Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

THE MoST AWesom CRoWFALL CompitiToN in the HIsTori Of THe WurLD!*

*Might be a slight exaggeration - but noone ever died for that amirite?

[Competition Closed - Entries to be announced]

Announcing the www.crowfallRP.com Epic Short Story Competition!

Open 03 September - 31 October 2016 

____________CURRENT ENTRIES____________

A pig! Some kind of ... fluffy? pig. A pack pig package in fact! Probably useful in some capacity. $10 value!

piggy.jpg

Adorable! This pig could be yours!

Rules & Judging Details:

Entries must be submitted by 31st October to the RP section and clearly titled or prefaced as a competition entry. You chould also link to it here from this thread or submit it at CrowfallRP.com or message me. I will also update this post with links to new entries to make it easy to read them all.

All entries should be original works by a single author who is also a member of this site. Entry by proxy (for a friend) is not allowed. (We don't want to be worshipping false writers).

One entry per author please!

Once you post your story on the RP section further editing is NOT ALLOWED (And may lead to disqualification).

Entries will be judged according to originality and creativity.

Please keep the language and content away from NSFW territory. Content is of course subject to the Crowfall forum guidelines for language and behaviour. Its OK to allude to Game of Thrones levels of naughtiness - but don't be too graphic.

Illustrations can be used but must be original artwork by the author. It is at the judges discretion to allow arkwork to count towards final scoring (For example its likely a graphic novel or comic format would be allowed).

I've cheekily asked for help in the judging. We want judging to be transparently fair and impartial. Stay tuned for more details on that.

Closing date for entries is the 31st of October (Halloween!) and I hope we can announce our winners by the 5th of November (Cos its Guy Fawkes night and symbolism is neato!)

Dislaimer:

This is a privately run competition run by a fan for the kicks and giggles. Artcraft Entertainment are not responsible for the prizes or the fallout if it all explodes in my face.

Www.crowfallrp.com is an amateur non-profit fan site. I am an amateur non-profit fan. No unicorns were hurt yet in the making of this event but frankly we can't rule it out.

Please consider the whole thing a fan effort and please don't get antsy if we hit hiccups along the road. If you have a habit of antsyness this competition might not be for you.

What's in it for me?

• I would like to help build the RP community. This is a very selfish interest as I then get more people to roleplay with.
  • I would like to draw attention to our new RP community site www.crowfallrp.com which only has 2 members as I write this :P (In fairness it might be the site colour scheme scaring ppl off).

Other stuff:

• Authors retain all rights to their works - If you write something great I would love to use your stories (with full accreditation) as lore for an Eternal Kingdom I am making called Rhime. Stories will be a big deal there. Please tell me if you *don't* want your story used in this fashion.
  • Writing about crowfall stuff requires Artcraft permission cos its their license. Please don't abuse their generosity in allowing us to dfo this sort of thing.
  • The Nightmare and the piggy have KS /they will be gifted from a KS package).
  • Competitions are fun. Good luck!
Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Will there be a dedicated thread for these stories or some kind of header we should include?

TBH its up to you -  I think its just to post a nice story in the rp section. You can link to it here or you can title it something like "[short story competiton] My story" or even just message me with the link and I can do the updating here.

I will also try and stay up to date and post links to new entries on the first post of this thread.

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I'm not sure if we can use "CrowfallRP.com" in the title of the post. But as long as it's the first thing you see in the short story's write up, will that work? 

OS_Sig3.png

I'm not sure if we can use "CrowfallRP.com" in the title of the post. But as long as it's the first thing you see in the short story's write up, will that work? 

I think its ok just to link directly from here and let us know its an entry - so you dont need to modify the title or add anything if you dont want to. 

www.CrowfallRP.com

I think its ok just to link directly from here and let us know its an entry - so you dont need to modify the title or add anything if you dont want to. 

Sounds good! Looking forward to this!

OS_Sig3.png

Issue with rping as an archetype. Your archetype isn't you. You're just a soul. How do you roleplay a body not tied to you at all. That you just simply take control of?

How indeed?

There's been a bit of discussion in the RP section about this.. Some struggle a bit with the overly meta implications of being a crow that can go through bodies (and body parts!) of their heros - swapping out genders, personalities and all the unique bits as they wish...

It might make it harder to relate to the character we develop..

Hopefully we'll see some creativity in the contest in addressing that :P

www.CrowfallRP.com

I think I jumped the gun, but it was still fun to do.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/13385-short-story-competition-entry-sephyxia/ -- Entry

If only I waited, I would have had 2 months to prepare my best! But, eh, it was a spur of the moment thing, just had to type it down.

I think I jumped the gun, but it was still fun to do.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/13385-short-story-competition-entry-sephyxia/ -- Entry

If only I waited, I would have had 2 months to prepare my best! But, eh, it was a spur of the moment thing, just had to type it down.

Good stuff, Seph! The ice has officially been broken with a first submission. Good luck!

I hope taking a little license with the lore would not be grounds for disqualification?

As long as it isn't too farfetched, I don't think there would be a problem. (Just don't be too specific, I guess?)

I only used the Gods affiliation with Chaos / Balance / Order to try and determine their actions taken. (Tried to limit myself on the gods as much as I could to prevent clashing with future lore.)

I hope taking a little license with the lore would not be grounds for disqualification?

I think at this point we're filling in a lot of blanks - the lore is still very much incomplete - so don't worry. 

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com