Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

ArtCraft: A Laissez-Faire Approach to Duping Store-Credit?

They are now allowing Ruby backers to be development partners. It used to be Emerald+ only. That alone would explain a big jump in the number of people who qualify,

My standard for "proof" is a bit different than yours, I think.

Nothing wrong with that line of thinking, although I would also argue that the timing would be very important. Correct me if I'm wrong but even though that title came with the Emerald package it also could be obtained by total contribution. If the Ruby now includes that title it would certainly help to obscure the fact that the theoretically most abused redemption package may not have been abused as widely as speculated.

Can you link to some evidence?

Sorry didn't take screenshots of people explaining how to do it.  

Can also look around forums here to find some evidence.

Edited by Wormboy

Sorry didn't take screenshots of people explaining how to do it.  

Can also look around forums here to find some evidence.

In other words, you have no evidence that anyone actually duped credits.

IhhQKY6.gif

Jah, at this point it is all speculation unless someone outs themselves or one of their buddies. However, the actions taken so far by ACE indicate that a problem existed.

1. Restrict the ability to gift parts of a package or the package itself.

2. Removal of higher tier packages for those who have already purchased one.

3. Comment from Gordon about not being able to have nice things.

Yes it is all speculation but why take actions 1-3 if there was not a problem? I think ACE was trying to do a good thing for their supporters and for that I commend them, but at the same time it does not take a genius to see how the program as originally rolled out could have been exploited.

Edited by Verot

There is no doubt in my mind that some players took advantage of this exploit.

That said the damage to the game is in the EKs (which may or my not have much effect on the real game--the CWs). The folks that were most harmed on the ones that spent a lot earlier on...all thoset Sapphire, Ruby, and above who have relatively had the rarity/value of their items reduced.

That said the biggest issue in my mind is ACE's lack of transparency. Silent changes and ignoring the community are not how you deal with scandal, exploits, and errors. In fact I'm pretty sure there is a presentation from Pann on the Internet about NOT ignoring such issues in a lessons learned from EVE's Summer of Rage and Monoclegate. I hope this does not become standard operating procedure for the inevitable future scandals/exploits/errors.

Edited by angelmar

Jah, at this point it is all speculation unless someone outs themselves or one of their buddies. However, the actions taken so far by ACE indicate that a problem existed.

1. Restrict the ability to gift parts of a package or the package itself.

2. Removal of higher tier packages for those who have already purchased one.

3. Comment from Gordon about not being able to have nice things.

Yes it is all speculation but why take actions 1-3 if there was not a problem? I think ACE was trying to do a good thing for their supporters and for that I commend them, but at the same time it does not take a genius to see how the program as originally rolled out could have been exploited.

Just to be clear, I am not debating that this sale could have been exploited. It clearly had loopholes in it that would allow duping of credits.

I am wondering what sort of evidence there is that it actually was exploited.

IhhQKY6.gif

This has and is being addressed. If you have issue about any cheat you should bring it to customer service directly at support@crowfall.com.  The forums are not for discussing cheats.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

This was reported early on which is why we were limiting thing.  The ways to do it were blocked.  The people that took advantage of it did lose any ill-gotten gains (still a few in progress).

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook