations

edit 17-03-28: --> redeemable wall parts, as of BigWorld 4.6

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It seems like buying the Small category for any tier looks better. I'm still assuming that the only part that actually works with the Upgrade is the main piece. Buying the smaller piece just seems to give more over all. (Unless you're lazy as heck to farm resources.)

I'm planning to buy 1 Small Castle and 10-20 Forts. Think it's a good investment? If anything, I could Layaway a Mountain Citadel, but I'm still concerned that having a MCitadel would just be a pointless waste. It'll look good, but it'll be empty.

EDIT: I'm dumb. Larger Fort/Keep seems to give way more. Small Castle on the other hand looks like the best bet out of the Castles.

Edited by Sephyxia

At least they give you much more land and wall pieces and a goal to pursue -- upgrading the main buildings.

My first thought during the kickstarter was: Yes, i will build a community hub for my country. So i need to have at least one capitol as a centre. The bigger, the better. Forts don't help to build a centre (you are looking for a smith? well, thats 4 kilometers in this direction then.). But their walls are surely nice to outline city districts. I could also imagine a nice viking village on a mountain citadel parcel. As far as i can see, large keeps have the best price/supported players ratio, so they are good basic buildings to house small guilds within such a hub. I guess that more people will be able to trade in the lower tier ressources and building parts (like walls). So i would focus more on the main buildings than on things like walls, because that will bring in more people -- and more walls.

I think a small guild would have enough with a small castle. They will have enough space and can upgrade it over time.

As a single player i would probably buy/build not more but a large keep and maybe some forts to place them in interesting kingdoms.

It's very much a question of what you want to do with those parcels and what your focus is. There is no universal answer. Except the one: What serves your needs best, that's what is good for you. And the more details we know, the more we can understand what serves us best.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Thanks for this. Have been not following Crowfall for most of the summer, just too much going on. Hopefully I can get something figured out in the next day ...

What are most people doing as far as buying/trading in parts of their pledges?

I was thinking about trying to upgrade from the 3 parcel fort to maybe a small castle by dumping some VIP time and the Collector's Edition. Still not sure exactly what I am getting ... but need to act soon. Argh!

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

If you don't use your stronghold for a guild or something larger, i would suggest to buy a medium or large keep. Remember that larger strongholds will increase the maintenance cost of your buildings.

If you want to have more time, you can redeem what you don't need anyway, just layaway a castle, and keep enough credits in your wallet. That way you can redeem or pay off your layaway later and buy or not buy possible new shop items.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It seems like the price per piece isn't very good for medium sized keeps and castles. Small is a good play-it-safe option but you do get a lot more for your money on Large version.

The unknown maintenance cost really is a conundrum. I'm imagining I can use a lot less of the total pieces to reduce the cost but I have no idea.

It seems like the price per piece isn't very good for medium sized keeps and castles. Small is a good play-it-safe option but you do get a lot more for your money on Large version.

The unknown maintenance cost really is a conundrum. I'm imagining I can use a lot less of the total pieces to reduce the cost but I have no idea.

The upkeep costs are only for additional buildings placed on/in (?) your stronghold parcel. The stronghold itself does not have a maintenance cost only the cost of other buildings. I'm assuming there will be building such as forges/tarverns/mills etc.

I'm planning to buy 1 Small Castle and 10-20 Forts. Think it's a good investment?

Wow!  Are you thinking of a return in terms of redeeming it for store credit or trading to other players?  Maybe selling to a Trusted Trader? 

I really like the concept, but it's so hard to value them right now.  I don't know which would make me kick myself harder...realizing I should have purchased several that I didn't - or - realizing that I purchased items as an investment that become worth little or nothing. 

Danke

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

The upkeep costs are only for additional buildings placed on/in (?) your stronghold parcel. The stronghold itself does not have a maintenance cost only the cost of other buildings. I'm assuming there will be building such as forges/tarverns/mills etc.

Thats one of the rare reasons, why i would try to get a bigger stronghold as a single player, so i can use a better *whatever* in it for my own.

Danke

Gern geschehen. :)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It seems like buying the Small category for any tier looks better. I'm still assuming that the only part that actually works with the Upgrade is the main piece. Buying the smaller piece just seems to give more over all. (Unless you're lazy as heck to farm resources.)

I'm planning to buy 1 Small Castle and 10-20 Forts. Think it's a good investment? If anything, I could Layaway a Mountain Citadel, but I'm still concerned that having a MCitadel would just be a pointless waste. It'll look good, but it'll be empty.

One of my concerns as well.

Right? Like I've redeemed all of my VIP and everything else to get a Mountain Citadel.

Will it just be a massive giant sucking hole of maintenance / tax fees?

My first thought during the kickstarter was: Yes, i will build a community hub for my country.

Can we please make country capitals a thing? Just one giant EK for the whole country with guild embassies, master craftsmen, and campaign criers around every corner.

Wow!  Are you thinking of a return in terms of redeeming it for store credit or trading to other players?  Maybe selling to a Trusted Trader? 

I really like the concept, but it's so hard to value them right now.  I don't know which would make me kick myself harder...realizing I should have purchased several that I didn't - or - realizing that I purchased items as an investment that become worth little or nothing. 

Well, I was thinking of using 3-5 for other people's EK's while I sit happily in my Small Castle.

The others, I was planning to trade/sell to other players and possibly to the Trusted Trader, yes. :)

I traded in my small castle and my large fort and VIPs for the Large Castle. It looks like from this I should of just gotten 3 Small castles. As we are justgoing to get the pieces for the castles right? Ill have so much more pieces to work worth if I got 3 small castles.  What do you guys think??

I'm pretty sure the castles themselves are a single piece. Definitely more pieces with 3 vs 1 kit, but not the type that will grow the core building itself.

edit:  apparently I am incorrect about not being able to tinker with the design/pieces of the core building

Edited by Slabo

Hm.

Actually, just looking at the approximates...

Large Fort > Small Fort, 152 vs 54, nearly x3 pieces for an extra 20$

Large Keep > Small Keep, 288 vs 88, nearly x3 pieces for an extra 40$ (Large 115$ vs Small 70$)

Small Castle > Large Castle, Over 900 pieces vs 533. (900 = 3x Small Castle vs 1x Large Castle)

In cost efficiency and pieces I mean. (Main piece is really negligible since it'll be upgradable.)

Mmmm... This changes a few plans. (Trying to make future investments are hard!)

Edited by Sephyxia

Hm.

Actually, just looking at the approximates...

Large Fort > Small Fort, 152 vs 54, nearly x3 pieces for an extra 20$

Large Keep > Small Keep, 288 vs 88, nearly x3 pieces for an extra 40$ (Large 115$ vs Small 70$)

Small Castle > Large Castle, Over 900 pieces vs 533. (900 = 3x Small Castle vs 1x Large Castle)

In cost efficiency and pieces I mean. (Main piece is really negligible since it'll be upgradable.)

Mmmm... This changes a few plans. (Trying to make future investments are hard!)

Depends on your needs. A large castle supports more people than a small castle.

My needs are selling these things at a later date to make back what I spent buying a KS pledge back in october 2015 for a huge mark-up...

I'm sitting at 3 Large Forts, 2 Medium Keeps, 1 Large Keep, 1 Small Castle , And another Small Castle on Layaway (just in case).

I hope I'm not making a mistake buying all these things when I could leave my account with 1 small castle, 1 large keep, 1 large fort and 1,355$ in my credits.

Definitely not enough info around to make a 100% sure decision in either direction...