Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calidor

Quick Question

I would say get whatever gives you the most land parcels but I don't know for sure without knowing what can be built on what type of parcel. It is possible that a town parcel is better than a shire, and city parcel is better than a town parcel in that they have access to more building types. This is unknown and pure speculation though. Personally, I got small castles, as to me they seemed to be the best value. It really is a gamble.

Edited by Mytherceria

I'd say only stick with Small Forts and Small Castles. (Or get at least one Large Fort.)

Skip the keeps. Your main base would be your Castle. Your sub-bases/trade buildings should just be Forts imo.

I went the other way.. upgrade upgrade upgrade! :P

I think its a choice between quantity versus quality and that we should choose quality.. go for the best you can rather than the biggest land area.

Lets take some extreme examples:

1 x mountain keep = same investment as 45 x small forts (this was kind of my dilemma).

8 land  vs 135 land, assuming an EK can grow that large.

But 1 x mountain keep allows 100s of players to congregate (I think the example the devs used was that a large castle could house up to 120 players + more shops plus more Points of Interest and generators in a close area) versus having them all spread out.

Players like to congregate in hubs - so socially, given the choice of having as large a place as possible versus having as much as possible in a dense area.. people will go for the latter. Think of RP communities and their taverns or trade hubs.. People want to congregate in large a group as possible rather than sit mostly alone... and even if you are only building a EK empire for yourself - wouldnt you prefer to spend your time in one "great spot" rather than many "kinda OK"? 

All you will gain by having many land parcels is the amount of time it takes to run between things... and if your game time is precious I think its much better to have things close by.

just my 2 coins.

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

snip

OP already has a Small Castle. I assume the person was asking how to make additional future investments. (With the small amount of credit left.)

If you want something to use for yourself, then yes, Quality > Quantity. (For your main hub/base.)

But if you want to make a future investment with the Strongholds because you already have what you need... Quantity > Quality.

Using your example:

45 Small Forts = 1 Mountain Citadel = 1800$ (This is using the 40$ SForts)

Possible Future Price:

45*40*10 vs 1800*3. (Assuming what ACE said is true and Fort is truly worth x10 in modular pieces and the MCitadel is worth over x3.)

18000$ vs 5400$. (Estimates.)

Of course, these are just estimates, we don't really know if we can sell them or if people will even buy them, but I'm using the available numbers given to us by ACE to show the possible investment. Like ACE said, everything can still change, so in the end this is all a gamble. (Always a gamble if you want a high investment.)

Edited by Sephyxia

HEH thanks for the feedback guys.  I was hoping there would be some universal consensus but I guess everyone is making their best educated guesses.

Maybe I'll flip a coin.

*snip back at you* :P

Yeah I did that math too but... you know the old saying :P

Notice that the melt value of all buildings is staying at the discount price. It will stay like that. Your stronghold will never be worth more than its lowest value when swapped for credit (what you paid for it at the discounted rate) and no part of it will be meltable / tradeable.

I will bet a very very large crate of kittens that Arty arent going to let the multiplied value of pledges escalate so that suddenly someone who purchased a pledge for 1000 dollars then gets to trade the bits off for 10,000. It would break the game.

• It would kill the dynamics of the game re: inflation.
  • It will render the high value of single purchases (large castles / citadels etc) pretty much worthless.
  • It will in some cases break the law (US tax declaration /reimbursement requirement of digital items over 1000 dollars. Suddenly a lot of players would have *new taxable assets* in the 10s of 1000s and Arty would be the income generator <-- also liable for tax :).
  • Most important of all: It will lead to scamming / trading disputes and a lot of confusion / annoyance over perceived lot values. The rage would be overwhelming and the outcry as players discover they could have made *better deals* *if only* they had had better information will go webwide. Arty dont want that publicity.

I had this all explained to me in great detail by a star citizen dev so its very much deja vu :)

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Snip snip snip!

Yes, I agree that it will never be worth more than its lowest value when swapped for credit. However, the whole system is changing. We're not 100% sure how everything will be aside from the promised estimated value that ACE has given us.

It may not be tradeable / metable, but it is giftable.  I also never said anything about Redeeming them ever. (I know that these items will never be bought back by ACE, but other players / Trusted Traders are something different.)

Crowfall is in league with the Trusted Traders. When these things phase out, it is highly possible that the Trusted Traders will start buy/selling them.

Yes, 100%, there will be a massive inflation at the start where people have 1-20 sets of a Stronghold, but eventually it will run out. If Crowfall gets enough new players, eventually the prices will go up. Kickstarter-type Strongholds will not be sold again, so it's finite. Eventually the price should go up.

Inflation isn't really bad for the game. It'll suck for whoever owns a high number of the item inflated, but I don't think it'll be anything other than that.

The Market is always supply and demand. The price fluctuates depending on the who's buying and selling what. I can buy 1000000 Small Forts, but if everyone has them then the price will be near nil, then it would have been my bad investment. The Trusted Traders know this as well. When they start buying Forts, it'll be Supply vs Demand.

Scamming/Disputes/Confusion/Annoyance over values? Well, it would be their bad investment if you invest too much on one item and fail.

This Promo is awesome and great, but if you overextend and buy more than you need, then this Promo turns into a gamble. However, a gamble is just another word for Risky Investment.

I ended up going the other direction - redeeming the couple of stronghold purchases I had made and opting to hold the credit. I'm only holding one fort now. Fingers crossed that one of you real estate tycoons will let me pitch a tent in your courtyard if I promise to keep the lawn mowed.

• It will in some cases break the law (US tax declaration /reimbursement requirement of digital items over 1000 dollars. Suddenly a lot of players would have *new taxable assets* in the 10s of 1000s and Arty would be the income generator <-- also liable for tax :).

Please remind me to ask you if i have questions regarding U.S. tax systems. xD

Well, no, don't mind reminding me. Just don't wonder if i ask you in such a case. xD

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Please remind me to ask you if i have questions regarding U.S. tax systems. xD

Well, no, don't mind reminding me. Just don't wonder if i ask you in such a case. xD

:P

Im not a tax expert so much as a spaceship expert :P

Things got sticky with star citizen cos of the (big spacesship) idris sale that was on sale for like over 1000 dollars.

People went a bit nuts and some people bought loads with the idea of selling for a profit. In the end CIG disabled trading of idrii(idrises? idris's?) cos it was a tax thing - If something digital is worth over a 1000 dollars and you *gift* it to someone else the US government is entitled to taxes...

When me and a friend wanted to swap one between us - even though we were in europe they didn't want to risk it and if you look at all the tears on the RSI forum over LTI and all that I wouldn't be surprised if Artcraft play it very carefully to avoid all that mess: I love his ideas but I think Chris Roberts is a bit money mad.

Its kind of nice the Artcraft ppl don't seem to be *mad* like that :P

www.CrowfallRP.com

I went 100% real estate speculator.  I have at least 1 of everything (fort / keep / castle) but did not buy Mtn Citadel or Palace. I figured everything will have some value and without knowing, this will allow me the most flexibility once we get to launch.  If for some reason I overbought or can't use everything, I can always share within my own guild.

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif