Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

[OC] Lets get a community going!

*shy wave*

So obviously things are a bit quiet on the RP side and a lot of us kinda fall asleep it seems while we wait for the good stuff.

I'm guessing that a lot of the RP crowd are lurking a little and checking in from time to time hoping for lore updates and such. 

At the moment if I went to the devs and started begging for Lore or updates on what to expect as roleplayerswe would get a few responses from other gamers "thats not important! we need game mechanics. Priorities!!!" but I think its a bit sad that Rp isn't really getting any attention.

I think theres a cause and effect thing going on here - to be honest theres very little for roleplayers to get excited about unless we get a bit of focus from the devs but - catch 22 - why would the devs focus on us if we're silent /absent? They have other stuff to do thats more attention worthy :)

So I want to ask Roleplayers: If you're seeing this - and reading this - and honestly wishing for more RP meat and gravy - then get involved! Even if its just to pop in and say hi.

Tell us about your favorite archetype - how you think RP will work - what your hopes for the lore are.

Personally I hope that the lore and storyline stuff will be revealed to us on a frequent basis... maybe as chapter content. I find it very difficult to commit my RP when theres so much missing. I've tried to project a few storylines around Cybele for example, but its very hard to do without knowing the full canon (or how far we can stray from it). 

I think tbh we're gonna end up building a lot of our own fill-in-the-blanks stuff. I made a site crowfallrp.com to have an RP safe space - and I'm hoping later there will be interest enough that we can put all our whacky theories toghether about how RP will roll out in Crowfall - since the discussions around here always fall into what Roleplayers *shouldn't* dare to expect (*hint* Rp'ers are mental if they think they can RP in the dregs - stay in the EKs and play with your unicorns!).

Right now there's officially 2 members :P - but hey I wanna dream too.

Sooooo... tl;dr: If RP in Crowfall is your thing please get a bit active and make your voice heard :)

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I certainly will be more active - as soon as I have a bit more information about the setting and how I can incorporate it into some sort of interaction.

And I, like yourself, have gone and asked for some more lore... JTC replied, in effect, "soon", so maybe wishes will be granted here shortly.

And yes; right now it's a bit tricky to play a role when no one really knows what the roles are, or even what the stage looks like.

Dunno if I'll RP activly in the end, but I do look forward to the lore and stuff.

I made a victory dance when they backpedaled on the accessable buildings thingie.

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Dunno if I'll RP activly in the end, but I do look forward to the lore and stuff.

I made a victory dance when they backpedaled on the accessable buildings thingie.

Did you see all of the little doodads and props they're making for us to place inside the buildings?

Doodads.png

I'm guessing there will eventually be a huge library of chairs, tables, lamps, shelves, rugs, trophies, etc, etc. so that people can make spaces specific to whatever they desire.

Ye olde tavern should be entirely doable, and exactly how you want it to be :D

Lots to do! Lots to see!

OK so I made a website www.crowfallrp.com - Everybody is totally welcome to register there.

Let me know if you would like hosting for your guild or such as well.

I've started what I hope to be a community EK: Welcome to the world of Rhime which will build its own lore. If any strays are looking for a home you'ew more than welcome. RP will be celebrated!

Lastly.. As Ive spent time pondering it I've come to a conclusion I think a lot of you already have: I've begun to realise that Roleplayers do actually need a proper ruleset. Chat channels.. Quest giver thralls.. Loot *generators* for quest creation.. writables (in-game books and such). Monster spawners etc.. Personally I want to be able to *inhabit* the gods and npcs in my EK to make them quest givers.

I would hope that if we can get 20 or so Roleplayers who are backers together asking for such tools we might just get an audience with the devs - so please chime in about what you would like to see! 

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Ye olde tavern should be entirely doable, and exactly how you want it to be :D

Soooo looking forward to it! :D

Spend so much time decorating my guild tavern in gw2, and there you really had not so much to do. Hopefully we really have the option to build nice taverns and stuff &_&

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share