Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
McTan

Citadel City

*sad trombone*

Amber packages are still in the store, but may not be available to all users; it depends on which package(s) they already have. 

And as Angelmar pointed out, that was a new change as of this morning. Those backers (me, for example) who could buy an Amber package yesterday can't do that today.

Something yet to be revealed is the extent to which we can put the EK's together. Even "logically" link them at least, with portals and such. I think calling them Eternal Kingdoms is indicative of co-habitation. In my ideal Crowfall world there will be something like 8 or 10 massive EK's per server where most of the life is. Sprawling cities filled with all the wealth of countless campaigns and powerful alliances on display.

So even with tons of architecture to put down on day one, once the sifting of power begins I think there will be competition to gain territory in the best EK's, and that will create a cycle of consumption. That's my hope at least.

Something yet to be revealed is the extent to which we can put the EK's together. Even "logically" link them at least, with portals and such. I think calling them Eternal Kingdoms is indicative of co-habitation. In my ideal Crowfall world there will be something like 8 or 10 massive EK's per server where most of the life is. Sprawling cities filled with all the wealth of countless campaigns and powerful alliances on display.

So even with tons of architecture to put down on day one, once the sifting of power begins I think there will be competition to gain territory in the best EK's, and that will create a cycle of consumption. That's my hope at least.

That sounds kind of cool. I hope a few EKs will have multiple, large guilds in them. If one guild doesn't have the parcels and structures to fill an EK, why not join up and create a big EK that might draw some trade?

That sounds kind of cool. I hope a few EKs will have multiple, large guilds in them. If one guild doesn't have the parcels and structures to fill an EK, why not join up and create a big EK that might draw some trade?

Exactly. We don't know the details about how trading and commerce will work between EK's but I get the impression we're going to be the ones building the Calpheons, Orgrimars, and Gondors of the world.

Edited by baerin

Amber packages are still in the store, but may not be available to all users; it depends on which package(s) they already have. 

And as Angelmar pointed out, that was a new change as of this morning. Those backers (me, for example) who could buy an Amber package yesterday can't do that today.

Pretty sure the vast majority of Crowfall community members could still purchase any 2016 Pledge Package until they were removed. Add me to the list of people who could still purchase any the 2016 Bundles (including the "broken" ones) before you guys removed them.

I'm not liking items just disappearing from the store like that with no explanation.. especially with all of the "hurry while they last" emails going out...

- We aren't trying to "pull a fast one" and make changes on the sly hoping that no one notices.  (ha! like that would work.)

kJscbmh.png?fb

just sayin' ...

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I don't think there's any particular evil in the silent changing of the deal. I do dislike that it creates two different classes of backers. Those who were allowed to upgrade packages using redeemed VIP and other items and those who were not allowed to do so. 

Just seems like there should have been an announcement of the change beforehand as opposed to unannounced changes.

Edited by coolwaters

Hiho

coolwaters did you buy anything from the shop? Or used a 2016 Amber Bundle? Both would trigger the shop limitation.

Because the limitation to one bundle per account was in place since the event started (or shortly after it started, I tested it the next day) for amber and above. Now it should be gold and above.

Banner-400x80.png

Those who were allowed to upgrade packages using redeemed VIP and other items and those who were not allowed to do so. 

Actually, you could buy a Ruby Pledge right now with the credits you got for redeeming stuff last week.

IhhQKY6.gif

Hiho

coolwaters did you buy anything from the shop? Or used a 2016 Amber Bundle? Both would trigger the shop limitation.

Because the limitation to one bundle per account was in place since the event started (or shortly after it started, I tested it the next day) for amber and above. Now it should be gold and above.

My point is fairly clear. That "limitation" was not there for my account (nor other similar backers) until some few days ago. I could have bought an upgraded package then. Then the deal changed. Then it changed again. The package options were removed during the sale.

Fairly positive I'm not imagining this.

Actually, you could buy a Ruby Pledge right now with the credits you got for redeeming stuff last week.

Riiiight ... I'd have loved to do that. Which is the reason I asked the questions I asked here and on our own forums.

I can buy that Ruby package now, but I couldn't 2 days ago, so I'd have to use my money and not store credit. With limited information as to how it would work I did as the devs promoted and upgraded all of my store credit to a Mountain Citadel. But there were no answers to those questions and now the Mountain Citadel I bought with those redeemed credits is no longer redeemable so I have no store credit to buy that ruby package.

So ya, if I had known to keep the store credits then you'd be right. Now we're locked in. 

I'm still trying to figure out why the Ruby package is $999 when they just cranked up the costs of all the strongholds. The Ruby package based on assets included should be valued at over $4000, so why would a person ever buy a castle out of the store when the pledge pack is priced the way it is. Maybe they are looking to capitalize on shoppers who see the prices of strongholds and then deal that the pledge package offers and want to capitalize on this "once in a life time offer".

Edited by Verot

I'm still trying to figure out why the Ruby package is $999 when they just cranked up the costs of all the strongholds. The Ruby package based on assets included should be valued at over $4000, so why would a person ever buy a castle out of the store when the pledge pack is priced the way it is. Maybe they are looking to capitalize on shoppers who see the prices of strongholds and then deal that the pledge package offers and want to capitalize on this "once in a life time offer".

Those packages are being phased out next month, so basically yes.

Absolutely! I completely agree.

I just hate giving answers that turn out to be wrong (and I feel waaaay out on a limb on some of this stuff already, thanks to the nature of crowdfunding, where you promise rewards long before a system is playable!)

If *I* was considering putting in money for a package or an asset, I would absolutely want that information, too.  Unfortunately, though, it isn't really settled yet.  

So, the way that I look at it:

- We are asking people to make a buying decision as a leap of faith,

- Since you are trusting us, you should be rewarded for that.  

- In this particular case, you're buying stuff at HUGE discount (up to 90% off retail in some cases!) 

Because you don't have all the data, we're giving you a crazy deal -- so that no matter how the data turns out, you're almost guaranteed to be happy with the purchase.  This is our way of recognizing (and rewarding) your trust, and shielding you against the inherent uncertainty.

Todd

ACE

i have faith in you guys, todd and gordon. and i'm willing to throw money at you both accordingly. you are building the game i had set my sights on doing myself and saving me a hell of a lot of time and effort.