Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

Please make EKs flat (Edge of the world).

Like wot the title says.

I'm not sure if its been talked about at all but I would love to be able to walk to the very edge of the EK and stare off into the nothing.. Its very Pratchett.

Its a fantasy world after all - and tbh I would much prefer this that that invisible border thing that happens in other games where the land keeps going but suddenly you cant...

The-Edge-Of-The-World.jpg

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I like the idea of the end of the world a lot.

The only issue is that Crowfall is taking place in a universe, and not a single world. So there is no end of the world per say.

However, replacing water surrounding EKs by air is waaaaay cooler :)

Edited by Dociel

I think the eternal kingdoms are supposed to be seperate worlds - Im hoping the lore will eventrually reveal a little about how they are formed - but it wouldnt be too far fetched to imagine that the Allfather created them as island sanctuaries as far away from the nothing as he could make them: Little floating island worlds.

If the story writers embrace the high-fantasy aspect of Crowfall theres really nothing they can't achieve!

1428693817067s.jpg

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I think this would be pretty cool. Should be "easy" to do too... All you need would be to continue the sky, and add fog of war a ways out. 

Not a computer programmer, but the idea seems better than an invisible wall, or even just being surrounded by water.

Absolutely love this idea and the picture to give an example, The way todd explained it would be most likely with water was an idea that had me go meh sounds alright. This idea however made me instantly go oh that would be awesome!

Am I the only one seeing Hyrules' map of Super Smash Bros Melee in Deloria's post or is it something else ? More in favor of a cliff rather than an ocean : ocean out of nowhere is very weird, cliff and fog is very cool !

Corvax and I were dropped into one of the dev testing environments when we crashed in SP a few weeks ago. It had an "end of the world" effect. It ended as a drop-off into endless fields of corn or wheat. Looked like Nebraska or Kansas. I'd imagine that was an EK and I'd imagine they could easily do what you are describing.