Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

THE MoST AWesom CRoWFALL CompitiToN in the HIsTori Of THe WurLD!*

Try asking Pann ;D

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Try asking Pann ;D

I did already spam her but tbh I think its important the devs keep focusing on the game :) She gave me some great advice on possibile judges.

At this rate we might end up with 20 or 30 entries and I think it would take a day or 2 to do a proper judging job if thats the case. The roleplayer in me would be happy but..the gamer in me would be kicking myself for pulling a dev off the job :P

I've reached out to a really good published writer.

I think if we can get someone with real writing experience from outside CF community it would be awesome AND fair.

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

but you have to ensure that he knows about the lore....he'd have to take some time to at least speed-read throug it/ gt an oral summary from you or someone else o.o

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Hat, ring, tossed.

It's a bit tricky to really noodle into the lore without a lot of lore to noodle into. Especially as I'm definitely interested in the Stalker archetype and the Elkin race in general and there is precisely zero information there... But as long as things are left as basic character interactions (read: combat) anything will probably fall within the realm of plausibility as we learn more. :)

I know how you feel. In the begin i told myself that i would be a ranger but with time i got to realy love the Elken Stalker so i realy wanted to use him in my story and he mande only a especial entry in the end of the tale.  :P

I did already spam her but tbh I think its important the devs keep focusing on the game :) She gave me some great advice on possibile judges.

At this rate we might end up with 20 or 30 entries and I think it would take a day or 2 to do a proper judging job if thats the case. The roleplayer in me would be happy but..the gamer in me would be kicking myself for pulling a dev off the job :P

I've reached out to a really good published writer.

I think if we can get someone with real writing experience from outside CF community it would be awesome AND fair.

that escalated quickly

"An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A Ranger practices until he never gets it wrong." -The Lost Stories  

naxCJH.png

✣Junte-se a nós✣

but you have to ensure that he knows about the lore....he'd have to take some time to at least speed-read throug it/ gt an oral summary from you or someone else o.o

There ain't a lot of it :) Certainly we could point them to whats been written - but already you guys have written as much as there is currently in the pantheon :D

Thats pretty neat!

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

but already you guys have written as much as there is currently in the pantheon :D

Thats pretty neat!

lolz. well, nevertheless they should at least know the gods and what they stand for :)

Just to let everyone know: I'm spreading my feathers around the place looking for a judge to the competition - I'm really determined to have an objective umpire to the whole thing.

Have you sent an Email to the devs? They probably don't have much time on their hands, but I'm sure at least one of them will be up for an afternoon of fanfic reading. If all else fails, we can always put it up to a vote.

Edit: This post may be a little irrelevant... I somehow completely didn't notice the forth page in this topic.

Edited by NotASnowman

I think its great the judge is anonymous - no pressure on them - or risk of secret private messages from keen writers "there is a hidden meaning in my story - do you get it DO YOU GET IT?!?!"  :P

And no chance for anyone to be critical of the judge beforehand and start second guessing them before they even do what is really a very very big favour for us!

For me its just a major relief we have a judge at all - cos seriously it is very VERY hard when you read the entries to say definitively what is better - I have my favourites but I cant say for sure if they are "better stories" - or if I just have a preference for certain deities and archetypes, you know?

Judging this competition is gonna be hard work so lets give them a break :P

www.CrowfallRP.com

Okay, lets just wait like normal guys... Yeah, not curious at all! Yeah... (starting to hack Deloria account to read his conversation with Pann)

"An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A Ranger practices until he never gets it wrong." -The Lost Stories  

naxCJH.png

✣Junte-se a nós✣

The judge has been a friend of mine for 20 years, a voracious reader (mostly fantasy and sci-fi) with vision problems that prevent him from playing MMOs anymore. He's not part of the Crowfall community so he is about as unbiased as one can get. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community