Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RHIME

Deloria

rhimehead1.jpg

Well met Crows! Welcome to the World of Rhime - a new high fantasy Eternal Kingdom and community seeking residents.

We welcome all Crowfall Community members - whatever your gaming focus:
Be you a tear-harvesting trader, a fluffy carebear explorer, roleplaying guineapig-pirating pirate or hardcore ganker.

You will find a home here.

• Rhime is a feudal EK realm that guarantees freedom and autonomy to all its inhabitants. We shall focus on collaborative community effort. 

• We are not a guild - but an EK which hopes to attract many guilds and groups and players to come together and build a strong and active *nation*.

• We hope to foster trade, intruigue, diplomacy and guild alliances as well as community events. If ever there was a game that encouraged community and group effort it is Crowfall - and Rhime is intended to be *The* place to encourage it.

Help us fill in the map!

Rhime1-673x1024.jpg

Dominions of Rhime.

• This EK shall be a community effort, open to any group, guild or individual player looking to share their crowfall experiences with others positively.

• This EK is founded on the principles of mutual respect, trust and transparency with the intention of fostering positive gameplay experiences in Crowfall.

• We shall be altruistic and accomodating: This EK is a non-profit endeavour.

• No fees will ever be charged (unless essential for EK survivability; in which case fees shall be fair and proportional). All dominions, realms and estates will be free to tax at their own rates and maintain the maximum possible administrative freedoms within their own borders that can be achieved in a shared EK.

Land owners:

• All parcel / province owners shall have their investments respected and accomodated as far as possible. You will not be voiceless in decisions related to the EK. That decision-making shall be transparent. There will be no playing of favorites. Disputes shall be resolved in open forum by majority decision. 

• Policy relating to the EK as a whole shall be handled at a meta-level, outside of in-game tensions and politicising.

• All Rhime inhabitants are guaranteed residence in the provinces of Rhime.

• All residents will be represented in the Council of Rhime and may vote in Key decision making activities - either directly or by proxy (they may delegate their vote to their leige).

A Roleplay Core: A Rich Rhime Lore! (oh look I rhymed it).

Rhime Lore is being published here: Lore.

Hopefully a large part of what will set Rhime apart is the Roleplay aspect. We will encourage writers and dreamers to take part in building a lore and background for Rhime as storied as any we expect to see in the Crowfall game world. That doesnt mean we're forcing you to RP with us - it just means that we intend to foster an RP community that could liven up the area. Noone wants to see dead EK's - We just want thriving, prosperous communities and lively player social hubs.

****Our first RP competition is available here: Competition.****

Our ambition is to hold events and competitions to encourage storytelling and quest building: A prosperous Eternal Kingdom has the potential to be a very welcome diversion away from the endless conflict of the campaign worlds. Over time we hope to build a library of lore and history that reflects our communities endeavours, both in and out of campaigns.

library_sm.jpg

You can rule Rhime!

The Eternal Kingdom of Rhime will start as a leaderless entity. Every landowner will be entitled to stake a claim for rulership via diplomatic negotiations with other leiges. (I personally have no ambition to "rule" an EK - only to help build a thriving community). If you have what it takes then raise your sword and declare your ambitions!

This is totally up to the community - and hopefully an example of how dynamic our EK could be: Rulership can be a competitive affair gained by tournaments or challenges or factional politics, where the actual level of influence could be decided as part of the competition prize.

Roles and responsibilites are not defined but I would hope for a flat administrative model with as little beauracracy as possible. If you think you can help out then just get stuck in: This is a collaborative effort.

What do you want to do?

If you are new to the game and look for friends.

If you are a guild looking for a home and alliance possibilities.

If you are a player looking for neighbours and a community experience.

If you are a roleplayer embarking on a unique journey.

or if you're just mildly curious...

... Then you are very welcome to stick your flag on our map, post in this thread and claim your spot. 

You can contact also me, Deloria in the forums or by hanging here or www.crowfallrp.com and getting involved.

Current Inhabitants:

::PROVINCE::_____::OWNER::_____::RELATED Groups/Guilds::______::DONATED PLOTS/BUILDINGS::_____Recruiting?

The Witchery ..............Deloria..............Roleplayers preferred .....................Mountain Citadel (8 cells).......................[Y] [Link]

Cathedral to Cybele

Farm cell

Various manors / cottages.

The Cauldron..............Deloria..............All Welcome......................................Small Castle (6 cells)..............................[Y]

Dwarven blacksmith

The Shaded Vale........Count_Dirkoff....TBD.................................................Medium Fort............................................[Not at this time]

Rhime will have a dedicated community area at www.CrowfallRP.comAll resident groups and guilds can ask for custom forum areas there and private member-only rooms.We will also run an opt-in mailing list.

www.CrowfallRP.com shall be a communication portal that makes it easy to share Rhime news and stay updated with what's going on.

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Eternal Kingdom Layout.

This post will keep an updated overview of plot allocations as residents claim their Rhime parcels.

Please note: You don't *need* a parcel or stronghold to live here. There will be space for housing and plenty to keep you occupied. We guarantee everybody that wants to live here will find a space. Initially we have a Mountain Citadel [The Witchery] and a Small Castle [The Cauldron] for any players wishing to make a home and we already have 24 farm plots and numerous buildings available if we need to fill space.

If you're homeless and interested you can check the map below to see the current realm placements:

The Witchery is an *RP preferred* PvE region that will be developed according to the Rhime RP efforts (High Fantasy lore). Other roleplay players, groups and guilds are very welcome to work with us and can take residence here with zero/minimum tax*.

The Cauldron will be set as an entirely seperate *everybody welcome* region with zero/minimum tax* and PvP.

*Its too early to say what tax rates will be: Ideally we want a zero tax situation for all residents. Rest assured however that these non-profit properties will operate at cost so that we can ensure maximum growth and prosperity for traders and merchants.

How to Join:

Get in touch!

EK members can *reserve* their plot size and this map will be updated to reflect positions and sizes of plot placements.

If you would like to make Rhime your home then please give us a bit of info about your plans :)

::PROVINCE:: ------------------------------------------------------ Name of your province as it should appear on the  Rhime map.
::Preferred placement?::---------------------------------------- (Map X,Y Coordinates) The preferred location of your site (you can link a jpg).
::OWNER::----------------------------------------------------------- Name of the EK primary tenant) There can be only one ruler for your province.
::RELATED Groups/Guilds::----------------------------------- Are any guilds joining you? we can link to a website.
::DONATED PLOTS/BUILDINGS::---------------------------- The main parcel of your province as well as any other parcels / buildings etc.
::Recruiting?::------------------------------------------------------ Are places available for rresidents to come and live in your province?
::Embassy::---------------------------------------------------------- We welcome embassies from other EKs/guilds setting up residence in Rhime.

A short description always helps: Are you a guild, A roleplayer? A trader or crafter? DO you come alone or with 100 friends? DO you have any expectations from Rhime or do you see any possibilities that excite you? Do you have any skills that might help us grow this community? Would you like to help in any way?

EK plots will be granted on a first come first serve basis. 

Dominions should reflect player head count requirements rather than the number of plots you have pledged for: Its unlikely we will grant one player a dozen large fort locations for example.. but large guilds can expect to be granted a larger land allocation.

While initially we can expect that most players should have enough space for all their ambitions - If space becomes tight later (If we get popular yay!) then we might need to ask residents to downsize overly ambitious nation plans unless they can justify it.

EK design will try to accomodate each residents requirements and wishes as much as possible.

Residents can msg me for a High Quality updated map of Rhime with or without the grid.

Rhime2-673x1024.jpg

The grid coordinate system is numbered so residents can identify which parcels they wish to claim.

For example *The Cauldron* can be located at x, y coordinates (-10, 45).

Map Notes:

The map is subject to change while we figure out the best way to present it.

Each grid square represents 64 meters x 64 meters (8 x 8 lots). 4 grid squares represent 1 x cell (256 x 256 meters).

When the time comes to "tetris" our plots we will attempt to build based upon this map design. obviously it will require a little creativity and the final result will probably stray quite far from this design - but consider this a starting framework to help EK residents begin to plan how they would like Rhime to take shape.

Some design & layout guidelines:

Please feel free to get in touch if you have an idea on what you want to do but would like to discuss it, or need help with the placement or design of your parcels. I canalso provide the raw artworks as gimp files if any residents want to work on their own designs.

Here are some examples of parcel sizes: 

Farms are 1 cell a piece.

A shire parcel is 3 cells in an L shape and a Town parcel (Keep) is 4 cells in a T shape. 

The Cauldron is a 6 cell city parcel + 3 adjacent farm cells whilst the Witchery is an 8 cell Mountain parcel with 11 adjacent farm parcels to fill out the surrounding area. These might be reduced as space becomes tight. Residents are expected to shape their EKs to fit this vision of Rhime: for example by using mountain or sea borders to represent their placement on the world map.

examples.jpg

The developers have described such features as a "mountain parcel" taking up to 6 cells. We can assume that basic features will be included in the current packages ( for example the mountain citadel probably comes with a few adjacent mountain parcels). Eventually we would hope landmass and geographical features such as rivers / forests / fields / mountains and especially Roads / bridges etc will be available for us to sculpt our EKs - perhaps from purchase from the store..
It's likely that the campaign world features and toolsets will be made available at some level for EK design. *fingers crossed.*

For now we can include farm plots (for example I have used 10 x farm plots adjacent to The Witchery to *claim* the surrounding area. Farm plots can work as buffer zones (but might need to be reduced if space becomes an issue). We also assume for now that non-residential areas will be purely cosmetic.

Members who wish to establish strongholds are asked to commit at least 1 x *priority* stronghold or parcel (The site of your primary residence in Rhime) and then other optional parcels can be considered according to population requirements / limits. Check the map and see if you can fins a suitable plot that aligns with your parcel or stronghold size. Dont worry so much about the graphical differences - later we will try and mix and match cosmetic parcels and plots to build the various mountain ranges etc.

In the end we hope to be able to offer a large scale *Realistic* Rhime world map that will be immediately recognisable when you actually step into the EK.

This way of designing the EK according to a previously drawn map is based upon experience building fantasy RP environments in Second Life: It adds a great deal to the immersion and fun factors for residents :)

Lot sizes:

• Direct Quotes from the devs:

- Cells are 256m by 256m.

- A "zone" has a cell grid that 20 cells by 20 cells (which equates to 5120m by 5120m).  our architecture will allow us to seamlessly stitch these together like a patchwork quilt, such that you can run from one to the next to the next.

- EKs are currently planned to be 1 zone. Technically, though, we could (eventually) allow you to stitch EKs together.  Will we want to do that?  Ehh, I don't know.  but it's possible given the architecture (since CWs will already support it).

Design Assumptions:

That the Kingdom doesnt have to be square (5km x 5km) but is more a limitation of area size (since the devs refer to it as 5 x supercells).

That we can define a sea border to help sculpt the continental landmass.

That adjcent parcels can be lined up incrementally (at 8m level of detail, rather than 256 m).

Islands would also be cool so are included.

Land "beyond the limits" of the map are simply described as uninhabitable desert and ice wildernesses (for example: The Frozen wastes)

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Is the guild planning on playing dregs, or shadow, or which?

Hi - This isn't a guild really :) Sorry for not actually clarifying that ( I will update!).

This is more a community EK that hopefully guilds and groups and players will want to put their parcels into.

We have a lot of players now with *spare* parcels who might be looking for neighbours and social/ trade hub opportunities - so might like to consider planting one of their small forts or such in Rhime even if they have a seperate private or guild EK.

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Something like this could be extremely helpful for players who don't have many connections and would like to be part of a bustling community instead of a barren EK to themselves. I would suggest that you log/post and resources which you are making available to Rhime along with those from others who have pledged to participate.

Ex.

1 Large Castle

3 Medium Castle

8 Small Castles

12 Large Keeps

I think this is important because there are only so many parcels that can be placed in a given EK. Keep updated with plans are more and more details are released about the EK systems. Best of luck. 

Also remind players that it is not necessary for them to pledge large assets. It is entirely possible some players may not have packages which include strongholds and they may just want to have a place to setup a small shop or would like to place a well stocked vendor in. It provides a nice place for players who may not be associated with a guild or who are in guilds who don't have designs on maintaining and EK.

Edited by Verot

croeso i cymru? / welcome to wales?

TDwVlEj.png

:P

*Then what happened to England?*

Hey I'm irish but even i wouldn't send the english beneath the seas :P

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

I really like your map with the grid overlay. I was looking to do something like this but gave up because it required too much math. If it is accurate, it really gives a good visual indicator of just how large the EKs are and how many guilds they can potentially support. Like you said, there wouldn't be enough room for every individual to throw up a castle but there is more than enough room for multiple different guilds to have their own territory.

i don't mind joining but im waiting till we know more about EK before i say i will commit to anything.

but i do have a small and large fort but would mind joining up later most likely

You'd be very welcome. I imagine most players with multiple parcels and strongholds will spread their properties around a bit. I've been contacted by a few players now who look for a social / trading hub as well as wanting to run their own guild and personal EKs. 

So long as the taxes don't get too extreme (we're all waiting to find out what the burn rate will be :P ) I think its a very wise policy to spread parcels around to connect to various communities and then let the communities grow.

Rhime is very much a long term project.. I think there will be 10s of thousands of players joining the game later who will look around for a place to plant their house down - so no hurry :)

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

I love the strong RP vibe of this EK. Would be a very interesting place to explore :)

PS Todd updated the size of a cell from 200m to 256m.

Oh crackers... they're making me do math :|

*Checks* Are you sure? On the EK FAQ it says:

*snip*

Ah nm.. I found it here and you're absolutely right curse you! *Shoots the messenger with her cat launcher*

Take that! And that! And one of those!

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Advanced Notice

Dirkoff's Emporium will be setting up in Rhime in "The Shaded Vale."

Puveyor of fine foods, beverages and potions. A place to come and browse for all your campaign supplies to keep you sustained through the Winter months.

Looking for that special potion to provide a little bit of burst healing or stamina enhancements then come to Dirkoff's Emporium, Rhime.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

Looking for a casual guild ...

If you would like to make Rhime your home then please give us a bit of info about your plans :)

::PROVINCE:: ------------------------------------------------------ Name of your province as it should appear on the  Rhime map.
::Preferred placement?::---------------------------------------- (Map X,Y Coordinates) What is the preferred location of your site (you can link to a jpeg if you like). 
::OWNER::----------------------------------------------------------- Name of the EK ruler / landlord / primary tenant) There can be only one ruler for your province.
::RELATED Groups/Guilds::----------------------------------- Are any guilds joining you? we can link to a website.
::DONATED PLOTS/BUILDINGS::---------------------------- The main parcel of your province as well as any other parcels / buildings etc.
::Recruiting?::------------------------------------------------------ Are places available for rresidents to come and live in your province?
::Embassy::---------------------------------------------------------- We welcome embassies from other EKs/guilds setting up residence in Rhime.

A short description always helps: Are you a guild, A roleplayer? A trader or crafter? DO you come alone or with 100 friends? DO you have any expectations from Rhime or do you see any possibilities that excite you? Do you have any skills that might help us grow this community? Would you like to help in any way?

www.CrowfallRP.com