Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

title with large castle?

dolmar

It used to be Duke. But the title system will be revisited.

We are going to revisit the title system given the changes to the new modular parcel/stronghold system. Todd assures me if you would have gotten a title before based on the combination of parcel/stronghold/vassal system you'll still get it under the new system, though it's not ready to talk about publicly yet.
I hope this helps!
Edited by Kraahk

It's probably a good idea to revisit this >.> I'm in favor of it being guild based or having titles won through Campaign worlds as rewards.It'd be weird if someone had the title of king in my guild and I'm just a duke lol.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

The lack of information about titles may possibly become the biggest cause of buyers remorse since it seems that they may be connected to either the upgradable modular packs or to the upgradable ranked parcels[most likely since in the past "an official land patent is the highest evidence of righttitle, and interest to a defined area] . The highest title should be based on the total combined amount of property. If you own 5 fort parcels you are a Lord or maybe a Knight marshal (or something) of your kingdom and a [fifth rank] Knight of the combined [parcel] realms. However, you could temporarily divest 1 title rank of Knighthood in trade for vassalage (with the vassal holding the title as long as they are loyal to their liege lord).   

Edited by pjbanyai

• 3 months later...

It's probably a good idea to revisit this >.> I'm in favor of it being guild based or having titles won through Campaign worlds as rewards.It'd be weird if someone had the title of king in my guild and I'm just a duke lol.

I like the idea of winning through campaigns gives it something,

Also weird yes cause we now there can be only one

C825AB86-0BE9-47D2-A10E-2992ABBEEBEE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As per their philosophy when it comes to Kickstarter or backer packages, they would have to replace it with something of equal or greater value.  So it isn't something that can likely just be decided on the spot.  Someone who bought a package that said they'd get a "King" or "Archduke" title for thousands of dollar may not take too kindly to not having that implemented without recompense.

We also have to identify what such things are worth:

Personally, I view those titles as more valuable than the land you get in those packages.  They'll always be with you, no matter where you are (and be available to show off versus a Palace or whatever that there is a 99.999% chance that random people you meet in a campaign will never visit, so the prestige is sort of lost).  So the replacement will have to be at least equal to the cost of the land -- in some cases, upwards of $5,000 for some people.  Which seems ludicrous, though the prices people paid for those titles that came with the bundles are also pretty insanely high.

Edited by Sindothyx

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?

We don't know yet if these titles will be just granted because you got a specific backer reward -- and i doubt it.

Usually the titles are part of the EK hierarchy system. The early backer rewards suggested that you will have this title, because you are able to place a specific stronghold and fill a specific number of cells in your EK.

I could imagine a system that grants a specific title, based on exactely this -- the number of filled cells within the region/province/kingdom you rule and the biggest stronghold within.

So if you have five farmland parcels and a shire with a medium fort in your EK, you may be the monarch, but you are not a king/queen, you are a knight/lady. I expect that if you grant land to others, you can only grant a title corresponding to the land and stronghold and not more, but maybe less. So if you grant ten filled cells plus a small castle, the holder could be a baron (or less, but not more). And, if you don't have any other land, this would probably make you a baron, too, because it's your EK. And so on.

Edited by Kraahk