Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 411 on strongholds - Official discussion thread

Pann

Holy Big Man God and Mother Chris Christie! Those things look Hugh!

Edited by Otto

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

This probably has little bering, since I haven't seen any significant application of elevation yet, but does the mountain citadel landscape and building pieces feature terrain deviation, rising and dipping in the landscape and architecture?, or is it built with and on one seamless plain?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

1) If I toggle PvP in the EK, can I adjust what parts is PvP and non-PvP? For instance if I have 5 parcels of land, can 4 be non and 1 be PvP?

2) Since the castles is modular, can I use the pieces to build, lets say, 4 piece in 4 different parcles instead of 1 big one?

- - - - -

Diz my finest signature, oooo its uber!

1) If I toggle PvP in the EK, can I adjust what parts is PvP and non-PvP? For instance if I have 5 parcels of land, can 4 be non and 1 be PvP?

2) Since the castles is modular, can I use the pieces to build, lets say, 4 piece in 4 different parcles instead of 1 big one?

Yes you can toggle which parts are PvP enabled

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Is there a benefit to upgrading from a title to a higher title or is it simply cosmetic?

What happens if multiple strongholds are owned with multiple titles? Are they interchangeable or do they provide a cumulative bonus of some kind? Can lower titles be temporarily granted to nobles and vassals? 

From what I've read you can do all what you've said .

Looking for a casual guild ...

I have purchased 3 packages, a sapphire KS package from the KS, and since then two other packages, one that I consumed by mistake (oh well), and the other that was automatically consumed during this event.  My question is that I have in my listings on my account 2 digital game downloads (it actually says quantity of 2) and a collectors edition, does this mean that at launch I will essentially be able to activate an account (from my collectors edition), and then give account codes to 2 of my friends?

- note this is not a question about re-bundling as they can go fly a kite, the 2015/16 horsies are mine and mine alone!

Edited by Doclectur

I'm just sad that the forts, keeps and, strongholds went on sale before we got to see what that would be like in game or with more confirmed details on what they do in the EK worlds otherwise i may have bought more if i knew the extent of their power. I say it is weird tho that EK building and etc. are being raised in price before an EK alpha or more things haven't been confirmed on how exactly work.

I'm just sad that the forts, keeps and, strongholds went on sale before we got to see what that would be like in game or with more confirmed details on what they do in the EK worlds otherwise i may have bought more if i knew the extent of their power. I say it is weird tho that EK building and etc. are being raised in price before an EK alpha or more things haven't been confirmed on how exactly work.

The Large Keep is shown in the Pre-Alpha right now.  It's the central building in Hunger Games and the keep that you attack/defend in Siege Perilous.  The Small and Medium Keep's just don't have the extra walls and courtyard on the left and right sides.  This was why I picked up a Large Keep while the sale was on since I like the layout of it with the extra walls.  

It would have been nice to see in game shots of the Citadel and Palace or the colour scheme's of the Forts, Keeps, and Castles to see what we were exactly buying.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I'm curious about some of the questions Tibby asked; can you direct me to where and what you read to get the information?

I've done a bit of searching and couldn't find a direct quote to support a 'yes' to the above question. Every reference about PvP says you can toggle PvP for your EK not part of your EK. But since you can sub-divide your EK into regions and other players can own parcels in your EK I assume the ability to toggle PvP is on specific parcels of the EK rather than a global toggle. Maybe that isn't the case. One for Todd I suggest!

From the EK FAQ

Owners will have the choice or whether or not to allow PVP in their EKs. In cases where PVP is toggled on, buildings may sustain damage that needs to be repaired, but the pieces won’t be completely destroyed. Repairs will require the use of player-gathered resources and craftsmen with the appropriate skills.

2) Since the castles is modular, can I use the pieces to build, lets say, 4 piece in 4 different parcels instead of 1 big one?

This was hinted at when Melissa talked about the modular construction kit. You should be able to build in any of the correct plot types if you have the pieces in your account. Again it is trying to put all the little bits of information about EKs together. Until ACE roll out the EK system we won't know for sure.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

Looking for a casual guild ...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a questions I have not seen answered yet (though it very well could have been answered)

After redeeming parcels/buildings and having built your kingdom if you feel like downsizing for some reason and want to try to sell said land parcels/buildings can they be "picked up" and traded for resources or even gifted via the crowfall system or are they 'bound' to your account now?