Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rikutatis

Battlefield 1 open beta

Has anyone else tried this? What did you think?

I really enjoyed the gameplay and visuals, and the weapon variety is great. I didn't like the open beta desert map though. It just feels like there's so much empty space between the flags, and it's there just as an excuse for people to use the vehicles. I would have liked if things were more crammed together and there was action everywhere. But maybe that's just that one map. 

It's garbage. Armor is way too powerful. I sat in the train most of a match and racked up kills while in little to no danger. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5K5skczEYQ

Nice video. That upsidedown crashed plane was hilarious, lol. 

Yea, tanks are absolutely OP. I didn't get the chance to try trains yet, but they look both OP and boring in your vid ^^

Most of the reason tanks are OP is their is no ability to unlock the ranged anti-tank weapons in the beta.

Just like BF4 some of the best anti-tank stuff is concealed further in. I'd further add, it helps when your team is 99% scout/snipers simply because the regular guns they gave people aim for crap.

Armor is very counter-able. People need to rush to the emplaced turrets, put mines down, and generally work together. These are difficult concepts for an open beta and a mostly pug audience.

So much fun soon rank 40 and unlocked most items in BF1 beta! :)

I`m not a typical level (grind) type of mmo player who enjoy questing - I usually play such mmos only based on competition and large scale PvP which u will see in Crowfall, and soon in Conan Exile. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Low skill-ceiling shooter for good casual fun. 

Who are you trying to convince?

I doubt anyone cares who are playing BF1 - not like Dice going to create an e-sport out of their fps product.

You can`t have kill cams in squad play since BF3, and with some sound issues..  

In fact there are some questionable design decisions at Dice the recent years as well. But still they deliver in graphic and some fun elements to their game like capture the flag conquest so it feel like a large scale combat with 32v32. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Loved it.

Tanks are meant to be hard to kill, that is real, but where tanks are vulnerable is in close quarters where infantry can sneak up to their blind side and nail them. A tank in close quarters without infantry support is dead, a tank out in the open where infantry run at it... while also out in the open, tank wins every time, so people complain tanks are OP. Tanks not as OP if people work to kill them, and don't charge them in the wide open.

BF has always been a squad based game, so those people who are a squad that communicates will always beat the CoD style players who go it solo, run around and just try to run and gun everything. One of the reasons I have always liked BF was that it at least had a sense of realism to it where you had to run from cover to cover and use your surroundings.

The sound, graphics, feel of the game was also really great. Some glitches, but I feel this was an early release version, so the beta is hopefully not the finished product.

Definitely looking forward to the finished product.