Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Palido

Don't be mad at me but...

I never played a game with Race/Gender lock after like... Priston Tale, and i used to want it badly when i played FFXIV where the cats make up 110% of the population.

But now... i see a 'class' that really interests me, with the exact kind abilities and combat role i like... and it's a cow.... i don't want to be a cow  :(

Design and build a viable alternative solution to the Myrm and so how the community responds.

If it is an overwhelming success, then gift that work to ACE if they want to implement it.

You get what you want and ACE doesn't have to waste resources by back tracking.

-fuzz

Edited by fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

well: deal with it. ACE doesnt have money nor time to create 11 different animation for 13 archetypes.

You need to relax a bit friend... you seem on edge.

Design and build a viable alternative solution to the Myrm and so how the community responds.

If it is an overwhelming success, then gift that work to ACE if they want to implement it.

You get what you want and ACE doesn't have to waste resources by back tracking.

-fuzz

It was more of a comic relief post to be honest, based on a chat i had with a friend. The vessel system helps a lot with this actually because i can just switch to another archtype whenever i feel like it. Much like sometimes i'll play Zarya in Overwatch even though it's Zarya...

But jokes aside i'd love to have a dual-wielding human barbarian like Sonya from Diablo.

I know it's been expressed before, but I sincerely hope it's not like overwatch. Additionally, even though it's just the one race right now there will probably be more in future. At least 1 more or a closer variation.

You need to relax a bit friend... you seem on edge.

It was more of a comic relief post to be honest, based on a chat i had with a friend. The vessel system helps a lot with this actually because i can just switch to another archtype whenever i feel like it. Much like sometimes i'll play Zarya in Overwatch even though it's Zarya...

But jokes aside i'd love to have a dual-wielding human barbarian like Sonya from Diablo.

Well that completely went over my head then :(

-fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

I know it's been expressed before, but I sincerely hope it's not like overwatch. Additionally, even though it's just the one race right now there will probably be more in future. At least 1 more or a closer variation.

It would be neat to be able to play as an Elken Myrmidon.  I don't like that each archetype is tied to a specific race in some cases.  One of the things I have enjoyed about a lot of games is the ability to choose your race first, then choose your class/archetype.  Can we say Guinecean Assassin. :D

The OP is not alone in wanting viable racial alternatives for archetypes.  However I know that it would require more work; but don't they have animations based on bone structure, where all of their races should have equivalent bone structures for just this purpose.  Then the animation is copy and pasted into that animation loop.......

I know it won't be done, but players can dream.

lUvvzPy.png

1) Bull, not cow. The cows are in the pasture.

I'm not about to check if it's got teats as its charging down my throat. Edited by Kithslayer

Sooooo, I can't confirm anything because the discipline system doesn't exist yet but, I'm under the impression that most of the keystone abilities for myrm are available through the discipline system. We don't know if they will be exactly the same or the same power level but, you could technically build another archetype into a semi-myrmcow.

Just imagine how broken a Champion would be if he also had bull rush and berzerker rage or whatever it's called.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

We don't know if they will be exactly the same or the same power level but, you could technically build another archetype into a semi-myrmcow.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. It won't be exact, but I imagine there will be other dual wielding, fast paced classes.

Just imagine how broken a Champion would be if he also had bull rush and berzerker rage or whatever it's called.

It's confirmed that Berserk is available from Disciplines.  It is also confirmed that any way to mitigate Crash Damage will *NOT* be available to anyone other than Myrmidons.

for a couple million dollars I'll make you alternative gender types, hell maybe even throw in a couple ladyboys to keep everybody happy.

Funny how that works. Money will buy you anything!

Normally, I would be against race/gender lock, and this has been the case for many of the mmos I've played. Crowfall is an exception to my list...

Removing gender lock would be a change I would support, but I do not support multi-raced options. My logic behind this is related to the large-scale sandbox features and customization options for each archetype. In many themepark mmos, you have a very small pool of classes with limited customization on stats, abilities, and equipment. It is easy, even with no gender/race lock, to determine what your fighting. Crowfall, however has a plethra of stats, abilities, equipment and other powers that can be changed on a class. It also focuses on PvP content, not PvE. With all of the options CF gives you, it is very important that the animations and silhouettes immediately reveal the enemy and ally you are encountering. The message of what class, armor, and potential abilities should be telegraphed to the player quickly to support combat decisions. Adding genders would not disrupt this much, but unlocking races would. When you engage a group of players, you need to know at a distance what you are encountering, or at least as much as possible. There would be very little details, perhaps only a weapon, to help a player decipher their opponents. In larger scale PvP, a change like this would disrupt combat response and strategy.

these are just my opinions, based on my experience in MMOs. 

Edited by sharka

b4HcfAD.png

Okay lets look at WoW.

While it was not gender restricted it WAS race/faction restricted......AT THE START.

When they release this game it will not look like the game two years after release. Once it becomes extremely successful the updates will add in all the "would be nice".

CfWBSig.png