Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 411 on strongholds - Official discussion thread

Pann

1. Will people be able to destroy buildings in my Eternal Kingdom?

Owners will have the choice or whether or not to allow PVP in their EKs. In cases where PVP is toggled on, buildings may sustain damage that needs to be repaired, but the pieces won’t be completely destroyed. Repairs will require the use of player-gathered resources and craftsmen with the appropriate skills.

Is there an advantage in allowing your EK to be damaged over leaving it safe? (Something to gain by allowing pvp?)

OS_Sig3.png

Wow, that Palace looks great! Loving the high round walls. Loving the colors in the piece as well.

Still, I prefer the Citadel. That mountain looks so amazing!

Is there an advantage in allowing your EK to be damaged over leaving it safe? (Something to gain by allowing pvp?)

Fun?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

1. Can I partner with someone else and put my parcels in their EK or can I only use them in an EK that I own and operate?

Yes, you can work with friends and guildmates, pooling your resources to build an EK together. Your parcels and buildings will still belong to you; if you choose to move them to another EK later you’ll be able to do so.

Is there a limit to this? 

Can you have 25 guildies all combining Large castles for example? Using 1000's of pieces?

OS_Sig3.png

Some may want to toggle the feature on for guild tournaments and such, and will do so with the full knowledge of the inherent risks. 

So if pvp causes damage and guilds must use time and resources to repair (I assume taking them away from storage they have saved)..the only upside is bragging rights ?

just curious

Edited by Jimbolini

OS_Sig3.png

1. What is the difference between the different strongholds (i.e. Kickstarter, 2015 and 2016)?

These are cosmetically different versions of the same building. They will be functionally identical, and take up the same footprint in game. (This is also true for things such as mounts that have different cosmetic versions but the same functionality.)

Ah, so the visual difference may very well be KS:Gold, 2015:Red, and 2016:Purple just like on the Knightmare!

...or not

That Palace... Dave, you've outdone yourself  :wub:

I have 1 question though:

With strongholds being modular, will we now be able to build strongholds wherever there is flat land in CWs, or do we still have to make strongholds out of ruins in CWs?

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Couple questions regarding the new change and how the change affects strongholds, this is pretty much directed towards ACE, as I've read a TON of info, but nothing really official that answers these quite as I hope.

1. Down the road will I be able to change out the Throne Room in the Small Castle package? I mean before launch. With the change and the small castle becoming around $800, will there be an option to change out the Throne Room one day for the one in the Large Castle for an additional cost? So if I currently bought 3 Small Castles over a single large, could I in theory exchange the 3 Small Throne Rooms and have credit to buy a Large Throne room? Or will they always be sold as a package? (need Large Castle kit to get Large Castle Throne room)

2. How will sharing pieces work in the EK? I know Melissa said in the lifestream that was the ultimate goal, but I'm curious on how ownership will work. If I have one small castle and my buddy has one small castle, while the plan is to pool pieces to make one larger castle, how will that exactly work? And how would things work if he stopped being my buddy or stopped playing? I'm not talking about being given permission to build, but more like how Player Owned Structures are in Eve Online, where he could grant me basically co-ownership and I could do with it as I wish. Would there be a reason to pool resources and get a Mountain Citadel, or would he always been the "leader" and I'd always be second fiddle?

3. Are the plans to break down the current Stronghold Packages into the individual parts in our Backer Rewards on the webpage? I guess this plays back into #1, but I am also wondering if parts are going to be sold completely individually, or are they basically going to be raising the prices on the current stronghold packages? Can I buy one gate? Or two towers? What are the plans going to be selling "kits" of parts, or basically always in packages as we currently see?

4. In game, if I upgrade a KS Small Throne Room in game (after launch), will it stay KS, or go generic? Pretty much straight forward

Thanks!

Edited by TheRenegade

1. Why can’t I upgrade my pledge package or gift items to another account?

Pledge package upgrades and gifting have been temporarily disabled.  Both these will return on Thursday, September 1, 2016.  This was necessary following the announcement we made last week that backers could redeem some of the unwanted items from their pledge packages for retail value and optionally use those credits to take advantage of the close-out on Kickstarter and 2015 strongholds.This was intended to be an opportunity for our backers to get a big uptick in value for their original purchase, before the modular castle building system comes online (with a significant price increase). For example, as noted in the description for the medium keep, “The unbundled price of the individual items in a 2016 Medium Keep Bundle totals almost $800. This will have a significant price increase on 9/1/16, so the current $90 price during August is an outrageously good deal!”

Can we still redeem our strongholds AFTER Sept 1 for the original purchase price? For example say I have a Small Castle with the purchase price of 250$. Then say in a few months I would like to redeem it. Can I redeem it for the original price of 250$?   

Just wondering from kickstarter video, I've been looking to the video many times and realized something...

is this demo of Imperial palace or mountain citadel ?

O4Co0uF.jpg

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Can we still redeem our strongholds AFTER Sept 1 for the original purchase price? For example say I have a Small Castle with the purchase price of 250$. Then say in a few months I would like to redeem it. Can I redeem it for the original price of 250$?   

Would love to know this as well.

Just wondering from kickstarter video, I've been looking to the video many times and realized something...

is this demo of Imperial palace or mountain citadel ?

O4Co0uF.jpg

This should be an Imperial Palace, but a very crude and early stage concept one for sure.

ZCcquVD.png

damn.... I should have waited. The Palace looks incredible

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I'm at a bit of a loss.  I put a Small Kickstarter Castle on laway but I'm thrown off on the cosmetics of the individual packages.  All of them were offered in a gray scale photo to show the pieces we get but they are all identical in the forms of shape (same stock photos in each package) and we do not get to see the looks and colours of each packages (Kickstarter, 2015, 2016 etc).  

Are these going to be worked on in the very near future?  Also, if I enjoy the look of the 2015 or 2016 look over the Kickstarter will there an option to upgrade the main castle piece to the other castle to receive that different look?

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Are these going to be worked on in the very near future?  Also, if I enjoy the look of the 2015 or 2016 look over the Kickstarter will there an option to upgrade the main castle piece to the other castle to receive that different look?

I assume this will be possible. For the Fort I bought I had the same thought, but I could actually decide based on the concept art. In case of the Keeps, Castles and bigger buildings we can't make a decision like this. I think it would be fair that they would allow us to change the look (limited to those you will have access too) if you want. ACE have proven in the past they are very good with this kind of thing, so I'm not worried about it.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

Based on responses from the dev team, you won't be able to "upgrade" your pieces from one look to another.

If I am not mistaken, you must acquire the other versions of the same pieces (only cosmetics are different) from

other players.

LZx8Yhu.png